Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   College Football Week 8 (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=526001)

rsigley 10-18-2007 09:42 PM

Re: College Football Week 8

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
had to give away these tickets cause no one would buy them for face value

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, I would have in a heartbeat. The last big game I could get tickets to was MSU vs RU and the game wasn't even sold out. How is getting down there on 287 nowadays? I see those signs up sayings heavy traffic by people are saying that its complete bs.

[/ QUOTE ]

i never take 287, i usually take 18 -> turnpike which is horrible as usual

i wanted to go tonight but non of my friends could go and didn't wanna go alone ha

[/ QUOTE ]

it's halftime, you guys should gogogogogogogogogogogogogoggoogo

[/ QUOTE ]

ha 25 mile drive + construction on the main road + parking on another campus and taking a bus over there means i'll get there sometime around middle of the 4th quarter

Needle77 10-18-2007 09:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I've often thought it would be awesome to have a sirius or internet audio channel with REAL analysis of everything done by a football guy into the schemes and breaking down the chess match

[/ QUOTE ]

This would be a dream of mine. I can only read about 1/2 of everything going on, I wish they had the high end zone view that we get in film study and I had tivo because I would enjoy the game two fold as much. Be so much more fun watching teams that I don't have bets on or root for.

Needle77 10-18-2007 09:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
had to give away these tickets cause no one would buy them for face value

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, I would have in a heartbeat. The last big game I could get tickets to was MSU vs RU and the game wasn't even sold out. How is getting down there on 287 nowadays? I see those signs up sayings heavy traffic by people are saying that its complete bs.

[/ QUOTE ]

i never take 287, i usually take 18 -> turnpike which is horrible as usual

i wanted to go tonight but non of my friends could go and didn't wanna go alone ha

[/ QUOTE ]

it's halftime, you guys should gogogogogogogogogogogogogoggoogo

[/ QUOTE ]

ha 25 mile drive + construction on the main road + parking on another campus and taking a bus over there means i'll get there sometime around middle of the 4th quarter

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to mention I go to college in PA which is 45 minutes from the Jersey border(route 78) and another 25 minutes to 287 and exit 25 and I'd have to get to exit what is it, 9? Just not looking good, lol. Also I already have a good amount of alcohol into me.

Riverman 10-18-2007 09:46 PM

this BC coach is inspiring me to bet against BC in every remaining game

MyTurn2Raise 10-18-2007 09:47 PM

ESPN was so close with the ESPN full circle broadcast of Miami-FSU last year

instead of Cowherd jacking off with anyone on one of the channels, they should've had solid analysis
Get Jaworski in there to talk about the QBs progression
Get Ray Lewis to talk about the defensive scheme
and so on

one endzone cam, the regular came, and one wider view from the elevated sideline on 3 different ESPN channels

I'd be in heaven

Needle77 10-18-2007 09:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this BC coach is inspiring me to bet against BC in every remaining game

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha, except I have an enormous mancrush on Brian Toal(who is hurt), I'd agree with you. But Brian Toal is my hero, even though he graduated the same year as me, watching him play football in high school was just inspiring. I can't wait until he plays on Sundays.

Riverman 10-18-2007 09:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

instead of Cowherd jacking off with anyone on one of the channels, they should've had solid analysis
and so on

one endzone cam, the regular came, and one wider view from the elevated sideline on 3 different ESPN channels

I'd be in heaven

[/ QUOTE ]

it has to happen eventually

Needle77 10-18-2007 09:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

and so on

I'd be in heaven

[/ QUOTE ]

The thing is, even if ESPN2 was the only one airing the game at the same time, it has to get better ratings than what they would normally air. It has to be, to use a poker term, +EV for ESPN to do this rather than air high-school football. Which, by the way, I am completely against airing HS football on ESPN. Keep it to Fox Sports as the highest it gets.

Needle77 10-18-2007 09:50 PM

Oh, and of course I'd rather they have someone like Boselli or Pace in the booth rather than Jaws, QB's are premadonna's lets talk about the Grunts.

damaniac 10-18-2007 09:51 PM

Interesting rumors on Mich-Illinois...hearing that Hart is out, and Juice is out, and Benn is "hurt". Also, the game is reportedly being taken off the books in Vegas. FWIW.