Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   College Football Week 13 (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=553019)

Dudd 11-25-2007 01:50 AM

Re: College Football Week 13

Just because no one other than ND/Stanford fans and weird masochists were watching their game today, here is a pretty sweet hail mary lateral runback at the end of the first half. Sadly, it was called back not due to a block but because one of our lineman hit one of their lineman on the ground after the ball had been thrown, but it's still pretty cool.

Laterals!

jalexand42 11-25-2007 01:55 AM

Refs helped KU keep the game close. We win by alot more points without a bunch of [censored] calls.

GG Kansas, get ready oklahomaaaaaaaa.....

wholarry 11-25-2007 01:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
you can onside kick the free kick, it's not actually over and stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah I was wondering this. guess not?

edit: Wikipedia seems to indicate that you can onside kick any free kick, but it doesn't specifically mention college football. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

from this

Question: After a safety, the kicking team has the option to punt or kick the ball. Why can't the kicking team do an on-side punt, recovering the ball after it travels 10 yards?
Answer: NCAA & NFHS: Any free kick, including a punt following a safety, may be recovered by the kicking team after it has traveled 10 yds or been touched by a receiver.

so was mangino not aware of this option? also, did he use a tee to kickoff? cause that is not allowed after a safety, you have to use a placeholder, which is presumably why teams normally punt after a safety. and if he wasn't aware that you can onside kick, why did he kickoff instead of the usual punt after a safety. the whole thing confused me.

eviljeff 11-25-2007 02:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Just because no one other than ND/Stanford fans and weird masochists were watching their game today, here is a pretty sweet hail mary lateral runback at the end of the first half. Sadly, it was called back not due to a block but because one of our lineman hit one of their lineman on the ground after the ball had been thrown, but it's still pretty cool.

Laterals!

[/ QUOTE ]

"they don't like this kind of thing at Stanford" LOL

BigSoonerFan 11-25-2007 02:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I gained alot of respect for both these teams today. To me, they both looked better than LSU did yesterday and Chase Daniel should have a legitimate shot at a heisman

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm not real sure what game you were watching but kansas were awful and missouri only beat an awful team by 6.

[/ QUOTE ]

No bias there.

iggymcfly 11-25-2007 02:44 AM

Yeah, that seems off to me too. I thought that Kansas and Missouri put out a very well-played game and I was impressed with how well both teams executed. There were very few dropped balls or turnovers, and there weren't a lot of missed assignments either. Kansas just didn't quite have the speed in the secondary to keep up with Missouri's playmakers and they lost.

THEOSU 11-25-2007 12:07 PM

wait,

you guys really think kansas played well? they couldn't tackle anybody. they couldn't cover anybody. chase daniel completed 40 of 49 passes. forty. of forty nine. 81%. they forced no turnovers. they sacked daniel once. one time!

so no, kansas really didnt' play very well at all. and trust me, i'm unbiased because all i wanted was a damn good game to watch.

pirateboy 11-25-2007 01:51 PM

Missouri was clearly better than Kansas, but the Tigers didn't win by more because they committed like 10 more penalties than KU.

soah 11-25-2007 02:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Missouri was clearly better than Kansas, but the Tigers didn't win by more because they got called for like 10 more penalties than KU.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dudd 11-25-2007 08:14 PM

One final bump to honor the most incompetent people in the world, Pac-10 replay officials.

Lol Pactenaments

iggymcfly 11-25-2007 08:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Missouri was clearly better than Kansas, but the Tigers didn't win by more because they committed like 10 more penalties than KU.

[/ QUOTE ]

You really think that the penalties constituted more luck than the 2 missed FGs for Kansas and the 2-0 turnover edge enjoyed by Mizzou? I think that Missouri was the better team, but I don't think you can say that they "should have" won by more than they did, if anything it should have been less.

BigPoppa 11-25-2007 10:26 PM

UT was 3 field goals away from not even going to a bowl game (SC, Vandy, UK), but they've somehow luckboxed their way into the SEC Championship game.

That is all.

pirateboy 11-25-2007 10:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You really think that the penalties constituted more luck than the 2 missed FGs for Kansas and the 2-0 turnover edge enjoyed by Mizzou? I think that Missouri was the better team, but I don't think you can say that they "should have" won by more than they did, if anything it should have been less.

[/ QUOTE ]

The penalties were worth 140 yards, so yeah, I think that's a huge difference.

jalexand42 11-26-2007 12:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The penalties were worth 140 yards, so yeah, I think that's a huge difference.

[/ QUOTE ]

Also, they sustained critical KU drives and stalled drives that would have gave MU more points. The refs had a huge impact on the final score here, more than the missed field goals for sure.

pvn 11-26-2007 02:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
UT was 3 field goals away from not even going to a bowl game (SC, Vandy, UK), but they've somehow luckboxed their way into the SEC Championship game.

That is all.

[/ QUOTE ]

This happens a lot in the SEC east.