Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   List of eWallets for Canadians (#2 of 2) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=395826)

mephisto 11-09-2007 03:37 PM

Re: List of eWallets for Canadians (#2 of 2)

3) A long ass time. Frustratingly long time vs sites like BFP. 6 weeks at least? They do their cheques for me through commerzebank from NYC. Whereas BFP gets their cheques written within Canada through various banks.

mocky 11-09-2007 03:49 PM

Ive had three cheques off them all arriving within ten-twelve working days all from a NY bank too. No probs cashing them whatsoever btw.

Henry17 11-09-2007 03:52 PM

Did anyone notice if the cheque amount was reflected in your 90 day Outgoing Limit?

Tornado69 11-11-2007 06:59 PM

kinda of breezed over the past few pages but have a few questions to ask .. i just signed up to an ipoker site am about to probably start playing on there as partypoker is killing me with the US dollar being so low.

A few questions ...
I'm guessing Moneybookers is similar to neteller and for canadians there's no problem sending to and from sites ?
Do they have good customer service ?
Anyone ever get worried at all having the $ on moneybookers ?
Is there a lot of fees at all ? Conversion, deposist/withdrawls/cheques in mail etc ?

Mahdrek 11-11-2007 07:34 PM

any1 else getting killed with the US $ dropping. god i hate exchange rates, we get hit when we 1st dep onto an ewallet than again when we withdrawl. grrr i prob 1st bought in bankroll wise at $1.15+
can i expect US $ to keep dropping, and should i do a big withdrawl before i lose more?

apefish 11-14-2007 07:28 PM

Bumping this to ask this basic question for a buddy.

As of November what is the easiest/most cost effective way to deposit a small amount say $100-200 on Stars as a Canadian?

I've read most of the thread but some answers I would assume are out of date/not relevant/ etc by now.

Thanks in advance.

eDoNkStEr 11-14-2007 08:24 PM

Moneybookers question:

When does the 90 day outgoing limit get reset?

Gottaget 11-15-2007 09:03 PM

I aven't played on stars or prty poker for a few months, I tried to fund both accounts with Use My Bank. Stars said service was temporarily unavailable and to check back later. Option for Use My Bank was not even there on Party Poker. What happened? Use My Bank done? I looked through some of this thread, I apologize if I missed it.

accord1999 11-16-2007 03:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Moneybookers question:

When does the 90 day outgoing limit get reset?

[/ QUOTE ]
It's a rolling thing. So each outgoing transaction's effect on your limit disappears after 90 days.

Henry17 11-16-2007 05:35 AM

UseMYBank seems done. Originally they were only suppose to be shut down for a short period but then that quickly became what appears to be a permanent shut down.

Bobo Fett 11-16-2007 06:09 AM

No point looking through this thread for UseMyBank anyway. There's very little here about it since it's not an eWallet.

I'd suggest Moneybookers.

Gottaget 11-17-2007 02:16 PM

Thanks for the info.

Breadeater 11-19-2007 03:41 PM

Moneybookers sends me wrong amount when I cashed out.
I requested $2000 USD and when it arrived it was $1980. I've cashed out from them before without an issue. Has anyone else experienced this?

Paul B. 11-19-2007 03:49 PM

Could someone established do me a big favor and send me a small amount on Moneybookers? I will pay a fee and I can give Party/Stars/FTP/Cake money.

LoyalFrush 11-19-2007 05:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I requested $2000 USD and when it arrived it was $1980. I've cashed out from them before without an issue. Has anyone else experienced this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here. It was my first cheque from MB and it was $20 light. I can't find any explanation on the web site.
Fired off an email (which I expect will be completely ignored).

Breadeater 11-19-2007 05:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Same here. It was my first cheque from MB and it was $20 light. I can't find any explanation on the web site.
Fired off an email (which I expect will be completely ignored).

[/ QUOTE ]

I've sent a complaint email thru there web email thing and they've gotten back to me that I should send in a scan or fax of the cheque and they'll investigate further.

mephisto 11-24-2007 12:52 AM

Yo, I just received my MB cheque and it was $20 lighter as well. $20 + $5.11 fee? This is out of control. Has anyone gotten to the bottom of this? MB is straight robbing us.

Breadeater 11-24-2007 01:04 AM

They asked me to send them a fax or scan of the cheque to them which I have on wednesday or tuesday and I havent heard back from them.

SparkMan 11-25-2007 04:37 AM

Anyone know which sites will allow deposits via Click2pay and then withdrawl via moneybookers? I can make a small deposit from mb also if necessary. Maybe Absolute or an Ipoker skin or a crypto?
TIA

Pale_Rider 11-25-2007 04:57 AM

I just wanna thank bobo and others for the info on moneybookers. I opened my account and immediately sent for the letter verification which when i got in 5 days or so automatically made my credit card valid without them having to have any initial deposits sent to my CC to verify it. All good stuff, I'll be withdrawing to my bank via Party as well. Great set up. So thanks to all.

Bobo Fett 11-25-2007 06:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone know which sites will allow deposits via Click2pay and then withdrawl via moneybookers? I can make a small deposit from mb also if necessary. Maybe Absolute or an Ipoker skin or a crypto?
TIA

[/ QUOTE ]
Go waaaaay back to the 4th post in this thread.

Of course, when you say you could make a small deposit from MB, then you should be able to do this at any site that takes both MB and C2P.

Also, forget Crypto...none of their skins take MB.

Henry17 11-25-2007 03:07 PM

Absolute allowed me to deposit with ePassporte and cash out via Moneybookers. That was how I got my original small deposit. I was just trying to go the pokersavvy route when I found that by accident.

4thstreetpete 11-25-2007 07:05 PM

Ok, I just signed up for a moneybookers account. I did the address/bank/credit card verification thing, and when it's all complete I will do a trip report. So far it looks pretty painless.

One stupid question I have though for the moneybookers users. I tried to verify my bank account and entered in the information. Do I need to make a bank transfer from my bank to moneybookers before it's verified? On my account page it says my bank is registered after I filled in the info but my limits have yet to increase.

Benal 11-25-2007 08:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, I just signed up for a moneybookers account. I did the address/bank/credit card verification thing, and when it's all complete I will do a trip report. So far it looks pretty painless.

One stupid question I have though for the moneybookers users. I tried to verify my bank account and entered in the information. Do I need to make a bank transfer from my bank to moneybookers before it's verified? On my account page it says my bank is registered after I filled in the info but my limits have yet to increase.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't deposit to MB with a credit card hoping to use those funds to fund a poker account. I found out the hard way that "credit cards cannot be used to fund gaming related sites". Of course there's like no mention of this until after the fact, and after they've collected their fee.

4thstreetpete 11-25-2007 09:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't deposit to MB with a credit card hoping to use those funds to fund a poker account. I found out the hard way that "credit cards cannot be used to fund gaming related sites". Of course there's like no mention of this until after the fact, and after they've collected their fee.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? I haven't had a problem with my TD visa buying into a poker site. What credit card were you using? I don't really need money in MB to deposit into sites but rather I need to set up an ewallet to move funds around and cash out to MB.

Edit: I started verifying my credit card and clicking "for gaming purchases" when I set it up. I haven't seen anyone else here had a problem using a credit card for gaming purposes. Anyone else confirm?

Benal 11-25-2007 09:49 PM

I used an Amex

Bobo Fett 11-26-2007 02:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
That is incorrect as a blanket statement, AFAIK. I'm fairly sure this thread has had people both succeed and fail, depending on the card they used. Out of curiosity, when they asked you if the funds would be used for gambling, how did you answer? A "no" will guarantee the funds can't be used for gambling.

Benal 11-26-2007 11:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
That is incorrect as a blanket statement, AFAIK. I'm fairly sure this thread has had people both succeed and fail, depending on the card they used. Out of curiosity, when they asked you if the funds would be used for gambling, how did you answer? A "no" will guarantee the funds can't be used for gambling.

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually answered something like "will answer/choose later". But I didn't get prompted again at any point.

Pale_Rider 11-26-2007 03:40 PM

Once verified by letter I was able to use my td visa but i clicked its for gaming purposes.

grando 11-26-2007 03:57 PM

update about the $20 short cheques?

LoyalFrush 11-26-2007 05:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Scan of the check sent in a few days ago, still waiting to hear back.
I'm still puzzled why they need a scan of the check, I mean don't they keep any records themselves?
[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Breadeater 11-26-2007 07:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

used there online message support thing to again ask what was up and still havent heard anything. I faxed them the cheque last week. This doesnt look good for moneybookers...

caduceus 11-27-2007 03:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I too have recently had this problem. This is the letter they've sent in response.

Dear Pissed Off Customer,

Thank you for contacting our support team and for the document provided.

We would like to kindly inform you that a fee of 20.00 USD has been applied on this transaction by the bank. Unfortunately, Moneybookers Ltd. cannot cover such fees at this stage as they are beyond Moneybookers' control and are imposed by the banks themselves.

However, please note that the issue has been brought to the attention of our department in charge. As soon as we have any updates we will contact you again.

Should you have further questions or need assistance feel free to contact us at any time.

Best Regards,
Maya
The Moneybookers Team

I responded informing them that this does not represent the "€ 3.50 flat fee" stated.

Breadeater 11-27-2007 08:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

We would like to kindly inform you that a fee of 20.00 USD has been applied on this transaction by the bank. Unfortunately, Moneybookers Ltd. cannot cover such fees at this stage as they are beyond Moneybookers' control and are imposed by the banks themselves.

[/ QUOTE ]

what "bank" are they talking about? Arent THEY the bank? How can they charge us this fee before we even cash it at out own banks?

Komodo 11-27-2007 09:28 PM

Lets say I want to have an ewallet in Dollar, one in Euro and one in British pounds.

Whats my best choices then?
Already got neteller in dollar, and thats a must, so it really leaves the other two currencies.
Are there any ewallets where you can have two accounts, one in pounds and one in Euro?

Bobo Fett 11-28-2007 06:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Lets say I want to have an ewallet in Dollar, one in Euro and one in British pounds.

Whats my best choices then?
Already got neteller in dollar, and thats a must, so it really leaves the other two currencies.
Are there any ewallets where you can have two accounts, one in pounds and one in Euro?

[/ QUOTE ]
Instadebit allows me to have US $ and Can $ balances...not sure how/if they operate with other currencies.

TheZodiac 11-28-2007 12:40 PM

Did anyone else get this Email from UseMyBank, want to make sure this isn't a phishing scam. If it's legit this is great news.

Dear valued UseMyBank client.

This is a courtesy letter to ensure that you have received your PAD
information package that was sent to you via email.

It is necessary for you to complete the package and send us back the
required information in order to be able to use our new service.

With our new service, your money will be debited from your account as
a Pre-Authorized Debit, (PAD). The information you provide us with,
will give us authorization to debit your account each time you want to
make a transfer to a merchant account. Without your authorization;
which is given in this agreement, the bank will not allow your money
to be transferred.

We are here to assist you any way we can with this new transition.

If you should require any additional information or help, please do
not hesitate to contact our support department via email and we will
be happy to help you.

Sincerely,

UseMyBank Support Team
1-888-259-2265 ext:7

Henry17 11-28-2007 02:00 PM

I have not received it but I don't believe it is a phishing attempt either. Contact them before doing anything. Obviously get their contact info from an independent source.

When UseMyBank stopped working there was a 2-3 day period where they had similar information on their site.

4thstreetpete 11-29-2007 06:49 PM

Here's my trip report with moneybookers.

I signed up a few days ago and did the address/bank/credit card verification thing. I got my letter in the mail today and entered in the code. Instantly I was verified and did not need to verify my credit card. It was all very painless. I then made a small deposit and it went through instantly, now I have moneybookers as a cashout option for the poker sites I play at. It was just like Neteller.

Thank you to Bobo and everyone else for this thread. This is fantastic.

4thstreetpete 11-29-2007 06:54 PM

One question about moneybookers, was anyone able to get MB's limit increased after the initial verifications? I believe it's 13K euros for a 90 day cycle. I would like to get that increased. Has anyone else tried it? Wasn't Neteller like 100K or something, I don't really remember having a limit on Neteller.