Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   High Stakes Poker thread (10/8) (possible spoliers in thread to come?) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=518570)

RokKandyKween 10-10-2007 01:55 PM

Re: High Stakes Poker thread (10/8) (possible spoliers in thread to co

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I found Safai's whole "I gotta go! Let's gamble for my stack!" thing hilarious, as it reminded me of antics I've seen in $20 buy-in home games I've played in.

[/ QUOTE ]

In the B&M when someone says that it's because they have the nuts already. Safai just had TT.

[/ QUOTE ]
Exactly. This was the hand when I learned Caro's hand-shaking tell is useless at these stakes. Eli could have EASILY had JJ or higher, and Safai would have likely been a dead duck.

Unless Safai had detected a sure tell on Eli?? I can't imagine that being the case.

eMbAh 10-10-2007 01:57 PM

I wanna know why people say stuff like "Don't be so hard on Jamie Gold - he def sucks but give him a break"

I have only seen him on the WSOP final table, in some interviews and on high stakes poker, and judging from that I find him really charismatic, so whats up?

grdred944 10-10-2007 02:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, the fact it was Hellmuth made it not quite as bad but still seemed a little overboard.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jennifer backed up Gold and also told Phil he was taking way too long if that is the 'overboard' you are referring to.

grdred944 10-10-2007 02:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol, I was just referring to Negeanu's commercial where he is [censored] playing stret hockey and comparing it to poker while doing spin moves and [censored] under a tunnel. LOL, just...he's not a douche, but seriously, that's really really funny. I wish I could take my post back now, I feel bad for calling him that.

Barry

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, not a douche but I imagine his hockey career would look like this.

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h8...rkRedWings.jpg

Rottersod 10-10-2007 02:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I wanna know why people say stuff like "Don't be so hard on Jamie Gold - he def sucks but give him a break"

I have only seen him on the WSOP final table, in some interviews and on high stakes poker, and judging from that I find him really charismatic, so whats up?

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't speak for others but I dislike Gold intensely. His whole style from shoving the blueberries in his mouth with milk dribbling down his chin, to his belief that he has the game to mix it up grates on my nerves. In a hand between him and Hellmuth I would root for Hellmuth 100% of the time.

Bluegrass Poker 10-10-2007 02:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, the fact it was Hellmuth made it not quite as bad but still seemed a little overboard.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jennifer backed up Gold and also told Phil he was taking way too long if that is the 'overboard' you are referring to.

[/ QUOTE ]We don't really know how long Phil took due to editing. He probably did take a long time. It's just the way Gold did it that I didn't like. Hell, who knows, maybe he had asked for the clock earlier in a civil manner but he just came across as a dick, IMO, in the way he did it.

RokKandyKween 10-10-2007 02:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
he just came across as a dick, IMO, in the way he did it.

[/ QUOTE ] And perhaps that's what the producers wanted to convey....

sapol 10-10-2007 05:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
he just came across as a dick, IMO, in the way he did it.

[/ QUOTE ] And perhaps that's what the producers wanted to convey....

[/ QUOTE ]

very true. I dislike both JG and PH but in this case Phil was the one out of line IMO.

52s 10-10-2007 07:34 PM

The thing with Sammy is that he's a very particular player in that he wants things done a certain way, and especially so when he's losing and starts getting crabby.

The thing with the two guests behind him he was in the right with - in these games the hangers-on/sweaters (not just talking HSP now, but Bobby's Room, etc.) usually sit far away on couches/sofas/whatever or are sitting behind the one person they are sweating, and they also don't get directly involved with the action (i.e. guests here trying to sell insurance).

In this case someone else's sweaters were sitting right behind him, and he's cautious enough to know they could be trying to get a peak at his cards, disrupt him, anything.

Sammy may not seem it because he's throwing money around fishing it up but he's cautious that everything be on the up-and-up. Note when there's all-ins he wants all the chips/money pushed forward and be near the middle (note he wanted the mainpot/sidepot straightened out on the 3-way AI before the turn/river got dealt). He does this in regular side action as well.

Sammy flipping out because he "wasn't comfortable" is very reasonable.

And I know this because I know many (as well as myself) who have dealt to him. Just the way he is.

Black winter day 10-10-2007 07:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Eli is a jew he's been persecuted and he throws around moneys like nothing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ban?
And i am serious...