Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   High Stakes Poker thread (10/15) (spoilers possible) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=523741)

Hendricks433 10-19-2007 11:51 PM

Re: High Stakes Poker thread (10/15)

[ QUOTE ]
you failed to mention that he also called 50k on the turn. so that 25 k call without a hand.. resulted in practically a 100k profit. so he called with 1/8 of his stack then grew his stack by 50 percent.

[/ QUOTE ] yea because that outcome is the most likely and will happen most of the time

JokersAttack 10-20-2007 01:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you failed to mention that he also called 50k on the turn. so that 25 k call without a hand.. resulted in practically a 100k profit. so he called with 1/8 of his stack then grew his stack by 50 percent.

[/ QUOTE ]

No it didn't.

Sammy was gambling, stop trying to mathematically justify his play.

ChrisV 10-20-2007 03:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i also like it that although you mentioned in a previous post that phil checked the flop when sammy hit the king .. you failed to mention that he also called 50k on the turn. so that 25 k call without a hand.. resulted in practically a 100k profit. so he called with 1/8 of his stack then grew his stack by 50 percent.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow you've got me there, can't argue with that. The K7 wins money when it flops a king and the opponent can't beat one pair kings. That is definitely a devastating insight.

mookboi 10-20-2007 05:00 AM

ChrisV,

Why did you keep arguing after he posted:

[ QUOTE ]
i've stacked more opps with 26 off than i have with AKsuited

[/ QUOTE ]

I mean... c'mon. You are clearly outmatched here. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

suzzer99 10-20-2007 05:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ChrisV,

Why did you keep arguing after he posted:

[ QUOTE ]
i've stacked more opps with 26 off than i have with AKsuited

[/ QUOTE ]

I mean... c'mon. You are clearly outmatched here. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dammit. You're taking all the fun out of baiting ChrisV. Bastard.

phydaux 10-20-2007 06:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Jennifer, if it's relevant to your life in any way, this 21 year old thinks you're super hot.

[/ QUOTE ]

So does this 40 year old.

EL Burro Loco 10-20-2007 02:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Am i the only one that gets pissed that Harman doesn't stack her chips.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. And the lazy B comment was idiotic and uncalled for. She's a classy player and seems like a pretty decent person.

EL Burro Loco 10-20-2007 02:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
traz i have no idea lol

in general I enjoy shattering people's illusions about their heroes, but there isn't much chance of that. i guess i have too much time on my hands? [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

SF is not a hero of mine at all but i will make this statement in regards to the play. Against a really tight player who gives away the exact strength of his hand by the way he plays i will make some strange technically -ev calls because of the implied odds. Especially if i know that this specific player A) can't release when i hit a better hand or B) will be scared of an over card and open himself up to a possible bluff.

Also i don't think this is applicable as much to games on the net as it seems to me even tight players tend to fold big hands less.

Farha against Hellmuth though is just Sammy steaming and playing a wild game imo. He seems to be steaming throughout these episodes to varying degrees.

Dima2000123 10-20-2007 07:02 PM

In that K7 hand, I wonder if Farha would've done exactly the same thing if an ace flopped instead of a king. If he did, there there are a few more favorable scenarios for him, although he had to have put Hellmuth exactly on QQ or JJ to think like that.

EL Burro Loco 10-20-2007 08:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In that K7 hand, I wonder if Farha would've done exactly the same thing if an ace flopped instead of a king. If he did, there there are a few more favorable scenarios for him, although he had to have put Hellmuth exactly on QQ or JJ to think like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

My scenario was against a player i consider to be weak. Against Hellmuth if i had Sam Farhas table image i might reconsider that sort of move. Then again... thats probably why i don't play in nosebleed games.