Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   Guitar Hero III (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=523244)

vulturesrow 11-27-2007 12:40 AM

Re: Guitar Hero III

[ QUOTE ]
personally I'm just amazed he can hit the GYO chord..

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually thought the exact same thing.

MuresanForMVP 11-27-2007 02:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm 3-1 on Xbox Live right now, pro-faceoff expert. I have yet to be beaten, or even have someone come close to me on Number of the Beast. My best is like 540k now. There was one game where I got gheyed, I chose Number of the Beast, killed him, lost a close one on Cliffs of Dover, then he got the coinflip and chose TTFAF, which I have basically never played. I lost by like 30k, but it was enough.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really suck at # of the Beast. I cant get the alt-strumming rhythm down while fretting

Nicholasp27 11-27-2007 10:13 AM

tier 7 is kicking my ass on hard

i beat cliffs of dover/one on 1st try/2nd try at friend's a few weeks ago, but i can't get past tier 7 songs besides disturbed to get to tier 8

knights tilts me because i kick it's ass for the first half then i suddenly just die from green to red in like 1.4243 seconds at some point

notontilt09 11-27-2007 03:26 PM

you might be going too fast on the OGR pull-offs in KoC... it's a really rhytmic part and is pretty easy to hit it all once you get in the rhythm...

Try using fingers 4-1-1 for the ORG, 3-1-1 for the BRG, and 2-1-1 for the YRG

Zimmer4141 11-27-2007 04:54 PM

It's kinda weird for me to see 4-1-1 for Pinky-index-index. I grew up playing piano, so thumb was always 1 and it went up from there. I still use that notation like 5-2-2 when I talk about certain fingering patterns.

vulturesrow 11-28-2007 12:45 PM

Since I dont feel like dealing with the pain of Tier 7 on hard yet, my new goal is to improve my scores on all the earlier songs and also Id like to at least FC one song. What are your thoughts on the easiest song to FC on Hard. I've been working on Slow Ride, are there any that might be a bit easier?

J-P 11-28-2007 01:05 PM

try mississippi queen or the song closer on the bonus tracks

MasterShakeJr 11-28-2007 01:07 PM

The only song I 5*d on my first try on hard was Paranoid, but I might have been lucky. The easiest song so far on hard would be Bulls On Parade if I had to guess.

fiskebent 11-28-2007 01:14 PM

I've only FC'd a single song on hard: Closer.

thesilkworm 11-28-2007 01:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Since I dont feel like dealing with the pain of Tier 7 on hard yet, my new goal is to improve my scores on all the earlier songs and also Id like to at least FC one song. What are your thoughts on the easiest song to FC on Hard. I've been working on Slow Ride, are there any that might be a bit easier?

[/ QUOTE ]

I got 99% on "Even Flow" at one of my first attempts on hard - it's the only time I've come close, but then I've not really attempted to get great scores on the earlier songs.

Also, this is probably more down to the fact that I know the song well.

Jack of Arcades 11-28-2007 02:53 PM

Definitely Bulls on Parade

kkcountry 11-28-2007 03:17 PM

what was the easiest song to fc on GHII? i remember FC'ing elephant bones, and i suck at GH

edit: on hard

iamawesomer 11-28-2007 03:27 PM

Definitely Heart Shaped Box

chuckleslovakian 11-28-2007 03:38 PM

I believe Strutter was considered the easiest hard FC with Heart Shaped Box next

Jack of Arcades 11-28-2007 04:00 PM

I totally passed the Disturbed song on Hard. I'm up to 82% on Knights of Cydonia.

gusmahler 11-28-2007 08:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I believe Strutter was considered the easiest hard FC with Heart Shaped Box next

[/ QUOTE ]

For 360, Possum Kingdom is up there as well.

Here's a thread ranking the GH2 hard songs:
http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6414

Similar thread for GH3:
http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewt...ight=breakdown

Sooga 11-28-2007 08:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
try mississippi queen or the song closer on the bonus tracks

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT... I'm not that great (I can only *** 3 of the 4 tier 8 hard tracks, and I can't pass raining blood), and the only hard songs I can FC are mississippi queen and closer.

Ghazban 11-28-2007 09:07 PM

Yay, finally 5-starred everything on Hard (well, the main songs anyway, not the bonuses)... too bad I still can't even get through Raining Blood and One on Expert [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

gusmahler 11-29-2007 01:49 AM

Inspired by notontilt's post asking for all comers:

How much variance is there among the top players? I guess GT1T is probably the best person to answer this: Obviously, against pretty much anyone on this board, GT1T would clean up rather easily. But how would he do against that 9 year old, Beberle2. Beberle has slightly higher scores on Scorehero, but how does that translate to a 1-on-1 matchup?

GetThere1Time 11-29-2007 02:12 AM

beberle would destroy me on the tougher songs. I might have a slight edge against tougher players on easier songs if they arent good squeezers and I can nail a few in a pinch, but basically if he picked TTFAF, DWDTG, Cult of Personality, it's gg. My strategy against someone better than me would be to pick songs that are rarely played where I can put the knowledge of a good path to use. Any paths that require a lot of finesse like not whammying or activating in the middle of a phrase. That way he overlaps SP if he tries to activate when I do.

gusmahler 11-29-2007 02:20 AM

What would your strategy be against an unknown, (or a person you know you are better than)?

GetThere1Time 11-29-2007 02:28 AM

I would probably pick something that I can crush them on but wont kill my hand in the process. A lot of random guys will pick ttfaf or dwdtg and I dont want to break my hand or deter them from picking a song I'm def gonna win at. Some favs for this scenario are Pride and Joy, Before I Forget, Mauvais Garcon, Slash Battle, and Take This Life.

MuresanForMVP 11-29-2007 02:56 AM

Brad:beat a kid in battle at Raining Blood when he was on Medium. What a douche I'm playing 2 levels above him and he picks two Tier 8 songs

dmk 11-29-2007 03:38 PM

not sure if anyone saw this, but jordan almost FCed by HellAshes, -9/99%

http://youtube.com/watch?v=LtvkA8H5a7w&feature=user

gusmahler 11-29-2007 04:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
not sure if anyone saw this, but jordan almost FCed by HellAshes, -9/99%

http://youtube.com/watch?v=LtvkA8H5a7w&feature=user

[/ QUOTE ]

He also has a -1 run, but unfortunately not on video.

notontilt09 11-29-2007 05:47 PM

finally put up my first 600k+ score today...

after getting 598 and 599k on The Pretender (both FC runs) and then getting 599k and 599.5k on TTFAF, everything came together for a 632k run on TTFAF.

Now my hand hurts

Jack of Arcades 11-29-2007 07:15 PM

brag: made it to tier 8 today on hard
brag: beat cliffs of dover
beat: I will never, ever beat one.

vulturesrow 11-29-2007 07:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you beat all the Tier 7 songs?

Sooga 11-29-2007 07:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm, you're basically me 1 week ago. I was at your exact same situation and had the same thoughts. I think the easiest way to pass one is to save up all your starpower until you get to the solo part with the triplets and use it then. That's the only way I passed it.

Jack of Arcades 11-29-2007 08:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you beat all the Tier 7 songs?

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah.

I think I'll pass tier 8 eventually but whatever.

ryguy2fly 11-29-2007 09:08 PM

one expert song left to 5*, fkn raining blood

notontilt09 11-29-2007 09:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
one expert song left to 5*, fkn raining blood

[/ QUOTE ]

you've 5*'ed TTFAF and DWDTG but not RB????

i assume you just mean main setlist...

learn the weird rhythm part after mosh 1, if you can hit that, you can be at about 220k going into the solo, with 5* at just below 230k

ryguy2fly 11-29-2007 10:50 PM

yes main setlist, I have that part down its just keeping it up, i always mis-strum somewhere

bakku 11-30-2007 04:48 AM

having trouble with tier 7 on hard but haven't had a chance to try the songs recently because my parents are obsessed with guitar hero and borrowed my wii

bottomset 11-30-2007 05:10 AM

god I still can't do the really fast strum parts and it pisses me off

Ginge 11-30-2007 09:54 AM

I've got through all the tier 8 songs on Hard except Raining Blood and I don't think i'll ever be able to do it. Can't get past the Mosh 1 section

dmk 11-30-2007 10:05 AM

ok, so i'm on tier 7 of expert and tier 8 of hard

i was able to do knights of cydonia on expert 1st try

"the metal" is really fun to play on expert imo. it took me a couple tries to get it, but its quite enjoyable

Jack of Arcades 11-30-2007 10:58 AM

OK, starpower last like two seconds One on hard. not gonna happen imo

MasterShakeJr 11-30-2007 11:44 AM

Some of these songs I'd never have listened to in a million years and they're really starting to grow on me. I made a 'guitar hero' playlist on itunes and downloaded all of the songs I didn't already have. It's all I really listen to in my car now. Among my favorites are TTFAF, Before I Forget, Holiday in Cambodia, Miss Murder and (ashamedly) The Metal.

Duke 11-30-2007 01:57 PM

Guitar Zero

Ever since I got to tier 6 I can no longer pass songs on the first try, and Pride and Joy is destroying my fingers and spirit. I've only 4 starred 1 song on hard (I basically skipped easy and medium to get the 5th fret in there).

I'm currently in the process of changing the way that I type, and I feel like this is actually helping that out a little. I can now move my left hand's fingers independently instead of having the pinky follow the ring wherever it may lead.

Both of my hands hurt like hell, but I think it's because I'm using fingers that I never realized that I had.

Hopefully within the next few days it'll all just click for me so I can just beat this damn thing.

Oh, and SRV can go [censored] himself.