Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   ***uNL Microbrew Thread*** NOV 2007 (ot) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=535766)

wingchunflush 11-03-2007 12:27 PM

Re: ***uNL Microbrew Thread*** NOV 2007 (ot)

[ QUOTE ]
I know I am not supposed to fold KK PF, that what about folding AA preflop?

[/ QUOTE ]

There was a post once about a guy who folded AA preflop and two other guys were all in one had TT and the other had KK and he was talking about how good a lay down it was. I loled so hard in real life. The only time I could even consider folding AA preflop is in like a satellite or something and I am so short that ATC will have to call me and we are really close to the "money".

vixticator 11-03-2007 12:38 PM

I want to play either NLHE or LHE head's up without being crushed by rake, but I need like a 10k bankroll for that. Meh.

Mr_Pathetic 11-03-2007 12:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what # of posts is pooh-bah? i have a pretty good idea for a pb post, 'what the stats don't tell you.'

[/ QUOTE ]
Shhhhh, don't tell ppl this. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

vixticator 11-03-2007 12:49 PM

LOL I think I found a solution. Play head's up at 6 max tables before they fill up. i just raped two people like this. Folded to every c/r which I did basically every other hand. Bet, bet, bet and they fold river.

Spurious 11-03-2007 12:53 PM

i have trouble playing HU at 6max, i always lose, playing too agressive and losing to TPTK, which calls down [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
need to learn NLHE HU

vixticator 11-03-2007 01:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i have trouble playing HU at 6max, i always lose, playing too agressive and losing to TPTK, which calls down [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
need to learn NLHE HU

[/ QUOTE ]Play a lot of $10bi HU tournaments. The quality of players isn't very good, but not worthless. It really just depends who joins. Obviously. Standard opponent is super passive. Every 6 or so tournaments you'll run into a quality player to get good experience. Lose to a lot of bad ones just value towning yourself when they slowplay, or I do heh. Should help overall when you get HU in any pot, to some extent.

Spurious 11-03-2007 01:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Should help overall when you get HU in any pot, to some extent.

[/ QUOTE ]

what do you mean by that?

other than that:
are the HU games really that soft?
i guess i'll start playing them then.

how do you deal with those passive villains?
play lots of hands from the button and check/fold most hands in the BB and raise only the premium ones?

matrix 11-03-2007 01:25 PM

TPTK is teh nuts HU. The ONLY time playing 6max that play resembles HU is SBvBB when all the others fold and even then cos of 'bunching' it's not quite the same.

$10 HU tourneys are a good way to learn - but use sharkscope or similar and only sit with "good" players if you can.

The variance is big tho and you can expect to lose 4/10 even if you completely pwn everyone you play against.

vixticator 11-03-2007 01:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
how do you deal with those passive villains?
play lots of hands from the button and check/fold most hands in the BB and raise only the premium ones?

[/ QUOTE ]It's harder than it sounds when you get no hands, especially since it's a tournament and you can't reload. Don't auto c-bet when you raise. Mix it up, check behind when you hit sometimes (especially bottom pair type hand). But really depends on opponent. If they just always fold to c-bet and never adjust then it's fine to keep doing it.

Tight-passive players are annoying. Match generally takes a long [censored] time and they won't get it in light. You just have to value bet them down and play end game strategy when blinds get high. But, these players aren't too frequent. Mostly loose-passive or super loose-aggro players that stack off with bottom pair.

Most important to figure out what kind of opponent you are playing early and make broad generalizations about how they will play until you get more specific reads. If you just want to crush people play the $5 HU SNG. The avg opponent in those is significantly worse, maybe the easiest game online.

Spurious 11-03-2007 01:38 PM

i guess i'd start with those low HU games, since i am not much better than the average donk at those stages...

vixticator 11-03-2007 01:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
TPTK is teh nuts HU. The ONLY time playing 6max that play resembles HU is SBvBB when all the others fold and even then cos of 'bunching' it's not quite the same.

[/ QUOTE ]I think maybe against really wide button stealers when the sb folds it also can help. But, yeah, in general there isn't much similarity. Isn't going to help in MP vs Button situations or anything like that.

IMO is a good hand reading exercise since you start with a super wide range. Even though this rarely comes up 6max (starting with huge range instead of smallish) it's interesting to work on that.

wingchunflush 11-03-2007 01:44 PM

I used to play these at Tilt a long time ago, I did really well, The razz HU tournies on tilt are a cake walk, or they used to be.

C4LL4W4Y 11-03-2007 01:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
what # of posts is pooh-bah? i have a pretty good idea for a pb post, 'what the stats don't tell you.'

[/ QUOTE ]
Shhhhh, don't tell ppl this. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

haha, seriously though i think it's a good topic. i was going to do something on reviewing your game and talking to yourself while you play, but i've recently played a number of non-standard hands that contradicted my opponents' stats.

wingchunflush 11-03-2007 01:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]

$10 HU tourneys are a good way to learn - but use sharkscope or similar and only sit with "good" players if you can.

The variance is big tho and you can expect to lose 4/10 even if you completely pwn everyone you play against.

[/ QUOTE ]

sharkscope??? what is this and is it free?

Spurious 11-03-2007 01:48 PM

5 or 10 requests a day are free otherwise it costs money

sharkscope.com

wingchunflush 11-03-2007 01:50 PM

Damn my work internet firewall. I wish I could view Cr vids at work but cant. btw customers are ridicalous. I have taken so many calls that are stupid. I bought this 3 months ago and now its on sale can you adjust the price....WTF

LT22 11-03-2007 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Happy b day DAD

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Micro Donk 11-03-2007 03:52 PM

annette_15, who won the WSOPE ME, is HU with a huge CL for the EPT dublin title

so sick

wingchunflush 11-03-2007 03:54 PM

she will need all that money because she is ugggllllllyyyyyyyyyy lol

Micro Donk 11-03-2007 03:59 PM

i guess its america, anyone who doesnt look like a supermodel is ultra ugly...

but i dont think she is ugly at all.

wingchunflush 11-03-2007 04:02 PM

let me double check. You dont have to be a supermodel to be considered attractive IMO but she looks kind of cracked out to me

Mr_Pathetic 11-03-2007 04:02 PM

I'd hit it.......

Edit: Lost with a boat today to a rivered straight flush and didn't even tilt. I am still shocked at that. However I tried one bad bluff on the river and it tilted me some. I think my focus goes away after 1.5-2 hours. Guess I one of those who must take breaks often.

wingchunflush 11-03-2007 04:04 PM

only with the glasses on....and a few beers deep

Micro Donk 11-03-2007 04:04 PM

i dont think shes bad at all...

but she seems pretty normal, not like shes disfigured, like some people like to make it out to be (mostly at NVG)

Mr_Pathetic 11-03-2007 04:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
only with the glasses on....and a few beers deep

[/ QUOTE ]
I didn't say what i would hit it with... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

But in all seriousness she isn't that bad. People just hate a lot.

wingchunflush 11-03-2007 04:09 PM

hey she is loaded I am looking for a reason to hit it, Just cant find it

vixticator 11-03-2007 04:13 PM

Variance + me being a station = owned

I think I need to sleep, heh.

hennnerz 11-03-2007 04:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There was a post once about a guy who folded AA preflop and two other guys were all in one had TT and the other had KK and he was talking about how good a lay down it was. I loled so hard in real life. The only time I could even consider folding AA preflop is in like a satellite or something and I am so short that ATC will have to call me and we are really close to the "money".

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously in multiway pots with AA you may only be 40% favourite to win. Sometimes against some villains its best to get it in as 70/60% faves, which you could fold and wait for...

Berky 11-03-2007 04:21 PM

so after monkey tilting off 5 buyins all of this months profit. I made back like 3 buyins and now 6 left in a ftops event 1 sat, top 3 get a seat. 2nd in chips.

Micro Donk 11-03-2007 04:55 PM

annette ended up 2nd...still a decent showing

derosnec 11-03-2007 05:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously in multiway pots with AA you may only be 40% favourite to win. Sometimes against some villains its best to get it in as 70/60% faves, which you could fold and wait for...

[/ QUOTE ]

lol. funny. for a minute i thought u were serious.

wingchunflush 11-03-2007 05:11 PM

only 10 posts to go to old hand.... It tilts me when people spell favorite with a U and same for color, I know it an english thing still tilts me. When I read the hobbit when I was little I loled because I thought the guy was a moron for not being able to spell.

vixticator 11-03-2007 05:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
annette ended up 2nd...still a decent showing

[/ QUOTE ]First place loser imo.

wingchunflush 11-03-2007 05:13 PM

if your not first your last.

Gelford 11-03-2007 05:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Happy b day gelford!

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thx all [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Berky 11-03-2007 05:16 PM

Just shipped entry into the FTOPS Event #1 , 6max 200+15. Got in for 8 bucks IMO. 8+0.80 token sat. Then use token for 24+2 FTOPS event 1 sat

wingchunflush 11-03-2007 05:19 PM

good job man tourney is tonight?

ICMoney 11-03-2007 05:54 PM

Just got my pic taken. It only shows the top of my head though.

After pic in about 6 weeks when I'm not bald anymore.

So glamorous.

ICMoney 11-03-2007 05:56 PM

Anyone want to play a HU sng?
Like the cheapest one or something?

wingchunflush 11-03-2007 06:02 PM

I would play but stuck at work for 1.5 more hours