Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   chopsticks, fried rice, white people (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=553829)

Stellastarr 11-27-2007 07:40 PM

Re: chopsticks, fried rice, white people

Plate = fork
Bowl = chopsticks

xxThe_Lebowskixx 11-27-2007 08:37 PM

that combines my two true loves in this universe.

garcia1000 11-27-2007 11:03 PM

Am I alone in being able to use both chopsticks, and fork and knife?

This probably puts me in the top 1% of the population.

tdarko 11-27-2007 11:04 PM

El D,

mmmmm Basil Chicken is good! I see asparagus dishes ordered a lot too. It still doesn't change my point that rice dishes have to be on the menu.

Man I love Thai food.

xxThe_Lebowskixx 11-27-2007 11:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Am I alone in being able to use both chopsticks, and fork and knife?

This probably puts me in the top 1% of the population.

[/ QUOTE ]
I pretty much never use a fork. Its pretty [censored] pointless unless you are trying to cut a steak. Objects that you stab are easier to pick up with chop sticks.

El Diablo 11-27-2007 11:39 PM

garcia,

"Am I alone in being able to use both chopsticks, and fork and knife?"

No. Pretty much every non-Asian in the Bay Area knows how to use chopsticks. And some of the Asians know how to use knife and fork.

frad 11-27-2007 11:57 PM

is it really necessary to write a page of text on rather you should eat rice with chopsticks or not? just eat the [censored] rice..

MC Chris 11-28-2007 08:49 AM

again tdarko i really think you are flat out wrong here but you probably will not admit it. there are definitely stand alone rice dishes in thai cuisine and i'm not talking about "american" thai cuisine. they don't serve rice dishes just because americans don't order curry dishes, that's just ludicrous, and like diablo said i'm not even sure it's true that those rice dishes are ordered more often.

if you don't believe me that's fine but i think you at the very least have to defer to the knowledge of kkf on this one.

give it up yo!

Victor 11-28-2007 09:00 AM

eating at the chinese restaruant with some white friends. dude asks for chopsticks, i guess he wanted to be cultural or something. obv he mishandles dumpling and it careens in his soup splashing brown spots all over his nice white button down.

JokersAttack 11-28-2007 09:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
eating at the chinese restaruant with some white friends. dude asks for chopsticks, i guess he wanted to be cultural or something. obv he mishandles dumpling and it careens in his soup splashing brown spots all over his nice white button down.

[/ QUOTE ]

this made me lol