Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   arrrgh, river flush but not sure if villian has better flush (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=554169)

kerowo 11-25-2007 10:08 PM

Re: arrrgh, river flush but not sure if villian has better flush

Do we have reads that neither one of them knows how to read a board? Even donkey's have hands now and then, and when it's 2 back to me it's time to consider that YHING.

MattHH 11-25-2007 11:10 PM

I don't understand why you would 3-bet the flop. Could someone please explain?

Smurph64 11-25-2007 11:48 PM

raise preflop you have equity against 5 this is the almost perfect big pot hand to hold.

flop reraise and cap if necessary.

Turn bet/call

River lead/3 bet don't cap and call 2.

Lose a lot or win a lot, I take it by the standard nature of posters you lost.

Oh well.

tiltaholic 11-26-2007 12:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't understand why you would 3-bet the flop. Could someone please explain?

[/ QUOTE ]

because there are multiple opponents willing to call and we are going to hit our flush and win. hopefully others will elaborate.

KaatzMeow 11-26-2007 11:17 AM

You have 6 players putting money into the pot so you are getting 5:1 on your moeny and you are a less than 2:1 to hit your flush by the river, given that your flush will win. You could adjust your outs from 9 to 8 for flush over flush and still have equity to raise. At 7 outs your best action is to call.

Please correct me if my understanding is off.

MattHH 11-26-2007 12:29 PM

Alright, cool. I understand value betting and I guess I just didn't know my odds were that good preflop. On the flop I usually use my odds of making the hand on the next card for my value betting, but apparently this is incorrect. (I need to finish reading ToP so I can read SSH).

shuinthehouse 11-26-2007 12:41 PM

I don't like 3 betting the flop OOP w/ the 4th nut FD and MP2 looking like a FD also, with K or A of trump I would do it. I would bet the river here, having it checked thru would suck. Once I bet the river I call one and hope I could fold for two.

Blzdwrath 11-26-2007 01:34 PM

The reason to re-raise this flop is because of equity. You are putting in 25% of the money with four people (1/4). You will hit your flush ~35% of the time. So for every bet that goes into the pot with 4 people you make money. I raise this up everytime it is very much +EV.

BadBigBabar 11-26-2007 01:36 PM

i don't hate not 3betting the flop for a couple of factors; as played i'd 3bet the river and fold to a cap.

Blzdwrath 11-26-2007 01:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't like 3 betting the flop OOP w/ the 4th nut FD and MP2 looking like a FD also

[/ QUOTE ]

O RLY? MP2 Cold calling 2 bets on the flop makes you think he has a bigger flush? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

This is why you should not post results to a hand.