Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   NBA Playoffs in-game thread (LIVE!!) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=402949)

tuq 05-17-2007 01:28 AM

Re: NBA Playoffs in-game thread (LIVE!!)

LOL at Kerr at the end there, "now you have to start worrying about fatigue, did the Suns players play too many minutes?" WTF, yeah let's pack it in for game five so we can be fresh for games six and seven. Also, these are world-class athletes, how the hell is 8-10 MINUTES of extra play going to affect them two days later? The only reason I would give his point any merit is his long tenure in the NBA, but it just sounds stupid all around.

crzylgs 05-17-2007 01:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Tim Duncan seriously needs to win DPOY.

[/ QUOTE ]

Next year, you mean? Doubt it. It's all downhill from here for Timmeh.

BobboFitos 05-17-2007 01:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
wow i didn't realize how terrible barbosa is...he may have been amazing during the Laker series...but everytime i see the ball go through his hands it's painful. I see him run the fast break and then run mach 4 and it's just pure recklessness. Does this guy [censored] know anything?

i think steve nash could make me be 6th man of the year.

[/ QUOTE ]

i liken barbosa's bball iq to that of a child. he needs to grow up alot with regard to 'what to do in this situation' etc. he's easily exploited bc of that

HajiShirazu 05-17-2007 01:45 AM

www.firedavidstern.com - lol Cuban
What a garbage basketball game today. And about the fatigue comment, yeah I don't play hoops, but maybe it's like a pitcher where most of the danger/wear comes from playing when they are fatigued already. I know there's no similar breakdown in mechanics, at least one that could cause injury, but Nash is old and all. Even the best player in the game (Kobe) tends to break down in the 4th quarter if he's played the game scoring hard with no rest.

Vyse 05-17-2007 01:57 AM

Rofl @ garbage basketball game. This game was superb.

And Kobe doesn't break down in the 4th. He just sucks and shoots fadeaway Js over 3 people.

lapoker17 05-17-2007 02:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Gregg Popovich is also a superb coach. Is there a coach close to him?

[/ QUOTE ]

uhh, relax.

gusmahler 05-17-2007 03:36 AM

Thomas has to be the worst pick and roller ever. Why not run that with Marion instead?

CharlieDontSurf 05-17-2007 03:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Thomas has to be the worst pick and roller ever. Why not give the ball to super hot Marion in the 4th quarter instead?

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

thedarknight 05-17-2007 10:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
wow i didn't realize how terrible barbosa is...he may have been amazing during the Laker series...but everytime i see the ball go through his hands it's painful. I see him run the fast break and then run mach 4 and it's just pure recklessness. Does this guy [censored] know anything?

i think steve nash could make me be 6th man of the year.

[/ QUOTE ]

i liken barbosa's bball iq to that of a child. he needs to grow up alot with regard to 'what to do in this situation' etc. he's easily exploited bc of that

[/ QUOTE ]

he had such a terrible game and terrible series for all I care. i just cringe everytime the balls goes through his hands...it's like nash should steal the [censored] ball away from him so doesn't get a chance to do something terrible, god awful that makes you want to kill yourself. if he has a clear shot in the lane and there's not TIMMY D waiting for you, then maybe he should take it to the lane. Cuz' right now he's really worthless...he can't shoot open shots, and he can't even make his FT's. I'd rather he go to the goddamn bench and just bring Jalen Rose or some veteran.

TheNoodleMan 05-17-2007 11:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
LOL at Kerr at the end there, "now you have to start worrying about fatigue, did the Suns players play too many minutes?" WTF, yeah let's pack it in for game five so we can be fresh for games six and seven. Also, these are world-class athletes, how the hell is 8-10 MINUTES of extra play going to affect them two days later? The only reason I would give his point any merit is his long tenure in the NBA, but it just sounds stupid all around.

[/ QUOTE ]

Steve Kerr never averaged more than 25 minutes a game in any season. He would have been beat going 40+. He is just another in a long line of commentators who color their work with their own personal experiences because it is all they know.

On another note, have we acknowledged that the separate in game thread is a complete failure and shouldn't be done for events longer than one game?

By-Tor 05-17-2007 11:17 AM

game after game it seems teams are too stupid to give the ball to the hot hand down the stretch.

GS did it with Barnes and last night, PHX with Marion.

haven't these guys ever played video games????

tuq 05-17-2007 12:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
On another note, have we acknowledged that the separate in game thread is a complete failure and shouldn't be done for events longer than one game?

[/ QUOTE ]
Dunno, it is tough making an actual comment about the NBA that's not real-time and having it get buried under an avalanche of 50-60 "WTF"-type no content posts. I guess we could stick to one thread and I'll just wait until the game is over to make the same point. But if the comment pertains to the game itself then it sucks.

kidcolin 05-17-2007 09:55 PM

Anyone watching the Bulls / Pistons game? Anyone want to explain that foul on McDyess / tech on Nocioni?

Fallen Hero 05-17-2007 10:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone watching the Bulls / Pistons game? Anyone want to explain that foul on McDyess / tech on Nocioni?

[/ QUOTE ]

no idea, btw couldn't Hinrich just fake an injury before he costs the bulls the series?

Methodz 05-17-2007 10:03 PM

The tech on Nocioni was because he stepped under McDyess, which is serious because it could cause ankle injuries.

I may be wrong though...

Russ M. 05-17-2007 10:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no idea, btw couldn't Hinrich just fake an injury before he costs the bulls the series?

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably too late given that he's like 1-50 shooting.

kidcolin 05-17-2007 10:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The tech on Nocioni was because he stepped under McDyess, which is serious because it could cause ankle injuries.

I may be wrong though...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah that's what Hubie said, but it didn't make sense to me. Isn't that just an offensive foul? How come Nocioni still got 3 shots?

Russ M. 05-17-2007 10:15 PM

They called a shooting foul on McDyess.

Clarkmeister 05-17-2007 10:16 PM

SOMEBODY PLEASE STOP DETROIT FROM GETTING OFFENSIVE REBOUNDS KPLZTHXXXXXXXXXXX

Fallen Hero 05-17-2007 10:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
They called a shooting foul on McDyess.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, but I assumed the foul was because his body hit Nocioni, if they call Nocioni for extending his leg then there's no reason to call the foul on McDyess.
In other news, Rasheed is retarded and should have been T'd.

Clarkmeister 05-17-2007 10:24 PM

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

ThaSaltCracka 05-17-2007 10:32 PM

[censored] Sheed.

Clarkmeister 05-17-2007 10:33 PM

C'monnnnnnnnnnnnnnn Greg Oden!

barryc83 05-17-2007 10:34 PM

Has anyone ever won a title with a pure jump shooting team like CHI/GSW? I would lump PHO in there but they have Amare. It just seems like those types of teams can be good, but never great.

barryc83 05-17-2007 10:34 PM

Oh and <3 Pistons.

Annulus 05-17-2007 11:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Oh and <3 Pistons.

[/ QUOTE ]

Was it just me or did Tayshaun Prince totally own Luol Deng this series? I really thought that that match-up would be a wash. I thought Prince and Sheed were awesome in the 2nd half.

kidcolin 05-17-2007 11:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Sheed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Clarkmeister 05-17-2007 11:57 PM

Sheed rules.

ThaSaltCracka 05-18-2007 01:13 AM

I didn't say Sheed sucks, I said phucking Sheed. Dude is a hot head, but at least he doesn't punch people or act like a general idiot. He just can't control his emotions, but at least he has some!

dms 05-18-2007 01:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The refs aren't perfect and couldn't tell that that was one of the best blocks of the year combined with a dirty play from Nocioni. No foul. MyDyess is great.

BobboFitos 05-18-2007 04:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Has anyone ever won a title with a pure jump shooting team like CHI/GSW? I would lump PHO in there but they have Amare. It just seems like those types of teams can be good, but never great.

[/ QUOTE ]

the michael jordan bulls...

i guess you can argue that MJ constantly attacked the basket but technically GSW/CHI etc. do that, too, they just end up shooting alot of jumpers, too