Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Poker Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   100/200 Ace to Five easy "I never play this game" spot (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=527993)

Danastasio1 10-22-2007 05:55 AM

Re: 100/200 Ace to Five easy \"I never play this game\" spot

^^Awesome^^

InWithTheBest 10-22-2007 02:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Oh by the way, I think when it goes 1, pat, 2, 2 you should strongly consider checkraising the field and snowing here. It's so strong, and you have the perfect hand that really can't continue so if Yosh 3 bets you can just fold. I haven't played draw with Yosh but most live players will give a TON of respect to this play, and it sounds like the cards are pretty dead so the other guys brick out a ton.

Finally, if Yosh folds you could then decide to draw one and tilt the hell out of him [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont get it... If we are so worried about drawing dead why would we snow? Seems like a huge waste of 400 here (read:mega spew). Hes going to have to 3 bet a wide range to close out the field. This is the sort of play that works out every once in awhile and you look like a genius, while the other 10 attempts failed miserbly.

HOWMANY 10-22-2007 02:37 PM

I hate the idea of trying to snow here as well but I will say that I'm pretty sure Yosh folded a winning 6 earlier in the night in a pot where I maybe mildly overplayed a bad 6 against someone else vastly overplaying the worst 6 so it's not out of the question that this play will work.

DeathDonkey 10-22-2007 07:20 PM

IWTB: first, I never said we were drawing dead (meaning Yosh has a monster) I said we didn't have any outs cuz they are in everyone's hand. I mean we haven't seen an ace or two, and its a 4 way pot, surely not everyone is on the 3456 draw [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

So it can be very possible that we have too weak of a draw to continue, and at the same time Yosh has a mediocre big blind holding that he's pat with that can't stand much heat. I know every time I'm the big blind and pick up a weak, made, unbreakable hand I get a bit of dread as I raise and announce pat. Now add to that the fact that live players actually believe you and snow less often than online players, and this is looking like a good spot IMO.

The fact that you say he will 3 bet a wide range of hands to close out the field tells me you don't have a good pulse on live players (I know you played live a lot this summer, maybe you were playing high enough stakes where guys do this sort of thing?) - just because its correct for Yosh to do what you suggest doesn't make me think he's very likely to do it, he's more likely to call down or fold. I completely agree with you that he should 3 bet before he should call in most cases but I don't think that's what actually happens.

-DeathDonkey

InWithTheBest 10-22-2007 11:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
IWTB: first, I never said we were drawing dead (meaning Yosh has a monster) I said we didn't have any outs cuz they are in everyone's hand. I mean we haven't seen an ace or two, and its a 4 way pot, surely not everyone is on the 3456 draw [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

So it can be very possible that we have too weak of a draw to continue, and at the same time Yosh has a mediocre big blind holding that he's pat with that can't stand much heat. I know every time I'm the big blind and pick up a weak, made, unbreakable hand I get a bit of dread as I raise and announce pat. Now add to that the fact that live players actually believe you and snow less often than online players, and this is looking like a good spot IMO.

The fact that you say he will 3 bet a wide range of hands to close out the field tells me you don't have a good pulse on live players (I know you played live a lot this summer, maybe you were playing high enough stakes where guys do this sort of thing?) - just because its correct for Yosh to do what you suggest doesn't make me think he's very likely to do it, he's more likely to call down or fold. I completely agree with you that he should 3 bet before he should call in most cases but I don't think that's what actually happens.

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

DD, your explination makes a lot of sense. I still think its going to be pretty tough to get the chips this way but I now see the merit to your play.
I didnt play much bigger than 1-2 this summer but I still felt most of the players would make the 3 bet here if they had anything worth showing down. Maybe im mistaken, my results this summer were def pretty average. This guys name is familar but I dont know where I know it from??

*TT* 10-24-2007 01:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd fold, Aces and deuces are going to be totally dead, so you are drawing at 76 and probably have like 2 outs. Close to a fold after the first draw but its cheap and closing the action so I guess its cool.

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

word.

Remember that hand weighting is different in A-5, the strongest equivelent hands in 2-7 doesn't feel as strong in A-5. You often have to have a "draw to the nuts" POV more in A-5 than you do in 2-7.

*TT* 10-24-2007 01:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

double word. Donkey is on fire!