Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MTT Community (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Lets make a list: Who got screwed by Party in the 1M tourney ? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=180381)

ChipFish 08-10-2006 12:27 AM

Re: Lets make a list: Who got screwed by Party in the 1M tourney ?

[ QUOTE ]
Kudos to Mike. Withdrew my money a couple days ago, playing there right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nicok7 08-10-2006 05:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Lloyd, can you please give a moderator in the STTF forum your secret line to Mike O'Malley - so that they can have him look into the SNG disappearing buttons problem?

[/ QUOTE ]

HesseJam 08-10-2006 08:08 AM

Never ceases to amaze me that a multi billion $ company can get away with operating so poorly and such an atrocious customer service that never fails at alienating its customers.

It reminds me of a local telephone company. The difference is that they don't face competition.

And lol about suzzer (suzzer: lolling about - not at you), a Poker Stars player, pleading to get the Party buttons issue ressolved quickly, so that the Party lemmings not get crazy ideas about leaving but stay where they are.

I completely stopped playing there 3 months ago, initially partly because i didn't want to put up with them anymore but also partly to have that 2 month hiatus to get "you know what". No amount of "you know what" would get me back. Well, maybe 200% of "you know what". Yes, they would have to pay me to play there again.

Puck Farty

sirio11 08-11-2006 07:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
sirio,
As someone else pointed out, your equity at the actual split was greater than your equity with 753 players remaining.
There were six players where this was not true, and those six I will deal with individually.
It was a bad situation, in a big tournament, that we did not handle efficiently. I apologize for that. Please send me an email and I will have a look at your situation to make sure you were taken care of.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, basically Mike told me, Party thinks, the last 252 players were overpaid. It does not matter what happened to them between the problems at 753 players and the time of the cancellation of the tournament.

_________

"Hi David,

The decision that was made with regards to this tournament was to re-cancel the tournament with 753 players. This was when the problems started, and had we done it right the first time, this is when the tournament would have been cancelled. By doing this we are basically saying that everything that happened after that point is null and void.
While I do understand that at some point you did have a higher equity, that higher equity was partially due to the disconnected players. Almost everyone that was able to play at some point after the problems started increased their equity because of the problems.
By re-cancelling the tournament with 753 players remaining we looked at what everyone would have gotten at that point. The 252 players that were already part of the cancellation all received more. We felt that was a premium paid to those players and didn’t feel they were entitled to more money."

When I asked him about the $15 fee, this was his answer:

_______

"Lastly, the $15 entry fee was paid back to all players as part of the cancellation policies. The 252 players were refunded that at the first cancellation and the 501 other players were refunded it in the second cancellation."
________

I just don't understand this part, maybe somebody can explain me, which part of the email I received from Party, talks about the $15 fee they gave us back according to Mike

[ QUOTE ]
$2,856.61 have been added into your account as per the following statement:

Tournament id: 780579 Name: Sunday Million Guaranteed
Buy-In: $215 (Fee Included) Total Players to start: 5363
Players at the time of cancellation: 252 Level at the time of cancellation: 14
Limit: No Limits Total Chips in play: 26827300

Total Buy-in collected = $1,072,600.00
Prize Money already given = $245,196.36
Total prize pool = $1,072,600.00 - $245,196.36 = $827,403.64
Minimum prize pool award = $750.82 * 252 = $189,206.64

Prize pool to be divided equally = ($827,403.64 - $189,206.64) / 2 = $319,098.50
Prize pool to be divided based on chip count = ($827,403.64 - $189,206.64) / 2 = $319,098.50

When the tournament was called off, you were seated at 'Table 1284108' and you had 69320 tournament chips.

Your share of the minimum prize pool award = $750.82
Your share in money equally divided = $319,098.50/252 = $1,266.26
Your share based on your chip count = $319,098.50 * (69320/26827300) = $824.53
Total money refunded = $2,856.61

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm done with this matter; I was not allowed to play because of a Party problem between 750 and 650 players, decreasing my chip stack; I was not allowed to play again between 400 and 250; decreasing my stack again; and somewhat I have to be grateful to Party because they gave me more money than I deserved [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
And the $15, it's not the amount, it's the principle, I just don't like to pay for a bad service.

uclabruinz 08-11-2006 10:02 AM

David, did you get more then you would have if the tournament was immediately cancelled when the problem occurred with 753 players left? If so, I don't see why you are upset.

Zinzan 08-11-2006 01:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
David, did you get more then you would have if the tournament was immediately cancelled when the problem occurred with 753 players left? If so, I don't see why you are upset.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a big sirio fan, but I agree. Any player that made it to the final 252 were unfairly overpaid. Some were unfairly overpaid more than others. Meh.

-Z

Enrique 08-11-2006 10:15 PM

His complaint is not on the amount of money he got, is on the fact that the tournament got cancelled.
First of all Party should return all of the rake to the players, because they charged for an inexistent tournament.

He complains that Party is talking as if sirio should be grateful because they gave him 2800 instead of 2000. He believes that he would earn more money (in the long run) if he would have been allowed to play (that is, no stupid Party Poker problems).

I might have misunderstood what he said, but form what I understand it wasn't ranting on how much he got paid but on how Party screwed up.