Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   ***Official 07-08 Toronto Maple Leafs Thread*** (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=514703)

tercet 11-21-2007 02:46 AM

Re: ***Official 07-08 Toronto Maple Leafs Thread***

Rask looked rather good in net for the Bruins...

Fire jfj

Veecee 11-21-2007 03:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Toronto needs a second NHL team.

Paying $400 to get [censored] tickets to games, buying them from people who only have them because they know demand is insane and they will make a big profit pisses me off.

[/ QUOTE ]

It would work in the city, it would make money for the NHL, but I personally don't like it. This will always be Leafs town.

Pudge714 11-21-2007 04:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Toronto needs a second NHL team.

Paying $400 to get [censored] tickets to games, buying them from people who only have them because they know demand is insane and they will make a big profit pisses me off.

[/ QUOTE ]

It would work in the city, it would make money for the NHL, but I personally don't like it. This will always be Leafs town.

[/ QUOTE ]
It won't necessarily make a profit for the NHL. Canadian teams are bad for TV ratings and draw really poorly in the states.

Veecee 11-21-2007 05:39 AM

I could be wrong about this, but aren't the Leafs one of the most successful NHL teams in terms of revenue?

vin17 11-24-2007 10:45 PM

Pls to be firing JFJ prematurely.

Leaf Talk should be goood tonight.

edit: LOL at Andy Frost (the host) saying Maurice should probably be the first to go.

Pudge714 11-24-2007 10:57 PM

I saw this post and was thinking pls to be posting because of sick comeback. Disappointment ldo [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Veecee 11-24-2007 11:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

edit: LOL at Andy Frost (the host) saying Maurice should probably be the first to go.

[/ QUOTE ]

Triumph36 11-24-2007 11:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I could be wrong about this, but aren't the Leafs one of the most successful NHL teams in terms of revenue?

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course - the point is that they don't make any money for the States. The Leafs vs. anyone in the Stanley Cup would get a dismal rating, provided anyone isn't Detroit, St. Louis, or Colorado - and even then.

vin17 11-24-2007 11:52 PM

Question: Is there really any point in debating the long term 'success' of hockey in the US?

tercet 11-26-2007 01:06 PM

tsn,sportsnet, the star, the sun and other papers/sports stations have been bashing JFJ relentlessly over the past 2 days. They been mentioning names like Messier, Yzerman, Francis, Healy, Gilmour as possible replacements. I dont [censored] care who it is, just get rid of JFJ and start rebuilding.

Also few of those media places are saying that JFJ tried to fire Maurice last week but wasnt allowed too.... WTF

Anyways lets hope this is his last week...