Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   New CardRunners website to launch tomorrow (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=509466)

09-26-2007 08:01 PM

Re: New CardRunners website to launch tomorrow

[ QUOTE ]
Site up now but servers crashed under the load?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, it might be tough to get in the next few hours. Great job Tay, I'm really excited about the new site. CTS is a great addition and I really hope that Jman comes back soon.

Oh yeah, and one Tuff Fish video a month would be great too. Have you ever thought about bringing him on? I saw the photo you and Andrew took with him at the WSOP and it got my mind thinking that way.

bigbb33 09-26-2007 08:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ok the site is not up and ready and won't be for a couple hours. please i'll just post here the second it goes live and then everyone can check it out.

thanks,
tc

[/ QUOTE ]

Did it crash under the load when you put it up?

moving shapes 09-26-2007 08:01 PM

click click click

Taylor Caby 09-26-2007 08:06 PM

it didn't crash under the load, and it won't (i hope, however, i'm good at making false promises so take that for what it's worth).

it's not easy to transfer the data from 2 years of forum posts, blogs, articles, hundreds of videos, etc. from one site to the next, especially when dealing with different programming languages, etc.

the site is going to take some time to fine tune once the data is loaded in, then it should be up and going. there snouldn't be any problem with download speeds when up and running, we've invested significant money to make sure that doesn't happen.

so when the site is up, download as much as you want. just don't share your account or i will rip your heart out. just kidding, but account abusers will now be flagged and locked out, fyi.

tc

simuk 09-26-2007 08:07 PM

CTS at 25/50... It's happening! ITS ACTUALLY HAPPENING!

Ship Ship McGipp 09-26-2007 08:09 PM

cardrunners and i can't come to terms i want more money obv

hed zup 09-26-2007 08:12 PM

how much is membership these days anyway, i forgot?

Donkey-Milker 09-26-2007 08:14 PM

i wouldn't want an aejones vid lolz

i would watch a Grimstarr video though - especially if it touched on the fine points of blind-stealing and tilt-equity.

also... i thought CTS was already sort of attached to the site. i know he hadn't done a video before but anyone who has a blog there must be involved. anyway.... i'm happy about it so good job guys!

adi 09-26-2007 08:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so when the site is up, download as much as you want. just don't share your account or i will rip your heart out. just kidding, but account abusers will now be flagged and locked out, fyi.

tc

[/ QUOTE ]

hi, taylor

what exactly do you mean by ''account abusers'' ? do you detect ip's and lock them out if they're different for the same account? i use the account from 2 computers in my home and another one in another location. am i breaking any rules? cheers.

goofyballer 09-26-2007 08:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
edit: (the guy who put up the spoiler, ur an absolute tool. U ruined the anticipation for people waiting and i suspect u took a little enjoyment from the owners who have worked hard on it. I hope u dont run good in life. Some people just dont deserve to)

[/ QUOTE ]

lol @ relating the anticipation of CR's new site to, say, the ending of the Sopranos