Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Puzzles and Other Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Hey everyone (Prelim WW idea, need some help) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=444914)

Spook 07-07-2007 12:30 AM

Re: Hey everyone (Prelim WW idea, need some help)

Hey Jack, what about this WW idea... you play more.

Jack Bando 07-07-2007 12:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey Jack, what about this WW idea... you play more.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like that idea the most [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img], but I've had a lot of work to do, plus driving a good distance to get their (today I was away from the PC from 10:45AM till around 9PM). I'm making my comeback soon I hope.

About this game, I'll probably add the ability to kill the 2-5th wagons (number gets smaller late in game) for B after trade and C-D.

clowntable 07-07-2007 06:59 AM

Also, my first post would be something like this:
Ok guys, let's take the player list and number it from #1-#X. From now on, just refer to the numbers.

FCBLComish 07-07-2007 07:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, my first post would be something like this:
Ok guys, let's take the player list and number it from #1-#X. From now on, just refer to the numbers.

[/ QUOTE ]

You would still have to vote by name....

FCBLComish 07-07-2007 07:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would deny wolves any chance of getting a night kill and lynch vanillagers for the first 10 or so days until there's a mortal lock on the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm... How do you find the vanillagers again???

Jack Bando 07-07-2007 10:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I would deny wolves any chance of getting a night kill and lynch vanillagers for the first 10 or so days until there's a mortal lock on the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm... How do you find the vanillagers again???

[/ QUOTE ]

Lynch REALLY bad.

How about these changes?
---
A+B's default ability now also can do replied to/replied at.

B's enchanced ability/C+D's default if A or B give them the kill option (IV) is any poster of the day. (and since all most post at least once...)

If Seer #1 dies, mason auto dies next night. (If #1 is lynched, mason that night, if NKed, auto dead next night.)

Same deal with FBI agents and the vanilla masonry.

Voj 07-08-2007 10:47 AM

Hi Jack. Don't know if I figured the rules right but if I did and if I were a villager in your game (as I am in like 99% of teh games but nobody ever believes me) I would claim vanilla, vote myself and encourage everyone to do that and not to mention any name in the topic (since wolves wouldn't have a NK in this way - did I get it right ?). Rince and repeat three or four times and it seems like village has a lock on this game.

Jack Bando 07-08-2007 12:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Jack. Don't know if I figured the rules right but if I did and if I were a villager in your game (as I am in like 99% of teh games but nobody ever believes me , me too [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] ) I would claim vanilla, vote myself and encourage everyone to do that and not to mention any name in the topic (since wolves wouldn't have a NK in this way - did I get it right ?). Rince and repeat three or four times and it seems like village has a lock on this game.

[/ QUOTE ]

In my original idea, this would work for the most part, except B could cut their time in half and take out anyone who replied to them, quoted them, or anyone they replied to or quoted, and C+D could do the same if A or B gave them their power temporarily.

With my updated idea, A/B could hit anyone who they replied to or was replied to, A/B could give to C+D for a day or two and C/D could hit anyone, or B could cut their life in half and do the same.

I could just make this a basic game (1 seer, 1 backup seer, 4 evils, maybe keep the "C or D can do a suicide sacrifice on anyone whose vote ended on A or B (respectively)". But I prefer WW games that have some resemblence to the theme (Clue,LOTR games, ST:TNGs, Heroes, 007,24,etc...) instead of having a game with the names of charecters but nothing really about the theme (AS13, current AS has a Futurama theme, but it's not like any of the roles are based in Futurama lore. Not knocking those games, they were/look great.)

(Oh, and I'd add the rule stating the trio of cops will always see Wolf A as villa, a semi-godfather thing)

lastchance 07-08-2007 02:55 PM

Getting better.

*Seer #1-100% chance to see-has a mason as well
*#1's Mason
*3-5 cops-mason's with 50% chance peek (must fail if last two worked)
*FBI agents (2-masoned)-75% chance of their peek going through
*another Masonry (2)(If Seer #1 and Mason are dead-each die back to back days)

But this alone probably beats 4 regular wolves. (let alone wolves enhanced with nks)

Jack Bando 07-08-2007 03:21 PM

You forgot my new idea LC, if Seer 1 dies, Mason is Auto-dead next night, not couting the regular NK. Ditto if one of the FBI goes down or one of the villa masonry. And Cops always fail a peek of wolf A. And claiming your role gets a auto-death that night as well.

And the wolf rules are now: A and B regular can go for anyone they say's name/anyone who says them/replied to/replied at and B's special is anyone at the cost of half their time (which is C/D's normal if A/B let's them borrow thier kill for a night or two or if A is dead his goes to C and if B is dead his goes to D)

Thanks for the help. Can't wait to be able to play a game soon, and maybe even run this one with all the kinks out of it.