Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sports Betting (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Where is the smart money going on Ohio v. Florida? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=301037)

MicroBob 01-09-2007 04:36 AM

Re: Where is the smart money going on Ohio v. Florida?

I noticed this in the subject of the thread a few days ago but let it slide because I didn't care.
Then I saw OSU referred to as Ohio several more times in this thread and I just thought it was really odd.

Nobody calls them 'Ohio'. It just sounds weird. And also happens to be the name of a completely different school.

Where my bet was had zero influence on this.

Who on earth called this Iowa/Fla St?
I think that's odd too.

Troll_Inc 01-09-2007 11:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So he had a bad game, Brady Quinn wasn't exactly Steve Young in his bowl game versus LSU, he will still get the big bucks and atleast an opportunity to make even more professionally.

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't the NFL draft more about the combines for skill positions than the bowl games or even them playing their college ball?

It seems that if you were to write out the consensus top picks right now and then again at the actual draft you get a lot of movement.

h_ven 01-09-2007 03:01 PM

MicroBob,

One of my buddies I was going to watch the game with last night called it that. We were both drunk and I knew what he was talking about.

etizzle 01-09-2007 05:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
tOSU will win in a blowout.

[/ QUOTE ]

bump

mmbt0ne 01-10-2007 01:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So he had a bad game, Brady Quinn wasn't exactly Steve Young in his bowl game versus LSU, he will still get the big bucks and atleast an opportunity to make even more professionally.

[/ QUOTE ]

Troy Smith also showed that he's about 5'10" when Chris Leak towered over him after the game. He had been listed at 6'0" by OSU. NFL scouts hadn't measured him yet.

After this bad performance that number becomes a lot more important. Not Joe Hamilton important, but still a big factor.

Bill C 01-10-2007 02:38 AM

I don't think he had a "bad performance" he just wasn't allowed to have a good one. He was sacked 6 times which is on his OL, and only 4 completions. But he's short, perhaps fast but not quick in the pocket, and was not really able to do a lot to help his own cause the way things went. His OL laid down like dogs.

I just cannot imagine him as a top-flight pro QB. He will not be drafted in the first round, maybe not even in the second. He seems like a real nice kid and I wish I thought he had more of a shot at a big career.

bill c

Thremp 01-10-2007 02:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
He seems like a real nice kid

[/ QUOTE ]

Wasn't he the Marcus Vick before Marcus Vick?

Bill C 01-10-2007 09:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He seems like a real nice kid

[/ QUOTE ]

Wasn't he the Marcus Vick before Marcus Vick?

[/ QUOTE ]

The way I read it, he had turned things around and was well liked and respected by his coaches and teammates. But who ever really knows?

bc