Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   ****Official 2007 NY Mets NL East Champs Thread**** (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=366371)

Suigin406 07-22-2007 07:23 PM

Re: ****Official 2007 NY Mets NL East Champs Thread****

boo-yah!!

JordanIB 07-22-2007 07:30 PM

oy green.

JordanIB 07-22-2007 07:36 PM

oy, why put the winning run on base?

JordanIB 07-22-2007 07:44 PM

LOL Got him on the slider baybeeee

JordanIB 07-22-2007 07:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Enter Sandman.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

BobOjedaFan 07-22-2007 07:54 PM

Willie Randolph's ridiculousness once again reachess new levels. I really think this guy jerks off at night to Jay Bell's 30 sacrafice bunt season in '90 with Pittsburgh. I have complained to no end about the constant bunting. So in this game we have Lo Duca batting tying run on 2nd no outs. Lo Duca has been insanely hapless, the Mets had the adv. in the pens so you know what, I said ok for once this is a spot where I (I BobOjedaFan the hater of bunts) would bunt. So what does Willie do. He SWINGS AWAY! I just give up.

Then Lo Duca works out a walk on 4 pitches but the umpire comes throgh for the Dodgers again and gets the clutch groundout. Matt Kemp's glove ties the game and we go to extra innings. Some guy I have never heard of drives in the go ahead 5-4 Mets.

Ok so bottom 10th man on 2nd 1 out vs Wagner. IW to Kent? Willie, please lay off the crack. The Dodgers have NO PEN!, why the [censored] are you putting the winning run on! The double play off Wagner is HARDLY a factor, you friggan create a situation where 1 extra basehit can win the game whereas before they would need 2 off a pretty good pitcher. You do realzie that if Pierre had scoed the game is ONLY tied right. Jesus Christ.

Well, all this complaining in a game the Mets win, yikes, gj winning guys inspite of your brain dead manager.

Needle77 07-22-2007 08:01 PM

Go Go Cardinals. With next week's schedule the Mets could start to pull away a bit as long as they get some help from other teams putting beatings on the Braves. Finishing off July on a winning note this week could bury the Phils.

kbfc 07-22-2007 08:58 PM

That home plate ump was quite bad. You guys covered most of the ones against the Mets, but El Duque got a called strike on somebody - maybe Juan "runnin the bases" Pierre - that was at his forehead.

Also, what about the double play that Shawn Green hit into? I was sitting about 20ft from the play and it looked like he beat the throw, but it was really close. They didn't show the replay on the scoreboard, which was somewhat suspicious, as they will generally replay every pro-dodgers play regardless of how uninteresting or routine. That they failed in this one instance makes me think it would have shown Green beat the throw. Any help from the TV audience on that one?

Speaking of Greenie, I'm assuming that you guys were with me in spirit cheering for Wags to strikeout the side. I really felt like any groundball was going to be a disaster for the Mets with him at first.

Anyway, I'm bummed that Beltran didn't make it 4 for 4, but the game was definitely an awesome series finale.

kbfc 07-22-2007 09:09 PM

Also, I stepped in gum when I jumped up out of my seat to call DW safe in the 10th. Thank you for the going-away present, Dodger Stadium.

VarlosZ 07-23-2007 03:58 AM

Don't know why anyone would gripe about the SNY crew. In addition to the (IMO) fine work in the booth, it's worth mentioning that Kevin Burkhardt does a pretty good job as a 'sideline' reporter. (What do you call these guys in baseball?) Granted, there's a very limited ceiling for guys with his job, but I've noticed that he occasionally manages to sneak in an interesting question when interviewing players, and generally avoids the "how does it feel. . ." type crap.