Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Ultimate Bet Owes Me 20k (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=274026)

Statutory 12-09-2006 08:52 PM

Re: Ultimate Bet Owes Me 20k

Sniper is Wrong.

Shake is Right.

It is beyond me how people make this mistake.

Sniper 12-09-2006 10:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sniper is Wrong.

Shake is Right.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly what am I "wrong" about?

nation 12-09-2006 10:27 PM

shake,

it was quick reply

Victor 12-09-2006 10:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Sniper is Wrong.

Shake is Right.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

that you think if everyone is a fish all the money goes to the house. being a fish is relative and no matter how bad players are there will always be a scale of relatively better players in which case the relative sharks will always make money.

this was needlessly wordy and confusing but realize that there will always be players better than average that make money.

unless everyone is of even ability (all fish or all expert) money will leave the system.

edit to add that i would be surprised if sites havent realized this and realized the futility of trying to create a situation where everyone is equal in skill.

5thStreetHog 12-09-2006 10:50 PM

In fairness to Sniper,he actually wasnt stating his opinion,rather just responding to my post and explaining the general theory i think.At least thats the impression i got.

Sniper 12-09-2006 10:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Sniper is Wrong.

Shake is Right.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

that you think if everyone is a fish all the money goes to the house. being a fish is relative and no matter how bad players are there will always be a scale of relatively better players in which case the relative sharks will always make money.

this was needlessly wordy and confusing but realize that there will always be players better than average that make money.

unless everyone is of even ability (all fish or all expert) money will leave the system.

edit to add that i would be surprised if sites havent realized this and realized the futility of trying to create a situation where everyone is equal in skill.

[/ QUOTE ]

First, I was merely noting statements put forth by analysts, for whatever they are worth [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Second... If you took out the top 2% of players, the EV would be more evenly dstributed, and less money would leave the site overall... run the math [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

dogmeat 12-09-2006 11:20 PM

First, I was merely noting statements put forth by analysts, for whatever they are worth [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Second... If you took out the top 2% of players, the EV would be more evenly dstributed, and less money would leave the site overall... run the math [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you take out the top 2% then the next best 2% become the top 2%. Run your own math.

Dogmeat [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Sniper 12-10-2006 02:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you take out the top 2% then the next best 2% become the top 2%. Run your own math.

Dogmeat [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dogmeat, so you expect that the 2nd top 2% would have a win rate equal to their own prior to cutting off the top 2% + the original top 2%'s win rate?

Keep in mind, 2% is a fairly large number in the grand scheme of things... and likely includes ALL winning 2+2ers [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

flight2q 12-10-2006 03:08 AM

Sniper, remove the bottom 2%. Again a slight compression in skill level. It must be good for the sites to run off the fish.

Sniper 12-10-2006 09:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sniper, remove the bottom 2%. Again a slight compression in skill level. It must be good for the sites to run off the fish.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, the bottom 2%, never takes any money off the site...