Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   "buffoonery by blacks whitening NFL" article by Jason Whitlock (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=525941)

prohornblower 10-18-2007 05:07 PM

Re: \"buffoonery by blacks whitening NFL\" article by Jason Whitlock

[ QUOTE ]
"Whitlock is clearly racist.... wait, what's that you're saying? He's black? Well [censored]..."

-NAACP, Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson

[/ QUOTE ]

Awesome. I agree.

UATrewqaz 10-18-2007 05:07 PM

"hip-hop culture" hurts everyone who practices it in all areas of life, be it sports or anything else.

by "hip-hop culture" I mean - guns, violence, drugs, and pointless displays of wealth are cool! Education and being respectful to others is selling out!

Not a recipe for a happy or productive life for anyone.

Jack Bando 10-18-2007 05:18 PM

Isn't hip-hop records mostly bought by whites? (I remember reading that somewhere)

I think it's more just where people grow up and who they're with. "Hmm, all my friends have guns and I get payed millions to play a game. I think I'll take them to a strip club and start trouble."

ThaSaltCracka 10-18-2007 05:21 PM

I don't see the connection between hip hop culture and black athletes acting stupid.

I do see a connection between immature grown men, who get paid millions and have massive ego's and acting stupid.

kidcolin 10-18-2007 05:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Didn't read the article yet, will soon, but Whitlock doesn't [censored] around and is a very good/honest writer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Word. I haven't read it yet either, though. I just like Whitlock, even though I don't always agree with him.

Franchise 60 10-18-2007 05:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Isn't hip-hop records mostly bought by whites? (I remember reading that somewhere)

[/ QUOTE ]

Since when do people buy music?

kidcolin 10-18-2007 05:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Isn't Whitlock a notorious "race card" guy? I've never thought of him as pandering to white America. He once accused Jack Del Rio of keeping Girrard around as the backup for the sole purpose of taking pressure off of Leftwich in a white city.

Sometimes it does make me think when somebody brings up: "white guy gets a free pass for these antics but black guy doesn't". But yah, everyone loves Ocho Cinco for some reason, which I think shoots those theories down to an extent. I guess that's a good thing in a way.

[/ QUOTE ]

He writes about race constantly. He's not so much of a sports columnist as he is a culture commentator and sports is his chosen avenue to explore that. He's said as much.

He is not a big "race card" guy though. He's extremely critical of black america. He's knocked Scoop Jackson (which is like slow pitch softball), criticized blacks' response to the Jena 6 stuff going on, etc etc.

UATrewqaz 10-18-2007 05:31 PM

Um, you don't see a connection with the ways they choose to act stupid and hip hop culture?

Guns, strip clubs, dog fighting, etc?

Rich athletes acting stupid is not new, rich people do alot of dumb things, but the the specific dumb things these athletes are choosing to do looks like the run down of a good rap video.

hoyasnaxa 10-18-2007 05:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Since when do people buy music?

[/ QUOTE ]

You can buy music?!?!

ThaSaltCracka 10-18-2007 05:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Um, you don't see a connection with the ways they choose to act stupid and hip hop culture?

Guns, strip clubs, dog fighting, etc?

[/ QUOTE ]This is really really dumb. Seriously.