Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MTT Community (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Official Sunday Million 11/11 (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=543743)

BrandiFan 11-13-2007 11:00 AM

Re: Official Sunday Million 11/11

[ QUOTE ]
except for preflop, the flop and the river

[/ QUOTE ]my bad, you're right... You should find him at the cash tables, Tony Pisser on ftp, I'm sure you will crush him since he plays so badly.

Highn 11-13-2007 11:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
except for preflop, the flop and the river

[/ QUOTE ]my bad, you're right... You should find him at the cash tables, Tony Pisser on ftp, I'm sure you will crush him since he plays so badly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ontario_Tory 11-13-2007 12:15 PM

I gotta say - I don't particularly hate anybody's play in that hand.

Well - maybe the A3 guy. But even him, calling the raise in position to try and hit the straight... Not that disgusting.

Street by street:

PF: a couple of early limpers with weak hands - not smart, but not tragic at this level. Nath has good odds to limp. Fine.

Flop: Dry flop for all - checks around. Not the end of the world.

Turn: A guy with middle pair early minbets. I don't like the play, but not the end of the world. Guy with a gutshot calls. W/E. Nath has top pair, raises sensing weakness. Called by middle pair - mistake, I think, but I've seen much worse. Gutshot has semi-decent odds, and calls. Prob a mistake, but again, I've seen worse.

River: Agent has trips on a scary board (flush & straight possibilities). He checks. Jimbo missed his straight, he checks. Nath has top pair on a scary board - he checks. None of these are brutally good or brutally bad plays.

Not saying that it's a particularly GOOD hand for anybody, but I think there are much better examples of people being tards in tourneys.

So I don't get:

a) why Nath used this particular hand as an example of the incredible stupidity of the people at his table

b) why this upset (o_0) so much

c) why BrandiFan cares...

Just my $0.02...

OT

BrandiFan 11-13-2007 12:18 PM

I care cause this guy has spent half his posts flaming me and players I respect (Nath and Gobbo)

Dunkman 11-13-2007 12:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I care cause this guy has spent half his posts flaming me and players I respect (Nath and Gobbo)

[/ QUOTE ]

It's almost certainly a gimmick account.

BrandiFan 11-13-2007 12:28 PM

figured that was possible, that's why I didn't bother explaining myself

(o_0) 11-13-2007 02:28 PM

hehe, Ontorio got it right, I maybe was a little harsh on nath but to call the rest of the fields tards and then show a hand he butchered makes zero sense to me

Ontario_Tory 11-13-2007 02:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hehe, Ontorio got it right, I maybe was a little harsh on nath but to call the rest of the fields tards and then show a hand he butchered makes zero sense to me

[/ QUOTE ]

Gonna regret this post before I even hit send...

You don't get it, obviously... My point is that NOBODY butchered the hand. Not Nath, not the other guys. If anything, Nath played it fine and the other guys made (somewhat small) mistakes. My point is that I don't think the mistakes made by the other guys were "Tard-Worthy".

But your reaction - that Nath was way wrong on the hand - is 100% off base... (imo)

OT

(o_0) 11-13-2007 03:16 PM

ok, ok, I will concede this time. Nath made less mistakes than the other guy who DOES NOT deserve the 'retard' tag.