Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   ***SSNL LIFE THREAD [OCT]*** (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=512453)

Wolfram 10-31-2007 05:19 AM

Re: ***SSNL LIFE THREAD [OCT]***

[ QUOTE ]
Eating sushi with your hands in America will probably cause yuppie types to look at you as if you're uncultured, but from what I understand it's completely standard in Japan.

[/ QUOTE ]
I've heard this too but at the places I went to everybody used chopsticks.

[ QUOTE ]

Someone like kil can confirm, but I also hear that in Japan at a nice place, a sushi chef might be offended if you put wasabi in your soy sauce. It's supposed to be the equivalent of putting salt and pepper in your ketchup (I do both though so what it do).

[/ QUOTE ]
Mixing the soy sauce with wasabi in a little dish is standard in japan. I think what you're referring to is putting more wasabi on the fish itself, cause that will usually kill the taste of the fish. The chef is supposed to put exactly the right amount on the sushi piece when he serves it.

Keyser. 10-31-2007 05:22 AM

yeah, that sounds right (the putting wasabi on the fish itself thing)

Wolfram 10-31-2007 05:24 AM

Argh, I'm stuck on that damn quiz at questino 66 (The end of the world). I need help.

And how long is this damned thing anyways?

shpanko 10-31-2007 05:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Argh, I'm stuck on that damn quiz at questino 66 (The end of the world). I need help.

And how long is this damned thing anyways?

[/ QUOTE ]

Same thing here, i've gotten there and failed like 6 times now, argh so frustrating.

Keyser. 10-31-2007 06:47 AM

I might be alone in thinking this is funny, but type "fat kid falls down" into the search bar on youtube. lol this is like hours of entertainment. The best part is when they fall down.

kolotoure 10-31-2007 06:59 AM

I'm thinking of moving, any suggestions where I should go?

kabouter 10-31-2007 07:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I've always dreamed of going to Mexico, and eat burito's all day.

TheChad 10-31-2007 07:05 AM

After the Buenos Aires thread, I would consider there. Else, I've been thinking of Austria/South Germany (heritage).

Sciolist 10-31-2007 07:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
why can't I buy Beatles songs on iTunes? God I just want to hear that song "Michelle, my belle" and it's not on iTunes nor is any Beatles, wtf!?!

[/ QUOTE ]
Record label dispute - the Beatles had/have a label called Apple. I heard it was resolved, but perhaps it will take a while for their records to appear on itunes.

flyfishingnut10 10-31-2007 09:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's really cool that you can just..say this.