Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   View: Guy is the nicest guy on the planet (or the dumbest)/HSP SPOILER (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=551655)

favreftw 11-23-2007 12:19 AM

Re: View: Guy is the nicest guy on the planet (or the dumbest)

this hand pretty much ruined the rest of the episode for me..I just couldn't believe what I had seen when I watched this, it didnt feel like poker to me.. Poker is a game of no mercy, and this wasnt poker.

hennnerz 11-23-2007 12:38 AM

Yeah seriously wtf

miikka84 11-23-2007 12:46 AM

this comment is full of bs, every rich businessman i have met have beeen truly nice and polite, G Soros for example really nice guy in person, you have to be people person to be succesfull in business. When i see how Guy acted i saw that kind of sensibility which make you succesfull in life, Guy is the man!!!

brick 11-23-2007 12:46 AM

Re: View: Guy is the nicest guy on the planet (or the dumbest)/HSP SPOILER

they should have run it 6 times.

jeannic 11-23-2007 02:08 AM

Re: View: Guy is the nicest guy on the planet (or the dumbest) *DELETED*

Post deleted by jeannic

Rob121 11-23-2007 02:15 AM

guy should of let db off the hook if only if he could throw a pie in his face.

Daliman 11-23-2007 02:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
first db asks how many times there are going to run it. gl says once. after some thought guy offers him to just play for whats in the pot, db says ok. then after some more thought guy offers to take whats in the pot already. db says ok to that too. soo lame

[/ QUOTE ]

If this is true, it's not like Guy did DB any favors, the equity calculation I come up with makes this almost exactly =EV for DB face up. If he did only take up to the 40's as another post says, then yeah, he saved ~75k equity. Not "kiss his ring" nice, but very nice all the same.

blah_blah 11-23-2007 02:35 AM

he saves a lot more than 75k in equity, the pot is about 1.22mm and benyamine has 35% equity in that and 600k to start the hand, so his expected loss in the hand is about 173k. on the other hand if guy just takes his 40k raise, then he loses about 45k.

badatmath 11-23-2007 02:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
this is what is called passing on good karma, anyone have heard that hand where Thomas Wahlroos were splitting a pot willingly with Guy after Guy mucked his his hand by mistake.

[/ QUOTE ]

I also heard that Thomas was looking through a watch catalog at the table and was talking about an expensive watch in it that he wanted to buy, and the next day when he showed up to the game it was sitting on his chair. Guy bought it for him.

Daliman 11-23-2007 03:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
he saves a lot more than 75k in equity, the pot is about 1.22mm and benyamine has 35% equity in that and 600k to start the hand, so his expected loss in the hand is about 173k. on the other hand if guy just takes his 40k raise, then he loses about 45k.

[/ QUOTE ]
But he only "saves" 64.4% of the $$$ Guy did not take. by the time the 165k is factored in, calling his remaining 435k or so is essentially flipping a coin.