Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   I'm going to train homeless people to make a living playing poker (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=468567)

icanseeyourcards 09-29-2007 01:09 PM

Re: I\'m going to train homeless people to make a living playing poker

[ QUOTE ]
making progress with this. updates coming soon

[/ QUOTE ]

Post a Pic of the homeless before and after !!

From Busto to Robustooooooooo!

snowbank 09-30-2007 06:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
make a blog please!

[/ QUOTE ]

i have one: http://snowbank23.blogspot.com/

Renton 09-30-2007 08:11 AM

what are u gonna do? loan them a laptop, so that then they can get kicked out of wifi cafe's over and over?

(srs question, not being a dick like everyone else)

fringsrache 09-30-2007 08:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Strongest traits of the typical homeless person:
1. decision-making
2. discipline

[/ QUOTE ]

eventough is actually sad, this made me laugh very hard!

Dangeresque 09-30-2007 08:36 AM

Oh man I lolled, but still, visit my dtund taly dealer's forum for the deep down [censored] on what happens to u tourists.

snowbank 10-27-2007 02:55 AM

update:

approached some non-profit organizations asking to work with smart, motivated, underprivileged kids. got some interest from a couple, but so far, no progress.

chillywater8 10-27-2007 03:11 AM

The thing about being successful financely Is having something to start with. If you are willing to give Knowledge and CASH maybe you can help. But you will need to give them a sense of hope also which is much much more important. Can you give the hope?! I like your idea and hope you push it, just have my doubts. Have you ever been homeless or Loved a homeless person? That would help, Alot. FWIW I only read the title not the thread. Hope is the key I promise. HOPE. Give the downtrodden hope and if they are a good person with a good heart they will thrive under most circumstances. I have been homeless and at the bottom I know. You would amazed how close "The Homeless" and you and I all are simular.

Gonso 10-27-2007 06:52 AM

Wait, wait, wait... no.

The long-term homeless (at least in the US) are greatly populated by the mentally ill, people with serious addictions, ex-cons and so forth.

Invariably someone's going to pop up and disagree with the above, and they'll be incorrect.

Besides being horribly unethical, it's really awful judgment. These people are by and large the exact opposite of people predisposed to becoming straong poker players. In fact we have plenty here in AC that do play a little poker.

Edgar_spadix 10-27-2007 07:43 AM

I think the bums capable of being a winning player (e.g. the chess playing bums) won't even want to participate because if they needed money they wouldn't have too much trouble getting it, they just like the bum life [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

snowbank 10-27-2007 04:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The thing about being successful financely Is having something to start with. If you are willing to give Knowledge and CASH maybe you can help. But you will need to give them a sense of hope also which is much much more important. Can you give the hope?! I like your idea and hope you push it, just have my doubts. Have you ever been homeless or Loved a homeless person? That would help, Alot. FWIW I only read the title not the thread. Hope is the key I promise. HOPE. Give the downtrodden hope and if they are a good person with a good heart they will thrive under most circumstances. I have been homeless and at the bottom I know. You would amazed how close "The Homeless" and you and I all are simular.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never been homeless

when were you homeless? story?