Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Heyman: Miggy is on the block. (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=539833)

bugstud 11-09-2007 05:28 PM

Re: Heyman: Miggy is on the block.

twins would just play him at third anyway, I mean what other options are there?

Franchise 60 11-09-2007 05:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Unless the Marlins just want to dump his payroll and care about nothing else (which I doubt is the case) I'm really not sure what type of deal could happen.

[/ QUOTE ]

They obviously want to get the best they can get for him, but there is no doubt cutting cost is the number one reason they are trading him. There is no other reason to trade a 24 year old player with 4 HOF caliber seasons already under his belt.

They realize that they can't resign him when his deal is up, so they want to get the best they can get for him. Will it be equal value? Most likely not, but its hard to get equal value for a guy who is as good as he is at his young age.

This is my question, If you can't keep a player like Cabrera in an city with a large Hispanic demographic than what is the point of having a franchise?

MikeyPatriot 11-09-2007 05:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nick Punto, LDO.

bottomset 11-09-2007 06:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nick Punto, LDO.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

onlinebeginner 11-09-2007 07:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The Twins have tons of young pitching and some good catching prospects. They also could really use a big, right handed DH. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

they should get AROD

onlinebeginner 11-09-2007 08:05 PM

Kennedy + Cano + Melky + Some good prospect I don't know about...how short of cabrera is that

Huskiez 11-09-2007 08:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Kennedy + Cano + Melky + Some good prospect I don't know about...how short of cabrera is that

[/ QUOTE ]

I am pretty sure this would get it done but Yanks wouldn't want to give up Cano.

onlinebeginner 11-09-2007 08:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I am pretty sure this would get it done but Yanks wouldn't want to give up Cano.

[/ QUOTE ]

There was a BP article a while back saying that the yankees should trade melky and cano + other stuff I don't remember for Cabrera

honestly cano is great, but MIGGY is a BEASSSSTTTTT

kyleb 11-09-2007 08:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah now that's way too much

Franchise 60 11-09-2007 09:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There was a BP article a while back saying that the yankees should trade melky and cano + other stuff I don't remember for Cabrera

honestly cano is great, but MIGGY is a BEASSSSTTTTT

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think "other stuff" includes the 3rd best pitching prospect in the organization who is penciled in the rotation for next year.

Trading Cano is a ludicrous idea.