Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   **Trading Deadline Thread ** (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=174150)

Wynton 07-31-2006 09:34 PM

Re: **Trading Deadline Thread **

[ QUOTE ]
Last I heard the plan is for Maine to go to the pen for the time being.

[/ QUOTE ]

This kind of annoys me. I'm getting the idea that they've made up their mind that, unless Pelfry is absolutely awful, he will get to start ahead of Maine, no matter what Maine does.

I would take the attitude that, unless Pelfry starts to look a lot better than he has so far, he should go back to the minors while Maine gets to be the fifth starter.

Schwartzy61 07-31-2006 10:03 PM

Jamal Magloire has been traded to the Portland Trail Blazers. Milwaukee will receive Steve Blake, Brian Skinner, and Ha-Seung Jin...

LionelHutz00 07-31-2006 11:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Jamal Magloire has been traded to the Portland Trail Blazers. Milwaukee will receive Steve Blake, Brian Skinner, and Ha-Seung Jin...

[/ QUOTE ]

yessss! a chance to use this: http://static.flickr.com/26/99793047_5c8ca79ed3.jpg

niss 07-31-2006 11:34 PM

Both ideas are not mutually exclusive. It depends how many more starts they give Pelfrey. Pelfrey has to start ahead of Maine. If he gets bombed next out, my guess is he goes back down and Maine steps in. If Pelfrey pitches well, he stays in the rotation and my guess is the Mets spot start Maine to give the 4 senior citizens some extra rest.

PS FAN says the Mets had a deal to get Oswalt for Milledge and Heilman (3-way with Baltimore -- Tejada to Houston) but Baltimore backed out both times the deal apparently had been agreed upon.

yellowdoyle 08-01-2006 03:30 AM

It seems to me the Dodgers got pwned by that trade for Lugo. They will not be able to keep him, and wasn't Guzman their top 3B prospect? Unless they plan to leave Betemit there long term?

LionelHutz00 08-01-2006 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wasn't Guzman their top 3B prospect?

[/ QUOTE ]
Andy LaRoche is 22 and hitting .316/ .411/ .496 this year between AA and AAA.

Karak567 08-01-2006 05:33 PM

I have a friend who is a die hard Oriole fan (although he isn't the smartest baseball fan) who says a trade of Milledge and Heilman for Tejada straight up is bad and he would not take it as Peter Angelos.

Obviously this was involved in a 3-way deal, but that is what the O's give up and get.

I think that's a GREAT deal for the O's!

yellowdoyle 08-01-2006 05:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought Andy Laroche was the stud 1B prospect? Or am I just crazy? (No, I am not being confused by his brother on Atlanta [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]) I thought Guzman and Laroche were the future corner IF's, along with Kemp in CF.

J.R. 08-01-2006 05:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought Andy Laroche was the stud 1B prospect? Or am I just crazy? (No, I am not being confused by his brother on Atlanta [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]) I thought Guzman and Laroche were the future corner IF's, along with Kemp in CF.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Betemit could become a roadblock for Dodgers top prospect Andy LaRoche, the third baseman at triple-A Las Vegas. Colletti, however, likes a competitive environment.

If LaRoche develops into a standout third baseman, Betemit could contribute similarly to the Milwaukee Brewers' Bill Hall, playing nearly every day but at multiple positions.

[/ QUOTE ]

link