Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Person to person transfers. [OP is a "MUST read", or be scammed!] (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=434828)

Backspin20 07-19-2007 07:08 PM

Re: Person to person transfers.

[ QUOTE ]
I have a $25 gift card to dicks that I'll trade for $15 on pokerstars. I'll give you the code and let you use it first if you don't trust me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dang...someone is jones'n to play

cardman 07-19-2007 07:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Just got scammed by the 2p2'er oneouterson. That is also his name on FTP and Stars. We agreed to transfer $1000 to his FT for $1000 in my Stars. I sent the first increment of $200 and he said he received it and then sent my increment. Five hours later, I have yet to receive any of the money. He has ~630 posts on 2p2, yet I didn't look at his sharkscope/OPR to check his stakes before I transfered. Send me my money and I will edit this post, until then, DO NOT TRANSFER WITH ONEOUTERSON.

[/ QUOTE ]

quote from bosox747:

Well bro I sent you several pm's and u just chose to ignore me. Had you atleast had the decency to respond you would have never gotten scammed as we would have done business. Post count is not everything.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

Backspin20 07-19-2007 07:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Just got scammed by the 2p2'er oneouterson. That is also his name on FTP and Stars. We agreed to transfer $1000 to his FT for $1000 in my Stars. I sent the first increment of $200 and he said he received it and then sent my increment. Five hours later, I have yet to receive any of the money. He has ~630 posts on 2p2, yet I didn't look at his sharkscope/OPR to check his stakes before I transfered. Send me my money and I will edit this post, until then, DO NOT TRANSFER WITH ONEOUTERSON.

[/ QUOTE ]

quote from bosox747:

Well bro I sent you several pm's and u just chose to ignore me. Had you atleast had the decency to respond you would have never gotten scammed as we would have done business. Post count is not everything.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

[/ QUOTE ]

That is funny I almost traded with him

Clamper13 07-19-2007 08:40 PM

Unless you are a seasoned and successful trader, read this.

Successful transfers can and do occur here on a regular basis. Despite the number of reliable partners, some users, in particular those that are new to the trading scene, fall prey to scammers.

There is a half-dozen or so serial scammers and an occasional drive-by opportunist that will attempt to separate you from your money.

There are also several very trustworthy members who you can reliably trade with.

It's your responsibility to know the difference.

This post is intended to help the new trader avoid some common pitfalls.

If you're new to trading, you are already at a disadvantage, as you will be expected to send first. The scammers know this, and will lay in wait for you.

The very first thing you should do is to consult the latest list of alledged scammers in this thread. Also read <u>all</u> the notes. They contain advice that will help protect you. The author has devoted significant time to make this a information available. It's a valuable tool. Use it!

Next, don't be shy. Although each scam is unique, they and the scammers share some characteristics that can indicate a potential for being scammed. If something doesn't look or feel right, post your concerns here and let a veteran trader or moderater lend a hand.

If you're potential partner doesn't want you to make open inquiries, then RUN, don't walk away.

In addition to Mike Haven's excellent list, here are some tips that can give you an indication of a potential trader's reliability.

Ask yourself these questions about your potential partner before engaging in any trade.

1. Are they unable to provide a verifiable history?
2. Do they insist on you trading first?
3. Do they refuse a small 'test' trade?
4. Are they in a hurry?
5. Do their online stats appear inconsistent with the amount of the trade?
6. Do they claim being already victimized?
7. Are there any inconsistencies in their statements?
8. Are they reluctant to provide information, ie. screen names on both sites, or show funds on the site that they will pay you from?
9. Does their forum name, player name(s), IM or email address show negative comments on this or any other forum?
10. Low post count and/or recent registration?

If you answer 'yes' to any one item on that list, proceed with extreme caution. Trade small. If you answer 'yes' to two, then seek help. Three or more, then don't do the trade. There will be a more trustworthy partner.

FlyHigh2Day 07-19-2007 09:34 PM

looking for $3-500 on Stars for Full Tilt, PM me if interested.

AlexisBelle 07-19-2007 09:51 PM

Backspin20 is the real deal. If anyone needs to transfer, this is your guy. Thanks!!

FlyHigh2Day 07-19-2007 09:58 PM

quick and easy 500 dollar transfer with backspin20, would use again.

Backspin20 07-19-2007 10:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Backspin20 is the real deal. If anyone needs to transfer, this is your guy. Thanks!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Smooth deal with AlexisBelle!!

Backspin20 07-19-2007 10:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
quick and easy 500 dollar transfer with backspin20, would use again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Smooth deal with FlyHigh2Day!!

radiiheads8888 07-20-2007 04:17 AM

Looking for 100$ on stars for my 100$ on FTP. Will transfer post so long as you have at least one certifiable reference. Thanks

TilTandWiN 07-20-2007 04:08 PM

Great trade with backspin20 from FTP to Stars

limitninja 07-20-2007 05:49 PM

updated list of whom I owe money on here:

mike cuneo 170
theaudition 390
windmilla 115
shrug 140
olinpreflop 790

thank you guys for being patient with me

DonovanMD 07-20-2007 05:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
updated list of whom I owe money on here:

mike cuneo 170
theaudition 390
windmilla 115
shrug 140
olinpreflop 790

thank you guys for being patient with me

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you owe them money, and why is it being updated on here?

limitninja 07-20-2007 05:53 PM

because they transferred me money and I lost it all and never transferred them anything back like I was supposed to, so unlike scammers who scam people am paying them back, more than half way through now.

A mod asked to post updates on here

DonovanMD 07-20-2007 06:21 PM

Just wondering. Good to see honest people.

surftheiop 07-21-2007 02:24 PM

I want to move 200&lt;x&lt;1000 dollars from stars to FTP. Will pay like 5% or something. Please PM me if you have made reliable transfers in the past.

AlexisBelle 07-21-2007 02:35 PM

edit

surftheiop 07-21-2007 04:05 PM

traded with Backspin20- great trade, kept in contact throughout process.

radiiheads8888 07-21-2007 04:30 PM

Now looking for 150$ on stars for my 150$ on FTP. I will send first as long as you have at least one certifiable succesful trnasfer.

Oki-Oki 07-21-2007 09:34 PM

Looking for 1k on stars for 1k on ftp.

Oki-Oki 07-21-2007 10:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Looking for 1k on stars for 1k on ftp.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just finished up a trade with Backspin20 he was quick and reliable.

brendanb438 07-21-2007 10:05 PM

LOL I wouldn't call limitninja honest. He got transfers from people and lost it all and never gave them anything. He has a problem but instead of getting help from GA he is still gambling it up. Mods should ban people like this to help them.

limitninja 07-21-2007 10:14 PM

Brandan I don't have a probelm first of all, just was in a spot where I was cash strapped, I bought a new house when all that happened and most of my money was tied up. I play cards for living successfully and have been doing it for past 4 years, and have been paying taxes on my winnings. You can check www.thepokerdb.com for my tourney results for a period of time I used limitninja account on stars.

GSykes 07-21-2007 10:41 PM

Hey guys I really need some help I have 1045 on UltimateBet and need stars or FTP money before turning stone.

Can anyone do a 1045 trade I will go first to a reputable member.

Thanks.

beset 07-22-2007 01:41 AM

1k absolute for 1k on Stars needed. I don't want to pay any juice so just hoping friends see this :P

joelav128 07-22-2007 02:18 AM

i need $50 on stars for $50 on full tilt. i'll transfer first if you are a respected poster/have a good history. pm me please

bedsheets 07-22-2007 03:34 AM

joe, check ur PM. I need some Full Tilt $$$.

4drugmoney 07-22-2007 08:23 AM

I need epassporte money. I only have disposable money on Stars right now. I will send Stars or Bankwire. You send first, In increments if need be I will sit at any table with any amount. I will pay a nice Vig since most people dont have Epassporte money on hand. PM me for details. I can also provide references.

mrblond21 07-22-2007 10:44 AM

xxxslicknick has ripped me off for $10. his name is the same on stars as it is on here as stated above. that $10 was the only money I had online.

G-Diddy20 07-22-2007 12:18 PM

I need $215 on Stars for $215 on Full Tilt. Someone please pm me if interested.

G

Oliver Nipples 07-22-2007 12:25 PM

Need 215 on UB for 215 on Stars or FT or a combination by 4:45 EST.

AlexisBelle 07-22-2007 12:33 PM

edit again, guh xxxslicknick is a very shady guy

Oliver Nipples 07-22-2007 01:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Need 215 on UB for 215 on Stars or FT or a combination by 4:45 EST.

[/ QUOTE ]

Done.

Poker Jon 07-22-2007 03:40 PM

Hey All,

Need $50 FT for $50 stars if anyone wants to trade. Respected posters only.

PM me if interested.

Cheers,

Jon

mewww 07-22-2007 04:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
xxxslicknick has ripped me off for $10. his name is the same on stars as it is on here as stated above. that $10 was the only money I had online.

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel sorry for this xxxslicknick guy.

gotthenuts06 07-22-2007 05:12 PM

Re: Person to person transfers. *DELETED*

Post deleted by Mike Haven

erkinho 07-22-2007 05:19 PM

sending $230 on partypoker for $216 on fulltilt. i will send first to any reputable poster. within the next 30 min, thanks.

4drugmoney 07-22-2007 05:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I need epassporte money. I only have disposable money on Stars right now. I will send Stars or Bankwire. You send first, In increments if need be I will sit at any table with any amount. I will pay a nice Vig since most people dont have Epassporte money on hand. PM me for details. I can also provide references.

[/ QUOTE ]

Taken care of.

Backspin20 07-22-2007 07:34 PM

I just love that girls ass 4drugmoney. I swear a couple of times I have lost like 10 mins just watching that short clip. NH

erkinho 07-22-2007 08:38 PM

prob getting help with this with fellow Backspin20, but just posting in case it doesn't work out as he's gonna look something up with Party.

need to spot a few $k from Party to FTP for upcoming ftops series. I'll pay a vig and I'll be sending first to any reputable poster. also interested in buyin epassporte monies for a vig.

edit, watch out for "gotthenuts06" as he tried to scam me out of $216 earlier. I saw down at a table and told him to sit down at a specified table, "hands full of tables, sorry. deal or no deal?" was basically the answer.

his posts are very suspicious too. like "lol", "nice", "good value, shove"-posts only. sounds like bs to me.