Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Official NE Patriots gogogogo to the SB thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=497025)

Kneel B4 Zod 09-24-2007 07:17 PM

Re: Official NE Patriots gogogogo to the SB thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Maybe they can start cheapshotting 2nd string QB's too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wilfork was blocked into Losman. in fact probably should have been a penalty on BUF

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] Exactly what type of block forces your forearm to take a jab at someone's knee?

[/ QUOTE ]

an illegal cheap shot. you should be embarrassed

MacGuyV 09-24-2007 08:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wilfork was blocked into Losman. in fact probably should have been a penalty on BUF

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] Exactly what type of block forces your forearm to take a jab at someone's knee?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What type of illegal cheap shot forces your forearm to take a jab at someone's knee? That must be unprecedented.

Toro 09-24-2007 10:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes he was blocked into him. And as a former defensive lineman let me say why don't they just put a skirt on the quarterback. Hit em too high and its a penalty, hit em too low and its a penalty. What's next, flag football for the QB and tackle for everybody else.

chev9 09-25-2007 02:52 PM

Anyone ever hear of a website called ticketoption.com that allows you to buy options to buy a ticket at face value if your team makes the Super Bowl? You can get options on the Patriots for upper deck SB tickets for $750 each right now. I think this seems like ok value, if the site is legit of course.

Kneel B4 Zod 09-25-2007 03:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone ever hear of a website called ticketoption.com that allows you to buy options to buy a ticket at face value if your team makes the Super Bowl? You can get options on the Patriots for upper deck SB tickets for $750 each right now. I think this seems like ok value, if the site is legit of course.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, I was just thinking about that site. w/o running the #'s, $750 seems like an awful lot.

1) there is a very good chance the Pats don't make the SB at all, and you're out $750 (per ticket)
2) how much could you buy these tickets for, come game time? The last SB was not heavily visited by Pats fans, largely b/c it was the 3rd visit in 4 years. Unless the Pats are 18-0 at that point, my guess is that Pats fans won't "travel well" to Arizona. meaning relatively cheaper tickets.

then again, compared to Vegas lines on winning the AFC, I think this is ok value. I see some lines around +145, which means a $750 bet would pay $1087. would $1087 buy a SB ticket? I doubt it. but if you could find a more reasonable line out there (preseason it was like 4-1) your money is probably better off w/ a bookie.

chev9 09-25-2007 04:01 PM

The option still requires you to buy the ticket for $600, so the comparison is to $1687, but you won't be able to touch a ticket for under $2000.

The Jacksonville Super Bowl wasn't well-represented by Pats fans for a few reasons (3rd in 4 years and no lodging available in or around JAX), but tickets were still going for over $2000 (Philly fans drove that up primarily). I had tickets last year, pretty near the worst seats in the stadium, and sold them for $3500 each.

A lot of it depends on the opponent, but the early front runners in the NFC, GB and Dallas, would make for really expensive tickets. If I were to place an o/u on the price of two upper deck seats on stubhub this coming Jan 21st, given the Pats as one of the teams, I'd say $6500.

If I knew I could trust this site, I'd probably get in on the $750 options.

Victor 09-29-2007 01:22 AM

can any of you pats fans tell me why maroney doesnt get goalline carries?

kyro 09-29-2007 02:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What type of illegal cheap shot forces your forearm to take a jab at someone's knee? That must be unprecedented.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure if I was falling forward the first thing on my mind wouldn't be "don't aim arm at QBs leg!" it would be "holy [censored], I'm falling forward"

You're just looking for excuses to hate the Pats.

ASPoker8 09-29-2007 02:38 AM

WEEEEE GO PATS

Kneel B4 Zod 09-29-2007 02:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
can any of you pats fans tell me why maroney doesnt get goalline carries?

[/ QUOTE ]

b/c BB thinks there is a better way to score touchdowns