Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Don't come home until u is sobern! (NC Thread) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=534814)

00Snitch 11-26-2007 08:33 PM

Re: I Need to Move Up To Where My Raises Get Respect...

[ QUOTE ]

I do know how to play chess

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn, I guess me n kero are out of the running then. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

bennyhana 11-26-2007 08:45 PM

FTP players.

Your dinghy has come in. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

~$400 for me.

Gib 11-26-2007 09:15 PM

beni: http://au.top100.ign.com/2007/ign_top_game_49.html

thoughts? I was thinkin u might not be too happy with this placing!

MrWookie 11-26-2007 10:12 PM

Looks like it's time to open up the nominations for a new thread title once again. I don't think I'll start it until after we port to vB, though.

B2_eBoogaloo 11-26-2007 10:56 PM

ok how about:

ZOMG!!111 New messageboard software?!?! Teh sky is fallling!!!!

tyler_cracker 11-26-2007 10:57 PM

ok wow a lot of stuff is going on. first and foremost:

[ QUOTE ]
trainwreck threads are what make this forum what it is!

[/ QUOTE ]

qft.

this kerowo quote from the "micros for a living" thread was especially funny given the exchange between me and shadow and bravos:

[ QUOTE ]

You can if you are 12.

[/ QUOTE ]

chess stuff:

some of you guys know that my "job" is running after school chess programs for elementary school kids. it's actually more important that you're good with kids than that you're good at chess. i can teach you enough chess to take most 5th graders (10-11 year olds) down a peg, but it's very difficult to be taught how to handle whiners, criers, fighters, wanderers, and spacers[**].

i can pay you $25/1 hour class to start, or ~$600/month if you take a full schedule (teaching every day). you can probably make more 4-tabling 1/2, but the variance is usually better. unfortunately, no relocation comp available; vegas locals only, mothereffers!

all of you are (seriously!) welcome to apply by sending me a resume.

oh, and that guy from this morning still hasn't contacted me. you know what he gets? F+. click.

edit: finally, i'm happy to play chess with anyone. my preferred method is gameknot.com, though buzz sometimes convinces me to use the inferior interface of redhotpawn.com. my screenname on both sites is cmtyler.

[**] hmm, can you tell i've been playing Lemmings lately?

00Snitch 11-26-2007 11:10 PM

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=328811

WAHTEVAH!

tyler_cracker 11-26-2007 11:38 PM

a friend just sent me this, so i'm posting it mostly for shadow:

http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/9337/hollerdl5.jpg

marchron 11-27-2007 12:01 AM

It would have been better if he had strategically placed a gang sign over the second "L" in the gravestone of someone who's almost assuredly named "Laughlin" behind him.

Also, new title: "blarging shimble banthers lolol"

kerowo 11-27-2007 12:37 AM

http://icanhascheezburger.files.word...7250156250.jpg

That is all.

OziBattler 11-27-2007 02:48 AM

nc thread title nomination "how to handle whiners, criers, fighters, wanderers, and spacers"....that pretty much describes us NC thread contributors, amirite?

BadBigBabar 11-27-2007 02:49 AM

tyler, chess any time and also often please?

bravos1 11-27-2007 02:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
nc thread title nomination "how to handle whiners, criers, fighters, wanderers, and spacers"....that pretty much describes us NC thread contributors, amirite?

[/ QUOTE ]

urrite...

so heading to disney tomorrow and my pokering is now done for the month...

hmm, not too bad IMO

http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/9191/novemberyk8.jpg

ya, it's basically all NL cuz I've moved to the dark side..

well, for now [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

OziBattler 11-27-2007 03:04 AM

bravos, lifetime NL $ graph please...or at least since you moved to the dark side

tyler_cracker 11-27-2007 03:15 AM

Conversation with [color:blue]babar[/color] on Mon Nov 26 22:57:43 200

(note that i didn't anchor my regular expression and all appearances of "babar" are now blue. but i liked how it looked, so i left it. ^ be damned!)

((what, you don't edit your nc posts in vim? it's not my fault you're a philistine.))

<font color="red">CafeConPiedras</font>: <font color="blue">babar</font> the elephant!
<font color="red">CafeConPiedras</font>: did you know...?
<font color="red">CafeConPiedras</font>: i will sometimes be telling a story that involves you
<font color="red">CafeConPiedras</font>: and i'll say, "i got that song from <font color="blue">babar</font>"
<font color="red">CafeConPiedras</font>: and the person is like "wtf person named <font color="blue">babar</font>"
<font color="red">CafeConPiedras</font>: and i'm like "the internet"
<font color="red">CafeConPiedras</font>: but listen
<font color="blue">babar</font>: sup
<font color="red">CafeConPiedras</font>: there's this thread in oot
<font color="blue">babar</font>: yea some of my irl friends
<font color="blue">babar</font>: call me <font color="blue">babar</font>
<font color="blue">babar</font>: ok oot
<font color="red">CafeConPiedras</font>: lawl
<font color="blue">babar</font>: wow 100 replies
<font color="blue">babar</font>: nice job sir
<font color="red">CafeConPiedras</font>: is called "Opening Moves That Lead to Head (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...0#Post13124756)"
<font color="red">CafeConPiedras</font>: this dumb guy is like "how do i get a girl to go down on me?"
<font color="red">CafeConPiedras</font>: "blah blah blah"
<font color="red">CafeConPiedras</font>: but like the fifth reply in the thread is:
<font color="red">CafeConPiedras</font>: "1. e4"
<font color="red">CafeConPiedras</font>: and i lol'd pretty hard
<font color="blue">babar</font>: e4 is better than d4 that's for sure

bravos1 11-27-2007 03:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
bravos, lifetime NL $ graph please...or at least since you moved to the dark side

[/ QUOTE ]

meh nothing special.. prolly up about $200 before I decided to try it again about 3.5 months ago.

Here is the last 3.5 months since I picked it up again..
http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/8316/nljv4.jpg

Add in about another $1K in donkaments and that's my NL career.

OziBattler 11-27-2007 03:28 AM

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] it. With a graph like that you should stick with NL and let it ride. gogogo

bravos1 11-27-2007 03:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] it. With a graph like that you should stick with NL and let it ride. gogogo

[/ QUOTE ]

well that's the plan for now... so we'll see how it goes.
One thing for sure... it is def easier to get the hands in playing NL. Grinding NL is nothing like grinding limit IMO.

fretelöo 11-27-2007 05:27 AM

hmm... Seems I do have to re-visit here sometimes... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

tyler_cracker 11-27-2007 05:32 AM

lol fritosaments

00Snitch 11-27-2007 06:42 AM

i just got my ass handed to me for $600 (2 x 60bb buy-ins) at the most redonkolicious PL hold'em game ever... i'm going back tomorrow.

shadow. 11-27-2007 01:38 PM

http://www.easports.com/marchmadness...p?itemID=top25

hell yeah. #21.

plus, sweet w over app state last night.

holla

tyler_cracker 11-27-2007 03:36 PM

all,

my instructor "candidate" called me back just now, some 23 hours after his first time returning my call. luckily i was prepared for him to be a retard so the first question i asked him was, "do you live in Las Vegas?"

"uh, no. i live in vancouver, b.c."

"so why are you applying for a job that's in las vegas?"

"i didn't realize it was in las vegas."

"hmmm. so what did you think it meant when it said 'Las Vegas/Reno' next to the phone number you called?"

"i didn't realize that. i'm interested in starting a program in vancouver."

"ok, welll, here is my boss's phone number. good luck with that. click."

so how does everyone feel about hiring this guy now? how do you feel about setting him up to start a program in a brand new city in a different country?

fretelöo 11-27-2007 03:52 PM

Ok, so this is kinda a brag-post, kinda an update. This has been my year:

From crushing teh miroz:

PokerStars 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (8 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, Hero calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (13 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, SB folds, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP2 folds, CO calls.

Turn: (10 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

River: (12 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

Final Pot: 14 BB

to excessive dick-swinging at 5/10 - 10/20:

Absolute Poker 10/20 Hold'em (2 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Btn raises</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (4 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Btn bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Btn 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Btn bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Btn calls.

River: (9 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Btn calls.

Final Pot: 11 BB

Pitch in some NL for sanity's sake when I ran bad. Which I rarely do [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] (note that because you have a vpip of ~75-85, this is comparable to a 25-30k sample at 6max. Note also the 5bb/100 [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] )

http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/6...benanntrg4.jpg

At some point I got sick of low-stakes 6max and switched to NL. Beat 25NL for 20bi within a week, moved up, beat 50NL for 6bi over 50k hands - moved up obv. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] Beat 100NL for 10bi over 6k hands and finally decided that I'm too much of a showdown monkey for NL. A game where I have to fold my QQ vs. a bet on a AT2r flop is simply not my style. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] So that's when I decided to return to LHE and become good at it. And since I'm an action junkie, I chose the quickest game available. Which also means that I'm blatantly incompetent for anything micro-stakes and full-ring. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

So how's everyone else been doing?

And when's the next HULA? HARHARHAR!!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

BadBigBabar 11-27-2007 04:22 PM

FRRRIIITTTTOOOOOOOSSSS

also beating 100nl for 10bi over 6k hands = keep playing nl obv

fretelöo 11-27-2007 04:25 PM

NL is teh http://www.gugk.de/publikationen/ges...schnarchen.jpg

[img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

BadBigBabar 11-27-2007 04:27 PM

$ = teh win

also if you want $ + fun you should try 6m nl, ducy?

fretelöo 11-27-2007 04:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
also if you want $ + fun you should try 6m nl, ducy?

[/ QUOTE ]

ZOMFG you actually assumed I even contemplated playing FR NL?!? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

But seriously. If I can keep my winrate at where it currently is, I'm making the same as in 100NL and it's lots more fun. Fun/action isn't a function of # of tables. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] Also, it's a lot easier to beat the tar outta some clueless dude at 5/10 rather than trying to get some loose-passive station to fold his bottom pair in a $10 (lol?) pot at NL.

kerowo 11-27-2007 06:35 PM

Please for a mod to be putting this youtube inline:
http://www.youtube.com/v/3pmZANQJyZk
So everyone can find out what you get when you combine Jack Boyer (or whatever, the guy from 24) and lolwalrus. Kthxbai.

OziBattler 11-27-2007 07:27 PM

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3pmZANQJyZk"/>

Brain 11-27-2007 08:14 PM

Z
O
M
G
!

Aaron W. 11-27-2007 08:25 PM

Re: Don\'t come home until u is sobern! (NC Thread)

My only nomination this time around:

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What's with the influx of people whose ID is a name followed by capital letters? DavidSRT, LukeSLTS, HermannTL, MattHH... am I getting leveled?

[/ QUOTE ]

Like AaronW? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm different. I have a period. (Hmmmmm... early NC nom? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img])

[/ QUOTE ]

00Snitch 11-27-2007 09:47 PM

has anyone got any pot-limit hold'em experience? i mentioned that i played a game last night (and got pwnd), but i think it's a super juicy game.

it's $300 buy-in and $5 big-blind. the players are generally heaps laggy and are often playing for stacks, which I guess are only moderate size at 60bb.

you will often have a $15-$25 preflop raised called in multiple spots and pots are regularly $60-$100, 4 or 5 handed on the flop.

this seems to make big off-suits hard to play (especially OOP) as you will often find yourself going to the flop 4 ways in a big pot with a top pair or UI OCs. I just don't think I can get raise preflop with AK, and c-bet like $60 into a $60-$75 pot, UI into 3-4 opponents. I think i will only do this with a max of two oppenents as a default rule.

i think open limping mid pairs like 77 is better than open raising. if you open raise them for $15-$20, someone will often come back over the top for the pot and leave you isolated oop. if you only limp them, its harder for someone behind to raise you for such a big bet. i think i will open limp them ep and open raise them lp. maybe raise them after 1 limper. after 1 limper i can raise to $30 total which might get me HU with the limper, although this will really depend on the players behind me. maybe overlimp after two or more calls.

i think i have to play lots of SCs too.

i think this game is going to be high varriance...

Aaron W. 11-27-2007 09:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you will often have a $15-$25 preflop raised called in multiple spots and pots are regularly $60-$100, 4 or 5 handed on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

From this alone, it seems to me that you're playing for hands that you'll be willing to push on the flop. I'd play pretty rocky and not play the implied odds hands unless you're getting them 4 or 5 handed for a $30 pot and in position.

tiltaholic 11-27-2007 11:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
all,

my instructor "candidate" called me back just now, some 23 hours after his first time returning my call. luckily i was prepared for him to be a retard so the first question i asked him was, "do you live in Las Vegas?"

"uh, no. i live in vancouver, b.c."

"so why are you applying for a job that's in las vegas?"

"i didn't realize it was in las vegas."

"hmmm. so what did you think it meant when it said 'Las Vegas/Reno' next to the phone number you called?"

"i didn't realize that. i'm interested in starting a program in vancouver."

"ok, welll, here is my boss's phone number. good luck with that. click."

so how does everyone feel about hiring this guy now? how do you feel about setting him up to start a program in a brand new city in a different country?

[/ QUOTE ]

awesome. i thought it couldn't get any better. it has.

00Snitch 11-27-2007 11:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I'd play pretty rocky and not play the implied odds hands unless you're getting them 4 or 5 handed for a $30 pot and in position

[/ QUOTE ]

Hrmmm, fair point. So you think just muck the mid-pairs and SCs up-front?

what do i do in a case like this...

i'm playing with $250, utg open limps, i make it $20 with AKo. one guy calls the $20 and the blinds call. we go to the flop 5 ways for $100. i've got $230.

flop is kind of in the zone, but not all that co-ordinated, like J95 rainbow. checked to me. i think i have to check this. yes? I know guys will call say a $80 bet with bad odds on gutshots etc, but they will also call with weak pairs. betting here will leave me with $150 and if i get called by even one guy i'm looking at a $260 pot with only $150 behind on the turn and feeling quite committed. so checking the flop would have been a better play imo.

Aaron W. 11-28-2007 01:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I'd play pretty rocky and not play the implied odds hands unless you're getting them 4 or 5 handed for a $30 pot and in position

[/ QUOTE ]

Hrmmm, fair point. So you think just muck the mid-pairs and SCs up-front?

[/ QUOTE ]

If it's often getting raised, then yes.

[ QUOTE ]
what do i do in a case like this...

i'm playing with $250, utg open limps, i make it $20 with AKo. one guy calls the $20 and the blinds call. we go to the flop 5 ways for $100. i've got $230.

flop is kind of in the zone, but not all that co-ordinated, like J95 rainbow. checked to me. i think i have to check this. yes? I know guys will call say a $80 bet with bad odds on gutshots etc, but they will also call with weak pairs. betting here will leave me with $150 and if i get called by even one guy i'm looking at a $260 pot with only $150 behind on the turn and feeling quite committed. so checking the flop would have been a better play imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd check it. You don't likely have the best hand at this point, and any reasonable bet is going to put half your money in with ace-high.

00Snitch 11-28-2007 01:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I'd check it. You don't likely have the best hand at this point, and any reasonable bet is going to put half your money in with ace-high

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool, thats what I was thinking.

How about something like this...

Hero is MP+something with about $220.

UTG+1 is Crazy. He's played pretty much every hand I think, and raises lots. He has a big stack, looks like at least $600 (of course the crazy has the big stack [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]). I've seen him calling down big bets with weak draws and weak made hands. obv he has been hitting them to get his stack up.

UTG limps, crazy raises 20, folded to hero who raises $80 with AJs, folded to crazy who calls.

Flop ($170): 789. Two-tone with one of my suit.
Crazy checks...

Now that I've got to here, it looks like a clear shove, despite the fact I'm almost certain to get called.

On reflection, should I have just called preflop and waited for a better spot to get my money in. Despite crazy raising a wide range. Because my stack is pretty short, my preflop raise has pretty much means that all my chips are going in on the flop if it's checked to me.

If I called preflop, I can still get away from it.

I don't think I can fold preflop because this guy is just to crazy.

fwiw, crazy cashed out after another hour or so with nearly nothing ldo [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Aaron W. 11-28-2007 01:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
On reflection, should I have just called preflop and waited for a better spot to get my money in. Despite crazy raising a wide range. Because my stack is pretty short, my preflop raise has pretty much means that all my chips are going in on the flop if it's checked to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, you're definitely pushing as played. I don't know how good of a call preflop is. You're putting in 10% of your stack and you're almost certainly playing fit-or-fold postflop (unless you intend to raise crazy's inevitable flop bet with air sometimes). You'd have to ask a NL player about that sort of decision. I don't know where a good cutoff is, even though I've read PNL and the section on SPRs and commitment and all that stuff.

00Snitch 11-28-2007 02:15 AM

Yer cool, thanks for the C in the NC thread Aaron [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

I might go ask some C questions over in the NL NC thread now.

[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]