Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   About the Forums (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   Degen was just banned (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=347074)

SoNo41 03-08-2007 09:18 PM

Re: Degen was just banned

Just decided to check out Degen's RakeAid, and found out that Absolute Poker, Full Till Poker, etc are all Indepedant sites.

Controvercial, definately [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

The Worm 03-09-2007 12:45 AM

Fahlang was finally banned, so hopefully this is the last we will hear on this topic. Good Riddance.

firstyearclay 03-09-2007 03:07 AM

iron81,

that thread never should of been locked. It was merely a discussion. You censored where you thought the thread was going not because of what was written in it.

Bad example.

Mike Haven's response in this thread is the best.

fyc

Big Limpin 03-09-2007 03:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Do you agree with Degen being banned?

[/ QUOTE ]

This poll makes me sad.

</thread>

gg

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] Not sure if you remember Big Limpin' from way back in the SnG forum years ago...but just to let you know at least one person gets teh "this thread makes me sad" reference here, I remember GauchoFish [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I carry no grudge. I neither like you or despise you. Good luck in your future.

networkman 03-09-2007 02:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] Not sure if you remember Big Limpin' from way back in the SnG forum years ago...but just to let you know at least one person gets teh "this thread makes me sad" reference here, I remember GauchoFish [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I carry no grudge. I neither like you or despise you. Good luck in your future.

[/ QUOTE ]

I also remember GauchoFish.

Everytime I've ever seen a post/thread of Degens I think of the GauchoFish/IrieGuy thing.

adanthar 03-09-2007 03:50 PM

don't worry, some of us in the mod forum do remember these things.

citanul 03-09-2007 05:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
don't worry, some of us in the mod forum do remember these things.

[/ QUOTE ]

Scorpion Man 03-10-2007 01:47 AM

(this was meant to quote IRONs link to Degen's "racist" post)

It's somewhat OT, I guess...but just because I am stubborn I will chime in that I think your banning Degen in that specific instance (the link you provided, for a day...not the perma ban) is misguided and politically correct. He has a right to his opinion. His opinion is not obviously, patently wrong, either...it is just worded crudely. The same sentiment could have been put forth in a fairly scholarly way citing academic evidence (actually... it was, later in the thread). My point is not to agree or disagree with his sentiment...it is to disagree with censorship. THe world is not made a better place by forcing everyone to stifle opinions that are unpopular. Forums are supposed to stimulate discussion...his post was certainly on its way to doing that.

Mat Sklansky 03-10-2007 02:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
it is just worded crudely

[/ QUOTE ]

Ultimately, isn't this what leads to most of the bannings, here? We expect that people won't be "crude" when they speak with one another.

Scorpion Man 03-10-2007 03:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
it is just worded crudely

[/ QUOTE ]

Ultimately, isn't this what leads to most of the bannings, here? We expect that people won't be "crude" when they speak with one another.

[/ QUOTE ]

I did not mean "crude" as in using a slang word for a vagina. I really meant more "simply" and without the floweriness with which I could state the same case, if I so chose. He said "dumb". He was not being "crude" to someone in this forum...in fact, what he wrote wasn't 1/10th as crude as the stuff I seein BBV4life, nor was it directed at other posters, as much of the crudeness on these forums is. This is political correctness, plainly and simply, to ban someone for that post (again, for the day...not the ultimate ban).