Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Absolutely heated about JC Tran situation at Foxwoods (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=541357)

holl@b4x 11-09-2007 06:38 AM

Re: Absolutely heated about JC Tran situation at Foxwoods

[ QUOTE ]
He CLEARLY mucks and then only wins the argument by lying. How on earth is this the correct ruling?

[/ QUOTE ]

No he doesn't, he wins the ruling because the rules of tournament poker are that all cards must be exposed in an all-in showdown. You cannot muck in a tournament all-in what is so hard to comprehend about that?? Yes the guy handled himself less than gracefully by saying he tried to flip his cards, but that has NO bearing on the situation, those are the rules and playing the hand out and awarding the pot to the donk IS in the spirit of the game.

Max Raker 11-09-2007 08:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have a couple questions. Maybe Lee Jones can answer them:

1)Why is the OP so irate over this situation involving players whose tourney buy-in dwarfs his bankroll? JC Tran wasn't exactly irate over the situation, so why should the OP? Killing "the integrity of the game". Are you serious??? The AP situation kills the integrity of the game. This at most [censored] on it. More of a crop-dusting really . . .

[/ QUOTE ]

How the hell is Lee Jones supposed to know the answer to this?

0524432 11-09-2007 09:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have a couple questions. Maybe Lee Jones can answer them:

1)Why is the OP so irate over this situation involving players whose tourney buy-in dwarfs his bankroll? JC Tran wasn't exactly irate over the situation, so why should the OP? Killing "the integrity of the game". Are you serious??? The AP situation kills the integrity of the game. This at most [censored] on it. More of a crop-dusting really . . .

[/ QUOTE ]

How the hell is Lee Jones supposed to know the answer to this?

[/ QUOTE ]

It was just one of the many pointless remarks....

canis582 11-09-2007 09:28 AM

Lets say both of his cards hit the ground? dead?

He threw his cards at the dealer, who turned them up, its not like he ate them or grabbed the stub and inserted them.

knifeandfork 11-09-2007 10:20 AM

so by now you know the ruling was correct in the tournament.
Im with you on your cash game story though, and i think if you had explained to the floor the one player to a hand rule, coupled with the fact that this player most likely would not have discovered on his own that he had a straight flush, thye may have gotten the ruling right. Also if you ask the player or the dealer when he first opened his hand showing much frustration if he had called he probably would have exclaimed "no!"at which point he would go on complete monkey tilt when someone pointed out the steel wheel too late to claim the pot though, or maybe gotten up and left in shame.

UATrewqaz 11-09-2007 04:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
correct ruling, what's the problem?

The all-in guy is a huge douchebag for his reaction afterwards, but last time I checked that's not against the rules.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this. Many people are being put off by what a huge douche the guy was afterwards, clearly lying about what he did.

There is no doubt he was trying to muck, but the ruling is correct. The rules state an all in player in a tournament can't muck and if his cards are available they must be turned over.

Totally correct ruling. You can't just randomly make exceptions to the rules because it "feels" it should be a different way.

rakewell 11-09-2007 06:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this dude at the bike always used to shove all in and immeadiately go outside for a smoke.. we were all freindly about it but i'm pretty sure if you were a nit or an angle shooter you could call the clock on him at showdown and get his hand killed.

[/ QUOTE ]

For two strange stories of players walking away from the table in the middle of a live hand, see:

http://pokergrump.blogspot.com/2007/...-hand-not.html

Note that I understand this is completely tangential to the origial topic here and has no relationship to the situation at the tournament in question. Just interesting stories to share.

Vegaas 11-09-2007 06:47 PM

The thing I noticed is that he didnt throw them towards the muck, he threw them towards the dealer and landed by the placecard, I did not see the muck anywhere in the camera shot.

goofyballer 11-09-2007 07:57 PM

Not sure if this has been asked, but what's the ruling if the dude ate his cards instead of throwing them in the muck? If the cards are deemed irretrievable, will this become a new angle for colluders?

Bill Bruce 11-09-2007 08:01 PM

I agree with Lee. One of the easiest rulings to make. Player all-n lets see all hands, best hand wins. There's not much to debate on whether this was the right ruling.