Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MTT Strategy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Play though a hand with me here.... (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=53887)

jmill2511 08-29-2007 11:06 PM

Re: Play though a hand with me here....

Pretty clear that you should bet here, probably around $2222ish for the optimal line.

uclabruinz 08-29-2007 11:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Pretty clear that you should bet here, probably around $2222ish for the optimal line.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol r u serious?

Sherman 08-29-2007 11:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol r u serious?

[/ QUOTE ]

Can we lock this thread already?

helter skelter 08-30-2007 07:01 PM

I've thought of posting a hand in this manner, because that is the way Harrington presents it. Sometimes I am unsure about decisions I have made on multiple streets.

But I think a time period of 2 days would be sufficient to get enough constructive responses. Stretching it out over 2 years only introduces a lot of noise.

I think I might be tempted to bet around 1/2 the pot here on the river. No-one seems to have shown any interest in it and I can't see someone slowplaying all 3 streets. You are getting 2-1 on your bluff and it's not a disaster if you get called.

Regarding the Sklansly comment you linked, I disagree with him. I think you should only be thinking about randomizing your play when you are playing against (or are going to be playing against) the same opponents over a long period of time.

Harrington gave a rule of thumb, something like your stack has to be more than 24 times the cost of entering the pot to play a speculative hand like a small pocket pair to make up for all the times it misses or you have to throw it away to a raise, etc. I don't remember, though, if he was talking about playing it from EP.

Your stack is over 40x the bet (as is the mini-raiser's), so calling is OK for a skilled player, but folding is OK too. I am not that skilled a player, so I would fold.

Flop and turn, I would check for reasons many others have stated, so I won't further comment on that.

Assani Fisher 10-02-2007 07:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]

$4000 buy in MTT

[/ QUOTE ]

Just curious, but why exactly is this in the small stakes forum? If this is small stakes, then whats it take to get in the high stakes forum???

Sherman 10-02-2007 10:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

$4000 buy in MTT

[/ QUOTE ]

Just curious, but why exactly is this in the small stakes forum? If this is small stakes, then whats it take to get in the high stakes forum???

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously. Give it up already. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Loxodonta 10-02-2007 09:43 PM

Wow, this thread is awesome! At this point I'd guess it checks around on the river, EP raiser turns up 3-3 while everyone else mucks with Hero kicking himself for never having taken a stab at it.

helter skelter 10-03-2007 12:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just a guess, but maybe the forum split since your original post in March 2006.

chrismystero 10-03-2007 01:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Just a guess, but maybe the forum split since your original post in March 2006.

[/ QUOTE ]
Correct.

OP, please stop seeking advice and opinions on this hand. Just say what happened on the river, who showed what, etc., etc. It's really not even that interesting of a hand. Definitely NOT2-years worthy.

[Phill] 10-30-2007 07:50 PM

So, what were the results of the hand?