Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   STOP OVERPLAYING POCKET PAIRS AND WHINING WHEN YOU LOSE WITH THEM!1!!1 (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=693)

Bigdaddydvo 08-11-2006 12:10 PM

Re: STOP OVERPLAYING POCKET PAIRS AND WHINING WHEN YOU LOSE WITH THEM!

Overcards are not only dominant in Hold Em, they also superior when playing "WAR." Drawing A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] to your opponent's 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] results in two easy victories.

yabastid 08-15-2006 08:06 AM

Re: STOP OVERPLAYING POCKET PAIRS AND WHINING WHEN YOU LOSE WITH THEM!1!!1

jman,

this whole thread and your responses has made you one of my fav posters. I can't believe I missed this. thank you.

canada_dry 08-15-2006 10:32 AM

Dude are you for real??? Or are you smoking crack?

Think of this way: Overcards need 1 of the remaing 6, or some combo of straight, running flush, or weird paired board to counterfeit lower pair.

Pocket Pair: EVERYTHING ELSE

Net result: pocket pair slight favourite to win 52% i believe.

lostandgone85 08-15-2006 11:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Dude are you for real??? Or are you smoking crack?

Think of this way: Overcards need 1 of the remaing 6, or some combo of straight, running flush, or weird paired board to counterfeit lower pair.

Pocket Pair: EVERYTHING ELSE

Net result: pocket pair slight favourite to win 52% i believe.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol you moran

Inthacup 08-15-2006 12:18 PM

bbv has come a long way

canada_dry 08-15-2006 12:43 PM

what is "moran" ...

learn to spell. Those in glass houses shouldn't throw...

Slade19 08-15-2006 02:12 PM

I feel for Canada Dry...

I've seen a lot of his posts lately and he really... REALLY wants to engage in serious debates. Apparently the sarcas-o-meter some guy sold him is not only broken... but as it turns out is actually just a dead squirrel with some broken keys from a keyboard glued on to make it look high-tech.

Stop picking on the poor guy =/

meccaNES 08-15-2006 02:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I feel for Canada Dry...

I've seen a lot of his posts lately and he really... REALLY wants to engage in serious debates. Apparently the sarcas-o-meter some guy sold him is not only broken... but as it turns out is actually just a dead squirrel with some broken keys from a keyboard glued on to make it look high-tech.

Stop picking on the poor guy =/

[/ QUOTE ]

Where can i buy one of these and how much?

Butso 08-15-2006 02:21 PM

Re: STOP OVERPLAYING POCKET PAIRS AND WHINING WHEN YOU LOSE WITH THEM!1!!1

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sick and tired of this "OMG I GOT BAD BEAT, I HAD A POCKET PAIR AND ALL YOU HAD WAS OVERCARDS!"

Preflop, a pocket pair only has 2 outs to improve,overcards have 6! (This is not even taking into account straight and flush draws!) That means overcards are at least a 3:1 favorite to improve and win the hand. So stop whining morans.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is obv right for unconnected overcards, but connectors like 78 can make a run by hitting a 6 or 9. So they actually have as many as FOURTEEN outs making them a 7:1 favorite over a pocket pair.

HitmanHoldem 08-17-2006 08:22 PM

I guess I've been misinformed from the start about poker. This guy is right! If you have more outs, you have the best hand. Realizing this, I must be playing way too tight. If my opponent overplays his AA and pushes preflop, and I look at my cards and just see a deuce, I'm going to call with that alone. I'll just keep the other card to the side because I won't need it since my 2 has three outs and my opponent's aces only have two.

I really think the OP is really going to help my game in the future.