Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Official NHL 2006-07 Regular Season Thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=227669)

Equal 10-22-2006 01:25 AM

Re: Official NHL 2006-07 Regular Season Thread

lol Sabres are kicking ass. I guess it's awful tough to lose a game when you hit every flop and score 6 goals. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

My Canucks are starting to roll now, with 3 come from behind 3rd period victories.

MacGuyV 10-22-2006 03:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
however it's tough being an Islander fan and a Bills fan.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

holeplug 10-22-2006 09:23 AM

ESPN just said that the Flyers have fired both GM Bob Clarke and head coach Ken Hitchcock. Seems way to drastic imo... [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

bluef0x 10-22-2006 12:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Just got in from Sharks game where they lit up Detroit. 5 PP goals and very good goaltending by Toskala. The Sharks PP has been awesome so far! 2 more assists for Joe and Cheechoo and Patty both had goals along w/ Milan who is on fire!

[/ QUOTE ]

I have Carle (2A), Marleau (2G), and Michalek (1G 2A) in my fantasy league. Tonight was nice [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I picked up Michalek after watching his preseason highlights. His moves are amazing, but right now he's looking like the new Cheechoo. I think he's been right in front of the net on every goal he has so far.

[/ QUOTE ]

Talk about a homer. GL.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhh... riiiiight. I didn't draft any of those guys. I picked up Carle and Michalek off the waivers.. and traded Meszaros and ... can't remember for Marleau (I needed room to add a goalie)

But yeah, next time I should ignore a defenceman with 8 points in 8 games and a kid with sweet moves that has 9 points in 8 games. Watch a Sharks game and I bet you'll find out who Michalek is.

bluef0x 10-22-2006 12:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ESPN just said that the Flyers have fired both GM Bob Clarke and head coach Ken Hitchcock. Seems way to drastic imo... [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think so. Hitchcock wasn't doing it for the team and Clarke has been signing old, slow players that don't fit in the new NHL.

I probably would have just fired Hitchcock and told Clarke about the new NHL rules [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Triumph36 10-22-2006 01:01 PM

Huh? They should've fired Clarke five years ago - he's not a very good GM. And Hitchcock had obviously lost this team.

Too bad - with Clarke at the helm I was sure the Flyers would never win a Stanley Cup.

DeathbySuckout 10-22-2006 01:50 PM

BYE BYE BOBBY CLARKE!!!

WOOOOOO HOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

MrFeelNothin 10-22-2006 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Just got in from Sharks game where they lit up Detroit. 5 PP goals and very good goaltending by Toskala. The Sharks PP has been awesome so far! 2 more assists for Joe and Cheechoo and Patty both had goals along w/ Milan who is on fire!

[/ QUOTE ]

I have Carle (2A), Marleau (2G), and Michalek (1G 2A) in my fantasy league. Tonight was nice [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I picked up Michalek after watching his preseason highlights. His moves are amazing, but right now he's looking like the new Cheechoo. I think he's been right in front of the net on every goal he has so far.

[/ QUOTE ]

Talk about a homer. GL.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhh... riiiiight. I didn't draft any of those guys. I picked up Carle and Michalek off the waivers.. and traded Meszaros and ... can't remember for Marleau (I needed room to add a goalie)

But yeah, next time I should ignore a defenceman with 8 points in 8 games and a kid with sweet moves that has 9 points in 8 games. Watch a Sharks game and I bet you'll find out who Michalek is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ehh, in my experience people ALWAYS overpay for hometown heroes because they have unrealistic expectations, seeing as how you have 3 Sharks its pretty fair to put you in that group. You probably gave too much for Marleau, and the kids are good but you're crazy if you think they are going to keep this pace up.

Oh, and I have NHL Center-Ice and I like watching the Sharks. But I especially liked watching them get beat down by the Wild last night. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

bluef0x 10-23-2006 08:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Talk about a homer. GL.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ehh, in my experience people ALWAYS overpay for hometown heroes because they have unrealistic expectations, seeing as how you have 3 Sharks its pretty fair to put you in that group. You probably gave too much for Marleau, and the kids are good but you're crazy if you think they are going to keep this pace up.

Oh, and I have NHL Center-Ice and I like watching the Sharks. But I especially liked watching them get beat down by the Wild last night. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I gave up Meszaros and Malkin for Marleau. Easily a win for me [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Although, for some reason I thought Malkin would be out for more. I used the free slot to pick up Denis- I really needed a goalie.

But go ahead and keep on assuming while skipping over you're home star.

Look: a point for Carle, Michalek, and Marleau tonight [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I must be a homer

bluef0x 10-24-2006 09:36 PM

Just watched the Pens vs Devils game... man I can't wait 'til I get to see Crosby and Malkin when they come to San Jose next month. They are amazing.

I also want a refund on my Flyers vs. Sharks tickets!