Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   High Stakes Poker thread (10/8) (possible spoliers in thread to come?) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=518570)

sapol 10-11-2007 11:48 PM

Re: High Stakes Poker thread (10/8) (possible spoliers in thread to co

[ QUOTE ]
The thing with Sammy is that he's a very particular player in that he wants things done a certain way, and especially so when he's losing and starts getting crabby.

The thing with the two guests behind him he was in the right with - in these games the hangers-on/sweaters (not just talking HSP now, but Bobby's Room, etc.) usually sit far away on couches/sofas/whatever or are sitting behind the one person they are sweating, and they also don't get directly involved with the action (i.e. guests here trying to sell insurance).

In this case someone else's sweaters were sitting right behind him, and he's cautious enough to know they could be trying to get a peak at his cards, disrupt him, anything.

Sammy may not seem it because he's throwing money around fishing it up but he's cautious that everything be on the up-and-up. Note when there's all-ins he wants all the chips/money pushed forward and be near the middle (note he wanted the mainpot/sidepot straightened out on the 3-way AI before the turn/river got dealt). He does this in regular side action as well.

Sammy flipping out because he "wasn't comfortable" is very reasonable.

And I know this because I know many (as well as myself) who have dealt to him. Just the way he is.

[/ QUOTE ]

very interesting.
You should make a post at NVG about stuff that happened to you while dealing at bobby's room.

ispiked 10-11-2007 11:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Did Eli tell Brandon Adams that he had another 100k behind him if that is true then why wasn't the side bigger between him and Baxter?

[/ QUOTE ]
No, Baxter only had around 70K.

Xibalba 10-12-2007 01:14 AM

I'm 100% positive that if someone like Greenstein had made the clock comment, there would be no one thinking how much of a douche he was.

plzleenowhammy 10-12-2007 02:40 AM

the ivey staredown is making ME nervous! wow, that's the sickest stare i've ever seen.

Taso 10-12-2007 04:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm 100% positive that if someone like Greenstein had made the clock comment, there would be no one thinking how much of a douche he was.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm 100% positive that someone like Greenstein wouldn't call the clock on a $200,000 decision, because it's a douche thing to do.

plzleenowhammy 10-12-2007 04:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
the ivey staredown is making ME nervous! wow, that's the sickest stare i've ever seen.

[/ QUOTE ]

wrong thread. ignore this.

MCS 10-12-2007 08:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Greenstein has already established an ironclad non-douche reputation, so if he did it, it would be reasonable to assume it was completely warranted. So what's your point?

grdred944 10-12-2007 04:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Every time I see 'BAN' I see a little kid tattling on his sister ..grow the [censored] up

[/ QUOTE ]

redron85 10-12-2007 04:56 PM

wikipedia already says who the winner is

cbloom 10-12-2007 08:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was thinking about why Daniel might be playing so tight. Daniel has advocated small-ball poker, playing small pots, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

I imagine DN has been burned by his huge losses and public ridicule in previous seasons, so he adjusted by playing tight and hoping to perhaps capitalize on his loose pay-off image.