Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   help OOT tipping experts.... (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=557476)

XXXNoahXXX 11-29-2007 08:33 PM

Re: help OOT tipping experts....

[ QUOTE ]
It isn't the tipping of movers I'm concerned with... it's the boss etiquette situation

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh here's a thread dealing with tipping with boss' money from just a few weeks ago!

OH WAIT YOU WERE THE OP IN THAT ONE TOO!

i know you're on some secret bb4l mission, but stop it.

mbillie1 11-29-2007 08:34 PM

Yeah but this time they didn't give me any money, see it's a totally different situation and hence it necessitates a new thread. I have to anticipate their desired tip, since I'm risking my own cash on it, or do I stiff?

XXXNoahXXX 11-29-2007 08:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah but this time they didn't give me any money, see it's a totally different situation and hence it necessitates a new thread. I have to anticipate their desired tip, since I'm risking my own cash on it, or do I stiff?

[/ QUOTE ]

aaaaaaaaand that's where you're wrong.

mbillie1 11-29-2007 08:36 PM

lol well still, what do I do?

Alobar 11-29-2007 08:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It isn't the tipping of movers I'm concerned with... it's the boss etiquette situation

[/ QUOTE ]

Im not sure why you care. It's not your [censored], you didnt hire them for the job, you shouldnt care if they get tipped or not. If its because you will feel like a jackass since you are the one whos there and you feel uncomfortable cuz you are worried they will think you are a piece of [censored] for not tipping, then when the movers are done moving [censored] and they hand you whatever little form to sign, sign and say something like "was the tip included?" When they say no, say "wow, what an [censored]. Im sorry my boss is such a cheapskate"

mbillie1 11-29-2007 08:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Im not sure why you care. It's not your [censored], you didnt hire them for the job, you shouldnt care if they get tipped or not. If its because you will feel like a jackass since you are the one whos there and you feel uncomfortable cuz you are worried they will think you are a piece of [censored] for not tipping, then when the movers are done moving [censored] and they hand you whatever little form to sign, sign and say something like "was the tip included?" When they say no, say "wow, what an [censored]. Im sorry my boss is such a cheapskate"

[/ QUOTE ]

alright this works, I'll probably do this actually

Hoya 11-29-2007 08:38 PM

I think you have started something like 10 threads related to your job. Enough already.

samsonite2100 11-29-2007 09:50 PM

Tip them $20 and get it from your boss. Jesus H. What kind of fly by night operation are working for where you're worried about this? Do you work for Vyse?

mbillie1 11-29-2007 09:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you work for Vyse?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I don't wanna shell out too much cuz he never tips [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Tony_P 11-29-2007 10:13 PM

When I moved in May The move was $550 for 3 guys/5 hours.
One of them said "A $90 tip each is customary". I had to try really hard not to laugh at him