Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   High Stakes Poker thread (9/24) (Spoilers in Thread to come?) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=508563)

phydaux 09-30-2007 06:43 AM

Re: High Stakes Poker thread (9/24) (Spoilers in Thread to come?)

[ QUOTE ]
Jennifer is so cute

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT

[/ QUOTE ]

Regulars in the Televised Poker forum know all about my peculiarities when it comes to woman poker players.

Give me three hours with Jenn. After I'm done with her, she'll start going to church again. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

jcl 09-30-2007 09:24 AM

Insurance (or any -EV play) is not of itself necessarily irrational or 'stupid'. However, for Phil at least, I highly doubt it is for anything other than extra TV time. Or maybe he simply likes the sense of winning. You either win the pot, or 'win' the insurance payout...sounds good right?

eMbAh 09-30-2007 10:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Insurance (or any -EV play) is not of itself necessarily irrational or 'stupid'. However, for Phil at least, I highly doubt it is for anything other than extra TV time. Or maybe he simply likes the sense of winning. You either win the pot, or 'win' the insurance payout...sounds good right?

[/ QUOTE ]

No if you're a pro this is terrible, if you have alot of buy-ins you are just giving away money

KSOT 09-30-2007 10:29 AM

You're forgetting how clueless Hellmuth is. Guy has been playing hold em for 20 years and still doesn't know basic hand percentages.

GSykes 09-30-2007 10:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You're forgetting how clueless Hellmuth is. Guy has been playing hold em for 20 years and still doesn't know basic hand percentages.

[/ QUOTE ]

What happens when your a live pro and you average about 2500 hands a year.

SickHands 09-30-2007 11:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You're forgetting how clueless Hellmuth is. Guy has been playing hold em for 20 years and still doesn't know basic math.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP. Remember kids, 65% to 45% gives you a whole extra ten percent of odds to work with.

Dima2000123 09-30-2007 01:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Any kind of insurance that's appropriately priced is stupid if you have sufficient bankroll to cover it without significantly hurting. I'm not just talking about poker insurance, I'm talking about any insurance.

BigSoonerFan 09-30-2007 09:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Any kind of insurance that's appropriately priced is stupid if you have sufficient bankroll to cover it without significantly hurting. I'm not just talking about poker insurance, I'm talking about any insurance.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT....makes him feel better I guess? I wish I had the roll to not have home owner's insurance..