Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   The Official NBA Regular Season 07-08 Thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=509272)

Assani Fisher 11-29-2007 09:06 PM

Re: Official NBA Season Thread

Random question....If these 3 teams got together and each played the other two 10 times(so 20 game schedule) which team would end up with the best record? Suppose they each have a month to practice and international rules:

1. Current UCLA team
2. The 96 Bulls(playing today, so they're all old)
3. The current Greece national team

Spellmen 11-29-2007 09:12 PM

Really good post KidColin. I agree with pretty much everything you said. They peaked early scoring wise, but I think it's clear Shaq/Jordan and others improved as players and were at their actual peak during those championship runs. Jordan improved his passing and added a lot of range to his game that wasn't there when he was younger, and Shaq definitely had a more polished game as he got older and became a great passer. I think his passing was/and probably still is underrated by your casual fan.

Also, to clarify, I don't think Howard is likely or a favorite to reach Shaq level, but I think the potential is there. He's obviously a physical freak and from everything I've read a really hard worker, so hopefully he can improve his offensive game, passing, and cut down on the turnovers

kidcolin 11-29-2007 09:14 PM

Assani,

Thanks for this post. I find it both interesting and thought provoking. Also let me point out that I really enjoy you as a poster. Keep up the great work. As for your question, I believe it's nonsense and do not wish to answer it. Regardless, I hope you really enjoy theorizing about competitions between basketball squads in various leagues of varying skills. For us NBA fans, its a magical time of year. Sit back and enjoy my friend- you deserve it.

BobboFitos 11-29-2007 09:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Assani,

Thanks for this post. I find it both interesting and thought provoking. Also let me point out that I really enjoy you as a poster. Keep up the great work. As for your question, I believe it's nonsense and do not wish to answer it. Regardless, I hope you really enjoy theorizing about competitions between basketball squads in various leagues of varying skills. For us NBA fans, its a magical time of year. Sit back and enjoy my friend- you deserve it.

[/ QUOTE ]

anatta 11-29-2007 09:52 PM

Just started watching the C's game, 0/10 both teams to start the 2nd. I'm not dumber for watching this, umm, what am I, I dunno, I think I just lost my jumper in this life and the next.

westhoff 11-29-2007 10:59 PM

I think I might go try out for the Knicks.

Jack of Arcades 11-29-2007 11:04 PM

KC,

I didn't mean "peak" as in "had their absolute best year" but more like "never got significantly better." Jordan was better from 24-27 than at 23, but he was never really *that* much better.

I mean, I'm just saying I don't know how much Dwight can add over what he's currently doing. I doubt he really can add much, given that 24/15 is so good (it's better than KG, Duncan, etc).

kidcolin 11-29-2007 11:16 PM

Like I said, we need to see how Dwight finishes this year out. If he maintains this for a year (unlikely, but even if he finishes with 23/12 it's nuts), getting just *that* much better puts him on an insane level.

BobboFitos 11-29-2007 11:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think I might go try out for the Knicks.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I'm thinking if I start hitting the TAJ I may have a shot

Mediocre_Player 11-29-2007 11:18 PM

so has Isiah secretly been on the Pistons payroll the last 15 years with a mission to destroy as many eastern conf. teams as possible?