Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Ankiel HGH (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=495484)

LBJ 09-07-2007 02:14 AM

Re: Ankiel HGH

Haha from the ESPN article, I found the quote of the Cards GM bitching pretty funny.

Cardinals GM Walt Jocketty said: "This is the first I've heard of this. If it's true, obviously it would be very tragic, along with everything else we've had happen to us this year."

Call the whaaaambulance you just [censored] won a World Series.

TheNoodleMan 09-07-2007 02:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Haha from the ESPN article, I found the quote of the Cards GM bitching pretty funny.

Cardinals GM Walt Jocketty said: "This is the first I've heard of this. If it's true, obviously it would be very tragic, along with everything else we've had happen to us this year."

Call the whaaaambulance you just [censored] won a World Series.

[/ QUOTE ]

Kind of weak to refer to a player taking HGH as tragic, especially when your team had a player die this year.

Russ M. 09-07-2007 02:19 AM

lol at grouping a player taking HGH with another player being killed in a car accident.

CharlieDontSurf 09-07-2007 02:28 AM

ehh Im actually at the point now where I no longer care if Bonds, Sosa, 90% of baseball did it pre ban. I'd only judge a player based on if they are currently using it now despite it being banned.

RickAstleyFan 09-07-2007 02:41 AM

Wow, this story is going to be HUGE.

Especially the announcement coming the day after he hits his third homer in two days and with the Cards in the playoff chase...

Vyse 09-07-2007 02:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, this story is going to be HUGE.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doubtful. No other non-Bonds steroid stories about sports have ever been huge.

RickAstleyFan 09-07-2007 02:44 AM

Seriously, this will be the top topic on Around the Horn, and PTI tomorrow.

Well, certainly in the first segment of both shows.

CharlieDontSurf 09-07-2007 02:45 AM

It would be awesome if he just came and said "Yeah I used it for that year. I was trying to save my career by converting to a hitter after pitching for the last 5 years and it wasn't illegal to use at the time. I used it for a year and then stopped when it was banned. And i don't regret what so ever."

Rubeskies 09-07-2007 03:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It would be awesome if he just came and said "Yeah I used it for that year. I was trying to save my career by converting to a hitter after pitching for the last 5 years and it wasn't illegal to use at the time. I used it for a year and then stopped when it was banned. And i don't regret what so ever."

[/ QUOTE ]

Hell yeah. If it was legal at the time, then there is nobody to blame BUT major league baseball.

NT! 09-07-2007 03:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

indeed, that would be so [censored] gangsta