Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   BBV4Life (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Mazda RX-8 (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=480969)

fluffpop62 08-18-2007 10:38 PM

Re: Mazda RX-8

ya wtf my daddy has the red one and his never got recalled...you dope.

also it doesn't look like a pen15 you creepr

fluffpop62 08-18-2007 10:38 PM

also why dont any of those have spoilers

Mr November 08-18-2007 10:40 PM

Hey fluffpop my Dad has one too. Red with a spoiler. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

ncboiler 08-18-2007 10:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I almost bought a used one a while back. It had a sweet body kit on it and everything. But then I learned that it had a rotary engine which meant that oil had to be changed every 1k miles or so. But I don't find they look bad at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

This isn't exactly true. Oil only needs to be changed about every 8,000 miles. You may need to add a couple of quarts in between oil changes.

[/ QUOTE ]

8k miles?? Explain plz. And is this an '07 model or something?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because it burns oil and you need to add a couple of quarts the recommended oil change is 8K. Maybe this will explain it better. We have injection molding machines in our facility. Some of them leak oil very badly. We do not get the oil sampled on these machines because they pretty much have their oil changed every year anyway (results of samples determine if we change the oil). Same principle.

JayA 08-18-2007 11:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I almost bought a used one a while back. It had a sweet body kit on it and everything. But then I learned that it had a rotary engine which meant that oil had to be changed every 1k miles or so. But I don't find they look bad at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

This isn't exactly true. Oil only needs to be changed about every 8,000 miles. You may need to add a couple of quarts in between oil changes.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Because it burns oil and you need to add a couple of quarts the recommended oil change is 8K. Maybe this will explain it better. We have injection molding machines in our facility. Some of them leak oil very badly. We do not get the oil sampled on these machines because they pretty much have their oil changed every year anyway (results of samples determine if we change the oil). Same principle.

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting. I wonder why I these people told me I would have to change the oil every 1k miles.

ncboiler 08-18-2007 11:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting. I wonder why I these people told me I would have to change the oil every 1k miles.

[/ QUOTE ]

They may have meant "check " it every 1K

RunyonAve 08-18-2007 11:17 PM

Plenty of these rotary engines stall when you try to start them warm... waiting aroudn for your car to cool off so you can start it is a huge beat, so i bought a 350z instead.

JayA 08-18-2007 11:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They may have meant "check " it every 1K

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahh, never knew there was a diff. I'm a noob.

NU Star 08-18-2007 11:25 PM

Is OP some kind of Nissan or Honda shill or something?

Monolith 08-18-2007 11:34 PM

Have you seen the Oscar Meyer Weiner-mobile?...