Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   2+2er Nike Plus running group - who's in? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=295947)

DonkeyKongSr 01-08-2007 01:05 AM

Re: 2+2er Nike Plus group

Problem with the Nike armband is you can't see the screen. What a stupid idea for an armband.

tdarko 01-08-2007 01:16 AM

DKSr,

I f'in hate that.

I have playlists set up and timed for runs. I hit play, slide the pod in the pouch and start but you would think they would have thought of something better.

nolanfan34 01-08-2007 02:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ran 2 miles for an average of 7:27 (used my watch to time it), not exceptional by any means but a lot different from my treadmill run.

[/ QUOTE ]

tdarko,

I hate you. That is all.

nolan

(OK, you are certainly in much better shape than me to begin with, so hopefully it won't take me too long to get down to 7:30 pace again.)

nolanfan34 01-08-2007 02:54 AM

Oh, and the other depressing thing I forgot to post before when I mentioned the relay thing, is that earlier in the day there was a 15 or 16 year old girl who came out and cruised to an easy 5:34 mile. Ah, youth...

Rooger 01-09-2007 06:56 PM

I'd like to join in on this - have a bit with one of my study mates, so will need to run at least a half marathon before the May 1st [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Nike screenname Rogvi - will probably be a few weeks before I really get going, haven't calibrated it yet, and pretty busy with my exam ATM.

DonkeyKongSr 01-09-2007 07:13 PM

I think it would be cool to add a fastest mile challenge or something like that, too. That way I can know just how [censored] slow I am and your times can push me to be faster.

1C5 01-09-2007 08:32 PM

5:08 was my best years ago, can't come close to that now I bet. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

I will try though!!

Entity 01-09-2007 09:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd like to join in on this - have a bit with one of my study mates, so will need to run at least a half marathon before the May 1st [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Nike screenname Rogvi - will probably be a few weeks before I really get going, haven't calibrated it yet, and pretty busy with my exam ATM.

[/ QUOTE ]

I tried adding your screenname, but it didn't work. PM / post the email address you used to sign up.

Rob

Entity 01-09-2007 09:55 PM

All,

The wife and I just picked up The Non-runners Marathon Trainer. May be worth a look for some of you out there who are serious about this; I'm just hoping to enter into a half marathon (and maybe eventually a full). It's a PROVEN 4-month plan for non-runners to train for running a full-length beast. I don't think I'm going to go full into it, but who knows...

Rob

1C5 01-10-2007 07:15 PM

Wait, I do to order the Nike + and Marware kit from amazon and see I have to pay $15 extra in shipping as this doesn't count for free shipping? I HATE paying shipping at amazon. Trying to find it somewhere else...