Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MOD DISCUSSION (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Post deleted by Mat Sklansky (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=222300)

Jasper109 10-01-2006 11:57 AM

Re: Ask Degen Anything About Living In Thailand

[ QUOTE ]
I agree with you about racism in Thailand.

Thais are, in general, very nationalist also and don't have much respect for any foreigner, american, german or whatever. You are just a guest here, not more ...

I think a lot of people get fooled by the "smiling" nature of thai people, the reality is that they have their dark sides too but it can be difficult to spot them for us, westerners.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like Koreans.

beats 10-01-2006 12:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sirrocco [censored] ROCKS! My favorite bar in Bangkok. Shhhhh, keep this place quiet!

Which pool hall is that? The old Brunswick zone on Soi nana?

[/ QUOTE ]

It is the "Ball in Hand" at the original location off of soi nana. Down nana about 500 meters on the right above/behind the 7-11.

Ball in Hand 2 is near the Asok BTS. Both have great tables and are the best pool halls in Bangkok. I liked the old Brunswick, too bad it closed. (that's what I heard at least)

beats 10-01-2006 12:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey beats,

Nice pad. Actually looks very similar to the one I had. I paid $1k a month but it was a 2br. Same wood floors and stuff and furniture built into the walls.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks man, where were you staying? Chaidee mansion? I thought I recognized something in a pic I saw on your blog. Some of the furnished apts I looked at were really cool but there would be one really wack thing that ruined it! One was nice, had stainless fridge, black granite counters in kitchen, modern style and then... a big ass stained glass divider between the bedroom and living room. WTF! It looked like the Church lady's house.

farang0 10-01-2006 12:22 PM

Last I saw they were renovating brunswick. Or maybe they were making it into a hotel and ditching the tables.

I usually play at 'The Factory' between soi 3-5. Gotta love the sexy little skirts they wear in there.

oddjob 10-01-2006 12:57 PM

i know someone mentioned something about dec – feb being the most bearable months, in terms of temperature. is it still hot? can you still enjoy beaches? what temps are we talking about?

is A/C pretty much everywhere you go in the major cities and islands?

during the rest of the year, does everyone just sweat?

beats 10-01-2006 01:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i know someone mentioned something about dec – feb being the most bearable months, in terms of temperature. is it still hot? can you still enjoy beaches? what temps are we talking about?

[/ QUOTE ]

It is pretty much always hot. It just gets really really hot in march-april. That coincides with the world's biggest waterfight (songkran festival) so that keeps the heat down for that week.

Today it is the rainy season and no rain today but it was probably around 88. Yesterday I golfed and it rained a bit in the morning but by afternoon it was over 90 degrees. In the hottest part of the year it is always over 90. Over 100 on some days. Yeah, you just go from A/C to A/C on those days or hangout in the pool.

A/C is pretty much everywhere in the city. On islands if you want a bungalow, you will pay more for one with A/C. Others probably have a fan, but I never stayed in the non A/C ones.

oddjob 10-01-2006 01:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It is pretty much always hot. It just gets really really hot in march-april. That coincides with the world's biggest waterfight (songkran festival) so that keeps the heat down for that week.

Today it is the rainy season and no rain today but it was probably around 88. Yesterday I golfed and it rained a bit in the morning but by afternoon it was over 90 degrees. In the hottest part of the year it is always over 90. Over 100 on some days. Yeah, you just go from A/C to A/C on those days or hangout in the pool.

A/C is pretty much everywhere in the city. On islands if you want a bungalow, you will pay more for one with A/C. Others probably have a fan, but I never stayed in the non A/C ones.

[/ QUOTE ]

what's the temperature during the cool seasons? comfortable at least?

grandgnu 10-01-2006 01:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

PS. This is one of the most convincing Katoeys I ever saw. Doing an impromptu striptease in front of the Coffee World on Sukumvit. Be careful out there boys...

http://img470.imageshack.us/img470/9614/img0225aom5.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG, I would've hit that!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

MikeNaked 10-01-2006 01:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

PS. This is one of the most convincing Katoeys I ever saw. Doing an impromptu striptease in front of the Coffee World on Sukumvit. Be careful out there boys...

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG, that would've hit you!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

10-01-2006 03:49 PM

Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

10-01-2006 03:55 PM

skier_5 10-01-2006 04:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Refuse all taxis that wont put the meter on. If you are insistant then they will turn it on.

It helps if you know a little thai. When they try that [censored] with me I put them in their place and tell them I know whats up and the meter either goes right on or I get in the next one.

[/ QUOTE ]

that pretty much sums it up lol

i've gotten out of many cabs cuz they wont turn on the meter

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know if this has been mentioned, but at the airport and at the bus station (if you take government buses) there is a line up specifically for taxi-meters that always turn on the meter.

xxThe_Lebowskixx 10-01-2006 04:17 PM

dont leave your hotel and get into the taxi/tuktuk sitting outside. just walk away a bit and flag when down.

break0ut 10-01-2006 05:00 PM

great thread guys I just spent about 2 1/2 hours reading this whole thing...adding Thailand to my list of to do after I graduate this Spring

Klompy 10-01-2006 06:34 PM

wait a minute, you're telling me this is a dude? Does it make me gay that even after I read that I continued checking her/him out?

10-01-2006 06:57 PM

KJS 10-01-2006 07:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Great picture. What are your other favorite spots in bangkok

[/ QUOTE ]

Ever go to the horseraces? There are 2 tracks, Royal Bangkok Sports Club and Royal Turf Club. Cabbies always know which one the races are that week. Pretty sure it alternates every Saturday. Might be at one of them on Saturday and the other on Sunday. The races are pretty certainly fixed but I always enjoyed going in Bangkok and Chiang Mai. In Chaing Mai, the best place to have kanoom jeeb was the track. Mmmmmm.

KJS

Lando 10-01-2006 07:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
wait a minute, you're telling me this is a dude? Does it make me gay that even after I read that I continued checking her/him out?

[/ QUOTE ]

i see normal looking guys walking around with those things constantly. i mean it isn't a guy now, that used to be a dude.

anybody who has gone out a significant amount in thailand has been attracted to one of those, started talking to it, only to realize he is talking to a former dude. it happens.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bad beat.

grandgnu 10-01-2006 08:35 PM

I think I'd still rather hit this former boy rather than some of the crater-faced broads you guys have been posting.

Hot chicks have been few and far between. I'll get you guys started

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k3.../thaichick.jpg

10-01-2006 08:37 PM

10-01-2006 08:43 PM

farang0 10-01-2006 08:57 PM

(edit) I will leave my answer out so we can see what others say.

- I used to watch the horse races from my balcony every sunday when I lived in BKK. Damn I miss that condo

iron81 10-01-2006 09:21 PM

I might be a homophobe, but these ladyboys pretty much preclude me from trying to bang anyone in Thailand.

farang0 10-01-2006 09:24 PM

the voice will usually give them away.

Klompy 10-01-2006 09:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I might be a homophobe, but these ladyboys pretty much preclude me from trying to bang anyone in Thailand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, this bothered me at first but then I thought about it. If I don't ever find out that it used to be a man does it really matter to me? I wouldn't ever do one of these ladyboys knowing that they're a ladyboy but if I don't find out what harm does it do?

Also, wouldn't you be able to tell that it's a ladyboy if you get a good look at the equipment?

farang0 10-01-2006 09:33 PM

^haha. That still makes you gay. Just cause you dont care enough to investiage the situation.

Why is everyone so worried about [censored] a ladyboy. Are you intentions to come to Thailand and take a bar girl home every night?

10-01-2006 10:29 PM

By-Tor 10-01-2006 10:44 PM

so far these two threads have made me happy that I am going to China and not Thailand.

farang0 10-01-2006 10:47 PM

Anybody ever visit the island of Koh Chang Lek (not the big Koh Chang) This one is on the phuket side. Very small and not so beautiful but very quiet and peaceful because its not in the guidebooks so not many people come.

I ended up staying there for over a month and had a great time. Its right next to Ranong

southerndog 10-01-2006 11:35 PM

Guys, don't forget that your penis size will increase its z-score by one.

10-01-2006 11:52 PM

farang0 10-02-2006 12:13 AM

Nice. Where is she located

farang0 10-02-2006 12:14 AM

I just setup a date with this chick:

xxThe_Lebowskixx 10-02-2006 01:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
so far these two threads have made me happy that I am going to China and not Thailand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Things are going to be sooo much different there...

xxThe_Lebowskixx 10-02-2006 01:20 AM

maybe KJS took home a ladyboy

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

xxThe_Lebowskixx 10-02-2006 01:21 AM

10/10

xxThe_Lebowskixx 10-02-2006 01:45 AM

when you guys got to thailand, was it strange for you that they didnt shave their legs? you cant tell from far away, but when you get close you see all these thin little hairs. god, i love thai girl legs. i want to be reincarnated as a university skirt.

farang0 10-02-2006 01:48 AM

hahahaha.

I think we need some pictures of university chicks

10-02-2006 01:51 AM

Klompy 10-02-2006 01:53 AM

so wait....they really dont shave their legs?