Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MOD DISCUSSION (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Post deleted by Mat Sklansky (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=222300)

southerndog 09-27-2006 11:44 PM

Re: Ask Degen Anything About Living In Thailand

My perspective is different from Bills. I married a Thai woman while I was in grad school, and we are here living in Chiang mai. So, I'm not after the baller lifestyle.

As I mentioned in another thread, I was electrocuted, or experienced electric shock, the other day while I was in my own shower. So, while things are cheap in thailand, you always have to keep some things in mind.. They're cutting corners where ever they can, and people aren't making sh*t for money. So, while I'm here, I'm pretty cautious, and when I'm out I usually throw people an extra buck or two, and that totally makes there day.

As far as my lifestyle goes, I live in a huge beautiful house in a great neighborhood. we paid cash for the house, I won't say how much, but let's just say i'm a sh*tty poker player ( a winning one, but i still suck),and I could still afford to do that. I have a woman in my neighborhood that delivers me food each day for about $1 each time, as well as a woman who comes to my house and gives me a massage for $2.50 an hour.

Yes, the women are absolutely beautiful, and its ez for any "farang" to score one.

If anyone would like to ask me questions in this thread feel free.

pokerraja 09-27-2006 11:50 PM

I don't think everyone is understanding a fundamental point here. I've never been to Thailand, I have however been to various other 3rd world countries. These people completely idolize Americans. All they see on TV is beautiful, rich, and happy Americans. For them to meet us (Americans)is almost like meeting a celebrity. I think this is what is happening to Degan in Thailand. It's not neccessarily that he is white, I think it is more so that he is 'American'. At least thats the way it was for me in India and Malaysia.

Jasper109 09-27-2006 11:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think everyone is understanding a fundamental point here. I've never been to Thailand, I have however been to various other 3rd world countries. These people completely idolize Americans. All they see on TV is beautiful, rich, and happy Americans. For them to meet us (Americans)is almost like meeting a celebrity. I think this is what is happening to Degan in Thailand. It's not neccessarily that he is white, I think it is more so that he is 'American'. At least thats the way it was for me in India and Malaysia.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL

multious 09-27-2006 11:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the good laugh

Bodhisattva 09-27-2006 11:54 PM

Degen,
Do you have some pics of your surrounding area, apartment, etc.?

pokerraja 09-28-2006 12:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol. I really felt that way. I got superstar treatment because I was an AMerican when I went to India and Malasia. Im not sure American are held in such a high pedestal as much anymore but we still are looked up to in many places.

pokerraja 09-28-2006 12:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I get the same treatment when I go to Edmonton.

09-28-2006 12:05 AM

Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

tboss888 09-28-2006 12:09 AM

Are there a lot of grungy american hippies who are trying to be all one with nature and not bathing and ish, I really hate those people.

edfurlong 09-28-2006 12:11 AM

My lease is up in a couple weeks and I'm supposed to sign papers for another place tomorrow. I'm starting to think about renting a storage unit instead...