Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   600NL - I check to induce, and look what happens.. (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=516423)

I rebluff you 10-06-2007 02:57 AM

Re: 600NL - I check to induce, and look what happens..

Why didn't you bet the river? Given his stats this is a simple 3barrel and he would've called with junk pair.

Unknown Soldier 10-06-2007 08:05 AM

i'd overbet flop and turn if hes that retarded, and yeah call river (i like c/c).

PrimogenitoX 10-06-2007 09:23 AM

Openshove river for value?

moira 10-06-2007 09:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would have bet the river for value.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes. bet 2/3-3/4 of pot - fold is easier then too, cause u dont seem so weak...

Kirkrrr 10-06-2007 10:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I would have bet the river for value.

[/ QUOTE ]

I considered it, but decided that this guy would be valuebetting most of the hands he would call a bet with, and I knew that he would turn a busted draw into a bluff a large % of the time (especially on this board when he can rep something). Am I missing something Jam?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't like a river bet at all, even against a half-witted spew monkey it's just too thin, and the times he decides to bluff-raise with a missed draw and you have a really nasty decision, just not worth it. Given your read I think you have to make the crying call.

Also, given how the hand played out, I don't see anything but a J value-betting the river on his part, either.

Edit: Come to think of it, I like a blocking bet of like 72'ish on the river.
Re-edit: LOL nah, I don't, [censored] it just check and go from there.

Kirk

aditya 10-06-2007 10:23 AM

I'm really surprised at everyone saying call. I think its a really easy fold and I don't even think about it twice.

Mat 10-06-2007 11:10 AM

I'd b/f the river(~85). As played I'd fold, odds are pretty bad. I really don't think he's bluffing enough in this spot, he's representing a draw and he probably doesn't turn too much made hands into a bluff.

Kirkrrr 10-06-2007 11:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd b/f the river(~85). As played I'd fold, odds are pretty bad. I really don't think he's bluffing enough in this spot, he's representing a draw and he probably doesn't turn too much made hands into a bluff.

[/ QUOTE ]

The reason I don't like a blocking bet on the river is because there's very, very few J's Hero could reasonably have, and if Villain has the 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in his hand that eliminates another one, so I'd be afraid of getting bluff-raised if I bet. River could not be more perfect for a missed draw to bluff at, and given description in OP calling seems fine.

Kirk

Jamougha 10-06-2007 01:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The reason I don't like a blocking bet on the river is because there's very, very few J's Hero could reasonably have, and if Villain has the 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in his hand that eliminates another one, so I'd be afraid of getting bluff-raised if I bet. River could not be more perfect for a missed draw to bluff at, and given description in OP calling seems fine.

Kirk

[/ QUOTE ]

I really like your posts in general but you keep assuming people can read hands when they can't.

minnesotasam 10-06-2007 01:47 PM

Yeah I very much agree with Jamougha.. Your HSNL stripes are showing kirk, no way this guy is anywhere near that level of analysis.