Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Puzzles and Other Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   weekday WW redux (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=102957)

traz 05-04-2006 05:17 PM

Re: weekday WW redux

24 pages of catchup, yay

Patton4 05-04-2006 05:24 PM

This is my problem with this game. I posted what I believe is a rational theory about Alex Levin and some sneaky wolf play, and it is acknowledged by a few people, but others seem to have not even paid any attention. What the hell is the point of trying to look into things if people aren't going to discuss it? The debates get controlled by one-liners and nonsense. Hopefully some of this noise is useful later. Whatever...

In the event that very few people looked into my Alex theory which I still think could be spot on, I say we have to go for a sure wolf kill today. I don't know how we can be so argumentative about this. Some people seem to want to kill Junkmail. I don't think it is correct. Some people think BobO. I happen to agree with them. Others say TheBram. He seems like he could be more of a wolf to me than Junkmail. No matter what, for the sake of killing a wolf today, we have to figure this out. I think we need to put all others aside for a second and get in depth here. We can't allow a late vote swing F us over.

For the time being, I'm staying with Alex, but unless something amazing pops up, I'm gonna vote BobO.

junkmail3 05-04-2006 05:26 PM

You do understand that content is frowned upon, right?

Patton4 05-04-2006 05:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

5. I'm unsure of Patton's theory on Alex. That seems like a pretty dumb strategy for the wolves to try, but... I'm leaning that Alex is okay, too.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is actually kind of smart, because it seems to go against a lot of what we consider to be wolf tendencies (stating what he obviously knows to be true [xorbie is a villager] and then killing that person). Alex was establishing who he knew to be villagers (once they were being threatened)as villagers, in order to gain confidence within the village (the Xorbie kill soldifies his plan). Now he has a free pass to kill some villagers, and maybe even sacrafice a fellow wolf to further his cause.

Now the only problem I see is would his fellow wolves allow him to do this? That is a problem, but I know BobO would let him do it.

Zurvan 05-04-2006 05:35 PM

Patton

If you think BobO is a wolf, vote for him now. See what happens. If you switch over, that leaves him 1 vote back of junkmail. If it then ties up, we'll see something interesting, IMO. Don't leave it until the last minute to switch over.

I don't think you're going to get anybody to join you on Alex just yet, even though I think it is a valid strategy. He's certainly smart enough to come up with it, and pull it off.

junkmail3 05-04-2006 05:36 PM

It's true - it's me or Bobo tonight, and that's a fact.

VoraciousReader 05-04-2006 05:46 PM

Patton, it is day 2. I don't think there can be a "sure wolf kill today". BobO sounds ridiculously suspicious...but he always does to me. So then I vote him, and he's a villager. I did hear he was a very sneaky wolf when he was a wolf. Is there anybody who played in that game that can shed some light here?

Junkmail sounds just like he did last game, as somebody pointed out...and he was a villager then. I think wdc is dead on and we likely have some villagers who will always sound like wolves.

And, here's the real irony. Now I see that people are voting thebram, and he has finally made a post with content in it (content aside from "VR is a wolf", that is). I still want to vote him, though.

I also have one other note. I reread the entire thread, not just today's posts, and there were a lot of people suspicious of Iron Yuppie yesterday. Then the bandwagon died and nobody has mentioned him since.

Through Patton's post:

[] [censored] votes VoraciousReader
[1] alex levin votes junkmail
[1] amplify votes junkmail
[4] bobojedafan votes kyro
[2] chuckles votes thebram
[0] durron votes junkmail
[] elevens votes thebram
[] fnord votes amplify
[] iron yuppie
[6] junkmail votes Bobo
[1] kyro votes bobo
[] madtown
[] Nicholas votes junkmail
[0] patton votes AlexLevin
[0] ScottHoward votes junkmail
[0] Shortline votes Bobo
[] sumzero votes thebram
[] SynSid
[4] thebram votes chuckles
[0] tiedup votes chuckles
[] TJ
[] tokyo
[1] VoraciousReader votes thebram
[] wdcbooks votes junkmail
[] zurvan votes BobO

Iron_Yuppie 05-04-2006 05:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

EDIT: Jared, if TJ isn't a wolf, and is mod-killed, can we get something as compensation? Maybe both seers getting a look tonight?? Perhaps an angel role for a night or two?? Something????

[/ QUOTE ]

lynch Elevens

I really don't think junkmail is a wolf; and, if he is, I'd think that him and all of this supposed content he is posting (I have to admit I haven't exactly studied it) should become more useful as the game goes on.

Iron_Yuppie 05-04-2006 05:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I also have one other note. I reread the entire thread, not just today's posts, and there were a lot of people suspicious of Iron Yuppie yesterday.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, boring though it may be, it is a tactic that works time after time.

junkmail3 05-04-2006 05:52 PM

So why vote for elevens?

He isn't going to get lynched tonight. You not voting for someone who matters tonight is very suspicious.

And I was wrong when I said it was Bob or I. It's Bob, thebram or I.

It's getting late, and you need your vote to count. I say put it on one of us and let the village work more than the wolves.

junkmail3 05-04-2006 05:53 PM

VR,

If thebram loses a vote, I would suggest that you vote for either Bob or I tonight - as I said above, we need the village deciding, not the wolves.

(I understand how you feel about thebram, so you should keep your vote there for now since there is a chance he could catch me, and you would get to lynch who you most suspect)

ReEdit: Making a new post.

Thebram 05-04-2006 06:00 PM

Well I'm leaving work now, and probably wont be home before 7.

As junk pointed out it's going to be me, bob or junk.
Personally I dont feel good about any of those choices, but bobo seems the most likely to actually be a wolf.

vote bobo

Iron_Yuppie 05-04-2006 06:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So why vote for elevens?

He isn't going to get lynched tonight. You not voting for someone who matters tonight is very suspicious.

It's getting late, and you need your vote to count. I say put it on one of us and let the village work more than the wolves.

[/ QUOTE ]

The clubhouse "leaders" are apparently at 6-4-4, in a game of like 20 or so people, so there is no way that the vote is a foregone conclusion yet. I spent the last 30 minutes reading through this thread, and really don't see the logic in choosing between you 3.

I think that the majority of our wolves are staying quiet (easy to do in a game this size). Maybe my vote for Elevens wasn't smart from this perspective, but it is so hard to vote for someone that doesn't say much, and not make it sound like you're just picking someone pretty much at random.

Elevens 05-04-2006 06:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So why vote for elevens?

[/ QUOTE ]

Junk,

I'm thinking more and more that you're a villager. And this bandwagon between you and Bob is disturbing, because I think he is a villager as well. I really need to reread and isolate just your posts and Bob's. Hopefully, I will be able to tonight, but I promised the wife that I'd cut the grass.

I'll stick with Thebram especially since I think the two of you stand a decent chance of being villagers.

junkmail3 05-04-2006 06:07 PM

Important

I don't care if this brings more votes on me - it's important for games this big, and in this format.

I should say that anyone without a vote for 1 of the 3 people that are most likely to get lynched tonight should change their vote. We really do need the village to build a majority on one player so the wolves can not swing the votes to who they want to.

Now that it's getting late, it's becoming more clear that people aren't interested in voting for chuckles or VR tonight, maybe another day - but not tonight.

I suppose that, at this point, it should mean at least 12 votes for whoever gets lynched - that way six wolves can't change things.

By villagers voting (and only you know who you are) we take the power away from the wolves.

If you need/want to vote for me tonight, do it. Your single votes on people do nothing but help the wolves kill off the village themselves - it gives them control.

I don't care what you think about me - you need to think about this post - and not write it off as 'confusing wolf speak' If you really read it, it makes a ton of sense. If I die as a result of this, that's fine, but we need the village to do it. Not the wolves.

Elevens 05-04-2006 06:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
24 pages of catchup, yay

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope he made you an angel or something.

JaredL 05-04-2006 06:27 PM

Vote count:
6 junkmail - alex, amplify, durron, nicholas, scott, wdcbooks
5 bobojedafan - junkmail, kyro, shortline, thebram, zurvan
4 thebram - chuckles, elevens, sumzero, Voracious Reader
1 alex levin - patton
1 amplify - fnord
1 chuckles - tiedup
1 elevens - iron yuppie
1 kyro - bobojedafan
1 Voracious Reader - [censored]

Again, voting is not official until 7 Eastern.

edit: missed one.

traz 05-04-2006 06:34 PM

I just entered the game about 1 hour ago, and have read the thread, and I think some of you are so far off...

TUNNEL VISION IS BAD

Patton4 05-04-2006 06:40 PM

The silence is really bugging me. Traz, if you'd care to chime in.. time is of the essence.

Tokyo!! 05-04-2006 06:41 PM

Here's my thoughts. I'm sorry I am not posting more, I am insanely busy with school at the moment, and will be very busy tomorrow as well. However, from Saturday on, my schedule will lighten up alot and will become a much more active participant. I have skimmed the thread and just would like to say a few things about the most suspected:

BobO: In the two games that I played with Bob when he was a wolf, one game he was very quiet and cunning, and mostly stayed out of affairs. He lasted to the end and got a win for the WW. In the other game, he posted frequently at the beginning, caught suspicion, spazzed out, claimed fake seer, and got lynched first day or something. In pretty much all the other turbos I've played with him, he has posted very actively and gained alot of suspicion and was lynched first or second day nearly every time (as a villager). So it seems to me he is going to spazz alot and receive suspicion regardless of his role, but it is more likely he is doing so as a villager (I know he hates to die). I completely understand a vote for him, and would be willing to vote for him, but maybe not today (next lynching if we miss, almost certainly).

Junkmail:Seems to act very similar to BobO. Unfortunately, I have no experience playing with him so I do not know if he is a spastic villager or desperate wolf. For most general cases (I think Bob may be an exception), this heated defense tends to be wolf more often than not. I would be willing to vote for him tonight, but again like the Bob case, I'm not certain either way.

thebram: I was most suspicious of him on day 1, hence my vote of him. Today he has not done much to allay my suspicions except throw his hat in the ring that BobO or junkmail must be good candidates. If both Bob and junk are villagers, I would lean HEAVILY to bram being a wolf. If one or both are wolves, this certainly does not clear bram (wolves vote for wolves all the time), but I would give him more credit.

Other less talked about suspects:
Chuckles-Funnily enough, thebram posted first on him, saying that people who add only things like "I agree" with little substance are no help and generally are wolves. This type of wolf behavior is rampant in the turbos (don't know how accurately that translates here). Wolves who pretend to be villagers often try to appear helpful without being so. If anyone remembers the mish-mash game, this is basically exactly how chuckles acted as mafia. In turbos when he has been a villager, he has been much more active in his voting and reasoning. I do not think he should be on the chopping block just yet (there are better suspects), but I hope people take notice of this for the future.

Elevens-I am suspicious of him for the same reasons I am of chuckles. He seems to be pushing for thebram most out of the 3 current best candidates, so if thebram is voted tonight, and turns out to be a villager, I think that he could become a prime suspect (more so than chuckles if bram is villager).

That's all for now. I will be on and off until seven, and I will make my vote between now and then. I'm sorry I'm not more active, in two days, I'll be more helpful I promise.

.Alex. 05-04-2006 06:41 PM

*sigh* I hope I'm not making a mistake.

Change to Bobo.

SynSid 05-04-2006 06:44 PM

Vote junkmail

traz 05-04-2006 06:45 PM

Patton: My "radar" so to speak is tuned to turbo right now, and the long-term games are quite different, so I'm laying off throwing out names right now.

That being said, I think the most suspiscious people are the ones posting very little right now, or very bland/on the fence posts. Also, I think there are likely to be a fair number of wolves NOT voting for one of the bandwagons right now.

That being said, VR is probably near the top of my list.

traz 05-04-2006 06:46 PM

In addition, I don't know alot of the players in this game and can't say if they're playing typically or not...so what I may view as wolfy might just be their regular retardedness.

shortline99 05-04-2006 06:49 PM

Has Bob been in to post a defense of himself at all? Because I'm pretty sure he's on 2+2 somewhere. My vote for him stands until he posts again in this thread. And he's running out of time.

JaredL 05-04-2006 06:49 PM

Vote count:
6 junkmail - amplify, durron, nicholas, scott, wdcbooks
6 bobojedafan - alex, junkmail, kyro, shortline, thebram, zurvan
4 thebram - chuckles, elevens, sumzero, Voracious Reader
1 alex levin - patton
1 amplify - fnord
1 chuckles - tiedup
1 elevens - iron yuppie
1 kyro - bobojedafan
1 Voracious Reader - [censored]

Again, voting is not official until 7 Eastern. You must get your vote with a time stamp of 7:00 PM or earlier to have it count. I will lock the thread as soon as it's 7:01.

Patton4 05-04-2006 06:54 PM

I think it's time we had a feeding frenzy on wolves.

I vote Bob.

shortline99 05-04-2006 06:54 PM

In other news, I hope Bob's not the seer [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

BobOjedaFan 05-04-2006 06:56 PM

Shortline My only defense is im the only one not bandwagonign on villagers like everyone else and instead going for the obvious wolf, kyro, thats my only defense

shortline99 05-04-2006 06:58 PM

When you are two minutes from lynching, remind me why Kyro is obvious again, and why you're not jumping on Junkmail to try to save yourself.

SumZero 05-04-2006 06:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Vote count:
6 junkmail - amplify, durron, nicholas, scott, wdcbooks
6 bobojedafan - alex, junkmail, kyro, shortline, thebram, zurvan

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this misses Alex and Sydsin who pushes it to 7 vs 7 junkmail and bobo. Should we aim for a tie between these two?

If both or neither are wolves tie is no worse, if one is a wolf and the other isn't a non-tie final result means that even a single WW may have been the deciding vote. I don't think we want that, as it makes it less than 50% that we lynch the wolf when exactly one of them is a wolf.

Iron_Yuppie 05-04-2006 06:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Shortline My only defense is im the only one not bandwagonign on villagers like everyone else and instead going for the obvious wolf, kyro, thats my only defense

[/ QUOTE ]

Surely, if you are a villager, you see an advantage in keeping yourself (a known villager) alive?

traz 05-04-2006 06:59 PM

fwiw, I don't want to vote junkmail, but I guess its down to the wire, and I do not really believe bob is a ww.

vote junkmail

BobOjedaFan 05-04-2006 06:59 PM

Vote Junkmail

BobOjedaFan 05-04-2006 07:00 PM

P.S. I hate you all

Tokyo!! 05-04-2006 07:00 PM

vote junkmail If junkmail is a villager, I am absolutely voting Bob 100% tomorrow and likely not changing. The only reason I am choosing junkmail over Bob is because bob could have switched off to junk to try and save himself and he has not. If junk is a wolf, Bob is not off the hook, but we should look at the people who voted for him.

Iron_Yuppie 05-04-2006 07:00 PM

vote Bobo

junkmail3 05-04-2006 07:00 PM

I"m the seer =- honestly!~

junkmail3 05-04-2006 07:01 PM

Let the wolves kill me tonight!

JaredL 05-04-2006 07:22 PM

It was an extremely close vote. Here were the votes:

[censored] VR
alex levin bobojedafan
(1)amplify junkmail
(8)bobojedafan junkmail
(1)chuckles thebram
durron junkmail
elevens thebram
fnord amplify
iron yuppie bobojedafan
(9)junkmail bobojedafan
kyro bobojedafan
madtown
Nicholas junkmail
patton bobojedafan
ScottHoward junkmail
Shortline bobojedafan
sumzero thebram
SynSid junkmail
(4)thebram bobojedafan
tiedup chuckles
tokyo junkmail
Traz junkmail
(1)VoraciousReader thebram
wdcbooks junkmail
zurvan bobojedafan

With 9 votes, junkmail was lynched. The villagers thought he seemed suspicious all game. They were right in that he was not a villager. Unfortunately he was the seer!

At least you waited until the second day this time!

It is now night.