Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   BBV4Life (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Beat: My Life (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=490404)

TheOneWizard 08-31-2007 04:52 AM

Re: Beat: My Life

Lurk,

I think you'd be amazed how many people in your every day life really care about you. In the hustle of life it doesn't always come through, but it's true. You are loved.

You can make it. We're rooting for you.

Full-Metall 08-31-2007 04:55 AM

You need to find meaning in your life. I found out, after months of soul searching, that god sent me to Earth to kill Gene Simmons. You will find meaning too, so don't count yourself out just yet.

entertainme 08-31-2007 05:23 AM

Thanks to everyone in this thread for both the BBV4L humor [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] and sharing your stories. Thanks to Mat Sklansky and everyone else who stepped up.

A family member of mine attempted suicide a year ago. Thankfully he wasn't successful. It's not an easy road back.

When someone is fighting clinical depression, it's like having blinders on. Your perspective of life, time, and potential for future change get all screwed up.

There's no shame in getting help, both medication and therapy until your brain can heal. Some of the most brilliant people have struggled with these issues, and many overcome them every day.

Thanks BBV4L for being there when a guy was down. I know we all wish Jake the best and look forward to his future posts.

jordiepop 08-31-2007 05:26 AM

i dont think there is anyone who has not thought about this before. i was strung out on oxycontin and xanax and figured i should just eat several bottles and get it over with. its such a permanent solution to a short term problem.

its so devastating to read something like this, but its up to him and i hope he gets help.

Labarde 08-31-2007 05:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Lurk,

I think you'd be amazed how many people in your every day life really care about you. In the hustle of life it doesn't always come through, but it's true. You are loved.

You can make it. We're rooting for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a great post. Good luck Jake, We're all thinking of you.

disasterflop 08-31-2007 05:31 AM

[

KSOT 08-31-2007 05:49 AM

Just want to add my name to the list of people saying don't do it lurker, you're cool.

diebitter 08-31-2007 05:51 AM

Jeez Lurker, we were having a laugh like 3-4 days ago about your undertitle. You even pmed me a reminder to 'enhance' it a little.

Cmon, Don't do it Lurker. There will be good times again.

egocidal 08-31-2007 05:59 AM

I've been on anti depressents for the last month or so, after some heavy therapy and testing. It works, but you need to make a decision for yourself first. Do you want to get better.

Fonkey123 08-31-2007 06:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Lurk just went to bed. We had a good talk and he says tomorrow morning he's going to talk to his therapist and go from there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Drizzle for mod!