Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Health and Fitness (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   November [censored] thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=536084)

AZK 11-02-2007 09:38 AM

Re: November [censored] thread

15 lbs of solid mass will take longer than 30 lbs of lbm and fat. If you just eat and sleep a fuckton, and have really intense sessions with relatively little stress in your life, you should be able to gain 30 lbs (15 lbm). If you want to gain 15 lbs clean, it is going to take a long time.

Wolfram 11-02-2007 10:03 AM

AZK,
Do you really gain 50/50 lbm and fat when bulking? Isn't it more like 70/30 or 80/20 (given that the average human is about 20-30% fat)?

Thremp 11-02-2007 12:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
AZK,
Do you really gain 50/50 lbm and fat when bulking? Isn't it more like 70/30 or 80/20 (given that the average human is about 20-30% fat)?

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends on where you start. You gain more fat the fatter you are. guids and I disagreed on this in a previous thread. I think you were good to go in the 10-14 area or thereabouts... he wanted 2-3% lower.

GooseHinson 11-02-2007 12:37 PM

Should take a little more then a year if you do everything perfectly.

AZK 11-02-2007 01:58 PM

It's not 50/50, I was just saying it's much easier to gain lbm with tons of fat and then cut for most people. It's a lot harder to carefully gain lbm with no change in bodyfat % unless you are super dedicated. Speaking from personal experience, but I have a feeling it's pretty uniform across the board...

cbloom 11-02-2007 03:28 PM

Just had a super poor workout, I haven't been sleeping it all lately and I knew I wouldn't be able to lift for [censored] but didn't want to get totally off track. It feels kinda pointless though, I was way below the levels I should be at in my program for hypertrophy. Is it even worth making myself go in on a day like this? Feels like maybe I shoulda just hit the small easy muscles or something.

vulturesrow 11-02-2007 04:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just had a super poor workout, I haven't been sleeping it all lately and I knew I wouldn't be able to lift for [censored] but didn't want to get totally off track. It feels kinda pointless though, I was way below the levels I should be at in my program for hypertrophy. Is it even worth making myself go in on a day like this? Feels like maybe I shoulda just hit the small easy muscles or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

cbloom,

Big believer in not doing your regular workout if you arent really feeling up to it. I usually use this type of day to play some basketball (since its hard to find a pickup game of rugby [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] ) but whatever floats your boat. If you are really down , just take a rest day. Listen to your body, youre savvy enough on this stuff to know that. I usually find that my next workout after that is really good.

theblackkeys 11-03-2007 02:02 AM

is anybody else incapable of consistently counting past 5?

cbloom 11-03-2007 12:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Whadda you mean, you lose count on high reps? 1,2,3,4,5,6,6,9,7,13...

Sometimes I'll like suddenly realize that I've completely spaced out in the middle of a set and I'm just like still doing reps without counting at all, or that I'm like counting on the up and the down, or some other equally bizarre thing.

Northern 11-03-2007 11:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol thats amazing, I've been known to do this a lot