Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Puzzles and Other Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   LOTR: The Two Towers (GAME THREAD) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=347301)

Neil S 03-07-2007 09:51 PM

Re: LOTR: The Two Towers (GAME THREAD)

[ QUOTE ]
i really, really don't want to vote bram to save myself

[/ QUOTE ]If there's a one vote gap I'll vote fmx over you easy.

wdcbooks 03-07-2007 09:52 PM

Voting FMXDA is the worst of any of our options.

dmk 03-07-2007 09:52 PM

sup? i'm voting for durron right?

durron

k, cya later

VoraciousReader 03-07-2007 09:54 PM

You two broke the thread. A bunch of people wanted to kill one or the other of you just to shut you up. And I sympathize with that. There is nothing more hilarious as a wolf than watching two villagers go balls-out nuts on each other to the point where it derails all intelligent conversation.

Then what happens is that the village is confused and even if half of the villagers keep saying something like "gee, fmxda/thebram/amplify/mark is suspicious" they never get around to killing them because there is never any effort to build a consensus. Everyone just sits around and watches the gladiators yell at each other.

VoraciousReader 03-07-2007 09:59 PM

And it is ESPECIALLY the under the radar wolves that benefit from shouting matches. Nez asked what would be the perfect way to play a wolf in this game? The perfect way to play a wolf in this game is to stfu and not draw any attention to yourself.

Look who gets the heat? People who talk. Nobody really notices the ones who don't talk because they have 400 new posts to read of the whole gt/durron thing every time they open the thread.

How do you counter that? Kill the under the radar players. Kill the people that got their accusers seer-hunted. Which is what my list of "like to vote" and "willing to vote" was comprised of.

durron597 03-07-2007 10:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You two broke the thread. A bunch of people wanted to kill one or the other of you just to shut you up. And I sympathize with that. There is nothing more hilarious as a wolf than watching two villagers go balls-out nuts on each other to the point where it derails all intelligent conversation.

Then what happens is that the village is confused and even if half of the villagers keep saying something like "gee, fmxda/thebram/amplify/mark is suspicious" they never get around to killing them because there is never any effort to build a consensus. Everyone just sits around and watches the gladiators yell at each other.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm trying to fix that now but far too late

Zurvan 03-07-2007 10:02 PM

I'm going downstairs to watch LOST in a minute (woo PVR, no commercials for me). I hope durron is getting lynched when I get back.

For those of you that missed my good info earlier:

[ QUOTE ]

We want to talk about why aaron was killed last night? He has 16 posts in this thread. Monday, he said nothing about durron. Yesterday, he comes out firing for durron, and mentions him as wolfy a few times.

The only other definitive player statement he made was that fmxda was a better lynch than luckay.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mark_K 03-07-2007 10:04 PM

But wouldn't the seers usually nab the UTR's?

Voj 03-07-2007 10:04 PM

ok after some hard reading :

wolf list :
fmxda, vr ; kumu

wolfy to slightly wolfy (no particular order) :
durron (could really be a villager and if so that's really bad to play it this way) ; nez ; soah ; neil ; dmk ; mark

No reads on bram..

I'm like WTF? for my vote right now. I may change from durron to fmxda, vr or kumu..

GetThere1Time 03-07-2007 10:04 PM

Yeah I get it. It's distracting. What's that have to do with why YOU changed YOUR vote. You did type this like a page back, right?

[ QUOTE ]

I don't mind a switch, though, now that Durron and GT1T have retreated to neutral corners.

[/ QUOTE ]

Also you're all about analyzing the deaths

[ QUOTE ]

But in a game like this WOLVES ARE NOT FPSING THEIR KILLS. They need to get Gandalf as soon as possible.

[/ QUOTE ]

But you decide to vote Amplify based on chuck and ignore the AaronK-Durron connection that Zurv just pointed out. TBH I havent even taken that into account, but sure enough it's there. Exciting developments all around!