Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   weird situation. is there any ethics consideration here? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=543592)

SlowHabit 11-17-2007 07:17 PM

Re: weird situation. is there any ethics consideration here?

[ QUOTE ]
rbk, he actually turned his cards face up and if i didnt turn my head away i would have seen he had T8.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thought you had a set and didn't want you to outdraw him since you were probably getting correct odds (or close to it + future tilt)?

SlowHabit 11-17-2007 07:33 PM

About two years ago, I was playing live poker every day in the summer. Then on one day, I decided to go to the restroom and came back and the table hit the jackpot. Luckily, another fellow was in the restroom too so I felt less pain. This fellow suggested that each person gives us $50 for missing the hand. The table turned silence.

About 30 minutes later, the person who won the jackpot (about 8k or so) threw me and the fellow $100 / each. Now $100 wasn't all that much but I'm a sucker for nice gestures.

About 20 hours into the session, the jackpot winner and I were in a pot. I had 67. Flop is 667. Lots of betting and raising on flop and turn. On river, I put him on A6 and shoved. I told him that since he was generous, I'll let him know that I had "flopped it." He sat there for 5 minutes contemplating what "flopped it" meant and whether I was bluffing him. After all, I was an Asian Youngun. Then he folded and I obviously showed.

I have never seen anyone that lose a big pot and smile so genuinely. For the next few minutes, he was proud of himself for giving me that $100.

Perhaps I was the sucker at the table.

NT! 11-17-2007 08:21 PM

mike,

too fancy imo and slows the game down.

i think shove and show one card is the way to go, but me being me, i might just shove and say nothing.

El Diablo 11-19-2007 05:50 AM

mike,

I'd prob shove and say "I have you beat."

GTL 11-19-2007 08:57 AM

i still like my line the best. shove, then he will say something along the lines of "you have the nuts?" then you say, "yes."

PBFan 11-19-2007 11:06 AM

read the whole thread
W/P SIR Karma will come around

OnYourBike 11-19-2007 11:32 AM

Shoving and not showing or saying anything is perfectly ethical, if there's such a thing in poker because ethics are entirely subjective. It's just a game. Nothing more. It will be his decision to call for all his chips.