Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Read this before starting a "Who Do I pick in Survivor" Thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=497753)

lastchance 09-25-2007 09:44 PM

Re: Read this before starting a \"Who Do I pick in Survivor\" Thread

[ QUOTE ]

I made a bet w/ a friend about who would do better in this if he made all his picks ahead of time and I made mine week to week.

[/ QUOTE ]
Why is your friend so dumb?

Russ M. 09-25-2007 09:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've got Dallas this week.

[/ QUOTE ]

DonkeyKongSr 09-25-2007 10:22 PM

I'm on Dallas too. Definitely their best matchup for quite awhile and I can save SD for when LT remembers how to kick ass again.

Spellmen 09-25-2007 10:24 PM

Dallas/SD both about 12 point favorites right now, so I'm on Dallas as well

rafiki 09-25-2007 10:32 PM

I have a pick'm pool where points are assigned based on how bad teams are. Anyone wanna assign the likelyhood of Miami winning at home ? They are worth 9 points vs Dallas being worth 4. This seems like Miami's best chance to win at home (vs Oakland). I'm sure there's some EV calculation I can make here. If Dallas wins this 90% of the time and gives me 4 points, and Miami wins 60% of the time for 9 points (that sound about right ?), Isn't it a clear pick for Miami ?

rafiki 09-26-2007 11:00 AM

bump !

kyro 09-26-2007 12:46 PM

If you can pick a team more than once, I would lean towards SD as I think the majority of people are scared to pick them.

rafiki 09-26-2007 12:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you can pick a team more than once, I would lean towards SD as I think the majority of people are scared to pick them.

[/ QUOTE ]

sadly I can only pick a team once. Also SD are worth very little points. The format is survivor+points, but if you get one wrong you keep going. You just don't get points for that choice. So going after Miami is a risk reward thing I may have to gamble on.

Tyler Durden 09-27-2007 06:11 PM

Less than 10% of the remaining field of 1,538 has used Dallas so I am reluctant to take the Cowboys b/c I think that will be everyone's pick. So should I use the separation theory and choose a different team? If so, who? I've already used Pittsburgh, Baltimore and New England.

Thanks for any advice.

Spellmen 09-27-2007 08:04 PM

San Diego is the only other pick I really like