Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   Official September sales numbers (360 takes it, PS3 falling further) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=527673)

jalapenoguy 10-22-2007 01:48 AM

Re: Official September sales numbers (360 takes it, PS3 falling furth

[ QUOTE ]
Basically no way for xbox to sustain numbers that high for Oct/Nov. But obviously there will be a huge spike in December.

[/ QUOTE ]

they sold over 600K units last november and over a million in december. 360 should be pushing around 2.5 million systems oct-dec in the us this year.

AceLuby 10-23-2007 11:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Basically no way for xbox to sustain numbers that high for Oct/Nov. But obviously there will be a huge spike in December.

[/ QUOTE ]

they sold over 600K units last november and over a million in december. 360 should be pushing around 2.5 million systems oct-dec in the us this year.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll take the under on the 2.5 million mark.

astroglide 10-28-2007 03:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
why was Heavenly Sword expected to turn the PS3 around? I played 25 minutes of the game in an ebgames store and it was horrible. Nothing new or exciting about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

i couldn't make it through the demo. i think heavenly sword is like god of war, only worse. that might be said about most action/adventure games, though.

Chilltown 10-28-2007 06:23 PM

I love to see Nintendo doing great after the semi disappointments in the 64 and GameCube.

1 million hardware units in a month (DS/Wii/GBA combined) is great for business. I was worried before the Wii launched that if it flops then Nintendo might stick to handhelds and develop for other systems like Sega but I was way off. I don't believe that will ever happen now.

jah7_fsu1 10-28-2007 11:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I love to see Nintendo doing great after the semi disappointments in the 64 and GameCube.

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel the same way. Although I don't consider the N64 a big disappointment, it just didn't win, it had some great games...some of my all time favorites. Now the gamecube...I just felt that was a console with very few good games for it. Even some of Nintendo's games weren't that good. Overall GC is by far my least favorite Nintendo console ever.

ThaSaltCracka 10-29-2007 01:23 AM

I personally thought N64 won. But then again, I basically only played Goldeneye, MK64, M64, and NFL Blitz.

housenuts 10-29-2007 02:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]

1 million hardware units in a month (DS/Wii/GBA combined)

[/ QUOTE ]

why do people still buy gba's? that's like someone buying a gamecube now, which i guess they do, but seriously, get a grip.

Chilltown 10-29-2007 03:53 AM

Same reason people still buy PS2...extremely cheap and a lot of games for it.

I think 64 is my favorite system ever...just it "lost" and Sony really did a good job at bringing 3rd parties to develop for them in years to come. I don't see how 3rd parties are not flocking to the Wii with all these sales but its still early I guess.

teh_mewse 10-29-2007 08:29 AM

this thread is pointless. Coming from someone owns every big selling console ever made, who recently bought a ps3, it just blows xbox360 out of the water. Its not even close. Thats not a knock on the 360 either. When i got my 360 i was EXTREMELY pleased... but the ps3 just leaves you with a "wow" feeling. Now all it needs is assassins creed, gran turismo 5, gta4, killzone 2 (wow wanting that one a while), metal gear solid, etc etc

4 High 10-29-2007 09:06 AM

Grab Ratchet and Clank. SICKSICKSICK.